• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pretty convincing freaky stuff

Amoeba

My (admittedly limmited) knowledge on biology and my basic sense of logic tells me that this can only be a fake. For a start, if it was real her eyes would be cut to pieces

(sorry if this is old news, I don't know if it is, but I haven't found another post on this)

Girl has crystals coming out of her eyes

If this is a fake, it is bloody well done! :freaked: I don't know why this freaks me out a little. Maybe it's because it has to do with the eyes. I mean SHARP, CUTTING OBJECTS COMING OUT OF EYES.

How the heck did they manage to do that? I've seen how they can manipulate movies but... I can't get my head around how they'd have done it. I even have doubts as to whether this is a fake, which sounds really stupid but DAMN.

Think about it, if her parents forced her to shove bits of glass into her eyes so that they could spit it back out later they would be cut up.

She admited somewhere to someone that it was a fake (there's a few mentions floating about the net)... but how did they do it?

One word, wtf? That looks incredibly realistic, and I'm having trouble believing that it's not real. Hmm, that is odd...

I just don't get how the eyes don't get all cut up, or even red or watery for that matter. Is it really just a manipulated film, using computer graphics?

What the.. looks like they shoved glass in her eye and then filmed it falling out. ,,xD
her eyes aren't even watering... Wonder if it's possible for substances to crystalize in that area. :S

....and that would be so awesome going to school like that, you could pull random crystals out of your eyes and throw them at other kids! ,,xD

We need a science geek to come in and explain what this is all about. :B

That,to me sounds scientifically impossible, What compounds are the crystals made out of?

Well, the explanation that people on youtube give says that they are salt crystals

Still, if that was the case, wouldn't it be more like a bunch of tiny specks of salt slowly growing into a lens over her eyes?

This is scientifically impossible, salt crystals could grow that big but the salt would damage her vision very badly, just like swimming pool water irritating our eyes, pure salt would make things worse. This is proof that not every thing on the internet is true. Besides, why would salt grow on your eyes? Tears aren't that salty.

I'm just ineterested in how they got it to look real.

Before anyone says computer graphics, I know that, what I mean is how.

We need a science geek to come in and explain what this is all about. :B

Think about it, if her parents forced her to shove bits of glass into her eyes so that they could spit it back out later they would be cut up.

Actually, it's very possible to stick sharp objects in your eye socket without cutting anything; I'll try to see next time my stepsister is at our house if she can take a picture of me sticking my finger (with very long, sharp fingernails, too) in various places there. It's actually really easy and doesn't hurt a bit (although once you start putting things in the part that's above your eyeball instead of below or to the side of it your eyes start watering badly). As long as the sharp parts weren't scraping against her eyeball, she'd be perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom