• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

PC Games.

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
Just upgraded my rig; now I need new games.

My to-get list:
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Spore
Dawn of War II
Red Alert 3

Any suggestions?

Whoo WC3~ Whoo DotA~

Hrrm. Obviously you like RTS games... I'm not a huge fan of them, so I'm not much help there. My brother plays Company of Heroes a lot; it's got German accents in it and units tell each other to fire the Panzerfaust and push back the Yankees, so that makes it worth looking into.

Uh, yeah. Not really sure what other kinds of games you're interested in.

If you like RTS, then Company of Heroes isn't a bad buy at all.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 and 3 (2 is the lamest) are good.

If you like RPGs, you must try The Witcher.

So... what are the specs on your computer now?

I have an ATI X1900 somewhat grafted onto this thing via obscene wires and what looks like electrical tape, an Intel dual-core and about 1Gb of RAM.

CoD4 and CoD5, both are kick ass for the PC, and like some else before me, spore, it doesnt't work 4 me cuz i have less than a gig of ram. and even tho the min req 4 it is 2 gig ram, it will only work 100% unless you got 3 gig. Also, you should get WoW along with both expansions.

WoW? Fuck no.

I hated that "game". There was supposed to be a Warcraft IV but noooo, Blizzard had to conform and turn the average Warcraft fan into another basement-dwelling lv. 80 Elite nerd.

well, it isn't a spec-heavy game - in fact, the game was written in the early 90s - but i recommend another world. it's nifty game that's heavily based on cinematics. the original programmer endorses a gba rom port that a group released in 2002 or so, but a windows xp rerelease exists on cd-rom.

RA3 doesn't go well w/ Warcraft 3

In RA3 a single base defense can fend off an attack but not in WC3

Also, "sure win" strats in RA3 are shogun battleship spam and flakblades

Back
Top Bottom