• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Twilight

Minish

Pronoun
they
Has anyone read this series, by Stephenie Meyer? Please don't spoil me, I've only read the first book. xD

Everyone on MuggleCast were saying people talked about it as if it were the 'next Harry Potter', and everyone was like 'oh whatever' - and then the next episode everyone had read it and were discussing it and made a site for it. So I decided to actually read it it myself~

It is pretty awesome and squeeful, but the second half kind of got a bit suckish - I wasn't expecting Bella and Edward to get together so quickly. Makes me wonder what's going to happen in the next few books. o.o

Aaanyway and there's going to be a film~ It looks like it could be bad, but hopefully it won't be?

I keep hearing people talk about how awesome it is so I read about it on Wikipedia.

Sorry, not going to bother with this shit. ;-; I just sounds like some generic vampire fanfic but maybe I'm speaking too soon. :I

It is a generic vampire fanfic. I stopped reading it after the first five chapters because it bored me to tears. I hope she wasn't trying to tell me that Bella/Edward was a healthy relationship. D:

A friend recommended it to me, saying it was 'right up my alley.'

It... wasn't.

(And anyways, Discworld's undead are funnier.)

Err.
I don't like it... the writing style bugs the heck out of me... and, well, it's nothing I haven't seen before in far too many vampire-AU pieces of fanfiction, complete with nobody seeming to realize how unhealthy the relationship is.
And the fans are scary.

... and the sparkling. I'm sorry, but sparkling...

Err.
I don't like it... the writing style bugs the heck out of me... and, well, it's nothing I haven't seen before in far too many vampire-AU pieces of fanfiction, complete with nobody seeming to realize how unhealthy the relationship is.
And the fans are scary.

... and the sparkling. I'm sorry, but sparkling...

The writing style isn't bad, it's just mediocre (like mine lolo). I was apparently supposed to find Bella witty and amusing but it just didn't work with the dialogue. Argh. D:

The sequels are MUCH better than the first. While I don't really like the vampires in the series, the werewolves are MUCH better.

I finished reading Twilight! :D But before I read New Moon, I've got to read my required Summer Reading books, Beowulf and The Hobbit. I have no doubt that they're good, but I don't approve of having to read them while I'm in the middle of the Twilight and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.

I like them, everyone at my school likes them, my mom likes them and so does my aunt and supposedly everyone at her school to.

Doesn't sound all that exciting, and my friends hate it.
Vampire fiction has never attracted me, so I doubt I'd like this series.

Sounds pretty boring, and if it's similar to Harry Potter I feel an even bigger urge to ignore it completely, but I suppose I shouldn't judge.

Almost certainly won't read it , though.

It's nothing like Harry Potter. :v

Wow... mixed views. xD
I suppose the book was rather dull, but... I thought perhaps that was the point, like in Corpse Bride? I hoped maybe the vampires' world would be really fun and awesome like the dead world there. :D
But... that's probably not the case.

If the next few books ARE actually good, I might read them...

It was recommended to me by a friend, but I'm not so sure what to make of it. Doesn't sound like my type of book (I have little interest in vampires), but she insists that I should read it because nobody she knows hates it.

I'll take a glimpse at it perhaps and make up my own mind.

I read the beginning of the first book, but didn't finish it because it was really starting to bore me, and it seemed stupid. Then I read this, and now I'm glad that I didn't finish it. :|

EDIT: Though Eragon is a hell of a lot worse imo.

Back
Top Bottom