• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Just when you thought we'd stop getting news of people making stupid fuck-ups with the Wii...

Not Meowth

Cat, are you drilling?
...we have a woman who tries to put a credit card into it.

wii_credit_card.jpg

My neighbors which I don't really know to well to begin with, got their kids a Wii for Xmas. They got no games for it, but they did get a Classic Controller as well as an additional Nunchuck Combo and a carrying case. They asked me what games they recommended, and I decided to recommend them the Animal Crossing City Folk/Wii Speak bundle, Wario Land Shake It,Mario Kart Wii, and Super mario Galaxy. I also recommended them some VC games including Super mario World, and Sonic 2 8-bit.

Anywho, the Mom asks me what VC is, and I told her. I told her that all she needed to do was put in her credit card when prompted on the Shop Channel, and get the amount of points she wanted. I also told her what WiiSpeak is, and how to connect her Wii to the internet via an ethernet connection.

Anywho, I got a call today from the mom telling me that the Wii is not working. I asked what was wrong and you won't believe it.........

SHE PHYSICALLY PUT 3 CREDIT CARDS INTO THE DISC SLOT.
HOW STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Also while putting the Wii Speak on top of her sensor bar, she apparently cracked it open. Just ugh. I told her she has to cancel her cards and call Nintendo for a 75USD repair, and now she expects ME to pay for this. Her husband is on my side of the issue, but she is steaming at me right now. Seriously, she put in 1, and thought that that one could not be accepted, so she kept putting them in and they will not come out. I might try to remove them tomorrow with her hubby while she is away on a business trip.
http://kotaku.com/5121855/dumb-lady-physically-puts-credit-cards-in-wii

Saw this on another forum and thought I'd share. Slightly old story, but meh.

XDDD

Oh wow. Sorry, 'XDDD' just completely sums up my thoughts right now... going to be a little embarrassing to explain to the person fixing her Wii how she broke it.

To be fair, the disc slot kind of looked like it could be used for cards... Kind of.

But then again, she stuffed them in there.

... the person did say to "put in her credit card", so um... I guess she took that advice literally.

Did this woman even know what you do with a credit card? Like take it to a shop?

*Facepalm with two hands and glasses off*

Ugggghhhh, at least the TV isn't broken. Which reminds me, I could fling my Wiimote at my HD TV all day and it wouldn't break. Projection screens rock!

Anyway, the person who gave her the instructions had a lack of soft skills, I blame them!

Yeah, but the point is that when someone tells you to put a code into your game, you don't write it on a piece of paper and jam it into the game slot, and when it doesn't work most people wouldn't do it two more times after that.

*facepalm*
That's just...I...um...How... whoever that is, is an absolute moron... XD

Although I can't speak, I accidentally downloaded 1000 wii points when I didn't want to... =P

This reminds me of that story I heard of that guy who ejaculated on his keyboard and electrocuted himself.
xDDD

well geez if you're so sensitive about it I could add spoiler tags
No really I didn't mean to gross you out! I'm so sorry! xD

I never knew semen conducted electricity. Astonishingly. xD
This needs to be made more publicly known. Lives are at stake. :)

Neither did I, but then again I read it on the internet so take it with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom