• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Comics & Manga[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
Come on, someone ELSE in here has to read comics. As for manga, I'm not even gonna bother.

My collection:

-Ultimate X Men
-Cable & Deadpool
-Warhammer 40,000
-Yotsuba&!
-Judge Dredd

Bit small, I know.

I read collected comics from the library sometimes but thats mostly it. Anything that isn't Spiderman, Iron Man or F4 i'm not that interested in. (Yeah I know I suck)

Manga? I love loads of manga. I adore the Yu-gi-oh and Megaman manga and have finished reading my most recent copy of Battle Royale.

^ I also love the megaman manga (even if i've only read the first 2) and Battle Royale is a great series.

I don't have my manga collection with me so I can't check, but it's pretty massive; somewhere between 150 and 200 volumes? I've got loads of Fruits Basket, Case Closed (Detective Conan), Psychic Academy, Bleach, FMA and Naruto, all of Death Note, Azumanga, Loveless, Pet Shop of Horrors, Chobits, Cardcaptor Sakura, Gundam SEED, and FLCL, and loads of bits of other manga series, like Yotsuba&!, Negima, Love Hina, Pita-Ten, Evangelion, Suikoden, Tsubasa, Battle Royale and other stuff.

I tend to save up lots of money and then spend it all on cheap second-hand manga at anime cons X3

The only graphic novel I own is V for Vendetta, and I absolutely adore it.

I read collected comics from the library sometimes but thats mostly it. Anything that isn't Spiderman, Iron Man or F4 i'm not that interested in. (Yeah I know I suck)

Manga? I love loads of manga. I adore the Yu-gi-oh and Megaman manga and have finished reading my most recent copy of Battle Royale.
Read the Ultimate series. I don't think Stark's been made one yet, but I know for a fact there's an Ultimate Spidey(which features Shadowcat) and F4(featuring Prof BaldieXavier), though.

I'm a fan of Marvel generally but my favourite of them is probably Captain America. Even though the Spiderman series have the coolest villains. (HobGoblin and Lizard are awesome)

For Western comics, I've read Watchmen, American Born Chinese, and some kind of graphic novelization of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Pretty much just things my friends have let me borrow. :V

I keep meaning to start reading more comics... but art is the main thing that draws me to a comic series, and a lot of the art in the comics I find is pretty eeeeeeh. (Suggestions for comics with awesome artwork would be greatly appreciated. c:)

I have a lot of manga; don't care to list it all.

For Western comics, I've read Watchmen, American Born Chinese, and some kind of graphic novelization of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Pretty much just things my friends have let me borrow. :V

I keep meaning to start reading more comics... but art is the main thing that draws me to a comic series, and a lot of the art in the comics I find is pretty eeeeeeh. (Suggestions for comics with awesome artwork would be greatly appreciated. c:)

I have a lot of manga; don't care to list it all.
The Ultimate series sans a few issues with guest artists, Cable and Deadpool, and the recent Spawn comics have been good.

Last edited:
^ I also love the megaman manga (even if i've only read the first 2) and Battle Royale is a great series.

Battle Royale is a good series indeed, i'm at 13, where Mitsuko has the wierdest death yet I did see it coming though.

Battle Royale absolutely horrifed me. I watched the film and it wasn't too bad, but I actually threw up because the manga made me feel so sick.

(ssh I have a weak stomach)

I like weird indie comics that only come out in Belgium ): Usually really like American comics but I don't find them as often or easily as said indie comics.
Oh and re: Japanese comics I only read Yotsuba and Monster.

The movie was worse. Wierd film, didn't they have that guy from Takeshi's Castle as the teacher?

The movie was worse. Wierd film, didn't they have that guy from Takeshi's Castle as the teacher?

Worse how? I agree the manga has much better characterisation, plot and, well, pretty much everything, but it's also way, way more graphic in its depictions of, well, everything (isn't vol 8 or something nothing but endless sex scenes with Mitsuko?).

I think that the manga's better, quality-wise, but also a lot herder to stomach. Which is really saying something, because the movie's pretty horrific.

Yeah. Its just in the manga you can relate to the characters more and it doesn't just seem a gorefest if you're watching for the first time.

for western comics, i read maus and a third of bone. i want to read alan moore's comics somewhat.

as for manga, i have all of azumanga daioh, all of the main plot of the recipe for gertrude (volume five is just one long omake, if i remember), all of what yotsuba&! has come to america, all of the flcl manga, both volumes of q-ko-chan, three volumes of emma (a surprisingly entertaining manga about victorian maids :x), five volumes of sugar sugar rune, the disgaea one-shot, the first volume of the disgaea 2 manga, the first volume of murder princess, and the first volume of astro boy. the only manga i want to read is the haruhi manga, plus whatever new nari kusakawa manga. kusakawa is a great storyteller.

I don't read the western comics. I'm weird like that.

As for mangas:

Tokyo Mew Mew (+ a la Mode)
Cardcaptor Sakura (1-4)
Kamichama Karin (7. yeah, just seven. Good God I need Chu really bad.))
Pita-Ten (1-4, 7-8)
Shugo Chara! (4-5, saw the anime so there's no need.)
Kingdom Hearts (1-3.)
Hell Girl (1-4, two copies of three thanks to Christmas)

I'm a horrible person who doesn't buy these things. I did start reading Soul Eater at one point, but I stopped for... some reason I don't remember. I probably had homework to do (LIKE I DO RIGHT ARSING NOW).

[is not counting Hetalia.]

Back
Top Bottom