• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Need help with my team...

Darksong

Back in action!
So, I'm not sure whether this is competitive battling, so I just put it here. Anyway. I need my Diamond team rated. I'm using it to defeat the Elite Four, but I'm not very confident, so I was wondering whether I should change it.

Torterra lv 54 (no item)
Nature: Impish
Ability: Overgrow
Crunch
Earthquake
Giga Drain
Razor Leaf
*By all means, please tell me if I should teach it Leaf Storm*

(Toki) Dialga lv 53 (no item)
Nature: Serious
Ability: Pressure
Metal Claw
Ancientpower
Dragon Claw
Roar of Time

(Safira) Lucario lv 53 (Fist Plate)
Nature: Naive
Ability: Steadfast
Bone Rush
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
ExtremeSpeed

(Chouji) Munchlax lv 53 (Everstone)
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Thick Fat
Metronome
Rock Smash
Body Slam
Rest

Deoxys lv 53 (Smoke Ball)
Nature: Jolly
Psycho Boost
Zap Cannon
Iron Defense
Psychic
*My Deoxys is in Speed Forme because that's when its stats are most balanced out. And no it is not hacked; I received it from a recent event*

Kingdra lv 53 (no item)
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Sniper
Twister
Hydro Pump
Surf
Waterfall

Please help me with this. Do I need more training? Different movesets? Different items?
Thanks a lot for rating my Diamond team.

Last edited:
Torterra lv 54 (no item)
Crunch
Earthquake
Giga Drain Wood Hammer does way more damage
Razor Leaf

(Toki) Dialga lv 53 (no item) Give it an Adamant Orb
Metal Claw Flash Cannon is a TM for a reason.
Ancientpower
Dragon Claw
Roar of Time

Bone Rush Dark Pulse might be a better choice.
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
ExtremeSpeed

(Chouji) lv 53 (Everstone) I don’t know what kind of Pokemon a Chouji is.
Metronome
Rock Smash Pure failure
Body Slam
Rest

Deoxys lv 53 (Smoke Ball) Try Attack form, it’s fast and strong to wipe out almost every thing, and Speed form isn’t balanced enough to survive more than one hit anyway.
Psycho Boost Special Attack lowering won’t do it any favors, give it Shadow Ball
Zap Cannon inaccurate, try Thunderbolt or Shock Wave
Iron Defense useless for Attack and Speed form, as they’ll faint any way. Give it Brick Break or Energy Ball.
Psychic
*My Deoxys is in Speed Forme because that's when its stats are most balanced out. And no it is not hacked; I received it from a recent event*

Kingdra lv 53 (no item)
Twister Try Dragon Pulse instead
Hydro Pump
Surf
Waterfall Give it Ice Beam

Comments in bold. All moves are available by Move Tutor, TM, and Lv. Up. And Get you Pokemon to at least Lv. 60. Each.

Last edited:
Well... I really frown agains using ubers in a team, so I don't really like it. You also didn't tell me what your 4th Pokemon is.

I guess I'll just rate your Pokemon individually.

Torterra- Mine actually has the same moveset. I would advise you only have one grass move though.

Dialga- It actually looks good, but please don't use it against anyone in a normal battle.

Lucario- It looks good as well.

Whatever your 4th Pokemon is- Rock Smash is a horrible move. I would never use it.

Deoxys- I actually picked up two on Friday from my Gamestop. I put them in Attack and Defense Formes. I wouldn't teach it both Pshchic and Psycho Boost. I'm letting both of mine learn Pshchic. Other than that, it looks good.

Kingdra- frowny face... It knows 3 water moves. WHY? I have one in Emerald at level 100. If I were you I would keep Surf, and then I would teach it Ice Beam (or any good Ice move). The rest is up to you.

As I said earlier, I can't fairly rate your team as a whole because of your 4th Pokemon, and I frown upon using ubers in normal battles. Now I might wind up raising my Deoxys(es) just for fun and uber battles, but no more.

I'm sorry. Chouji is a Munchlax. But I'm stumped on what to teach it instead of Rock Smash. It can't remember any good moves.
By the way, what about Roxxor's suggestion? Only one grass move? Roxxor, is it OK if you tell me what else I should teach my Torterra?
And can you please tell me where I get the TMs I need?
Scizor King- In my opinion, attack form fails. Its defense is 43. What good will that do if it doesn't 1-hit KO the enemy?

Last edited:
I have a question. Why keep it a Munchlax?

Regardless, ditch Rock Smash for Brick Break if you really want that Fighting move.

So, I'm not sure whether this is competitive battling, so I just put it here. Anyway. I need my Diamond team rated. I'm using it to defeat the Elite Four, but I'm not very confident, so I was wondering whether I should change it.

Torterra lv 54 (no item)
Crunch
Earthquake
Giga Drain
Razor Leaf
You don't have to, but I recommend teaching it Rock Slide instead of Crunch if you don't use the TM on Dialga first.

Metal Claw
Ancientpower
Dragon Claw
Roar of Time
I remember there being a TM Rock Slide somewhere... Try that instead of AncientPower.
Bone Rush
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
ExtremeSpeed

Metronome
Rock Smash
Body Slam
Rest

Psycho Boost
Zap Cannon
Iron Defense
Psychic
...0.0 why would Deoxys need a Smoke Ball if it's already fast enough to flee from everything else? And, Iron Defense is great protection. If you use Psycho Boost at the end of the battle, it's okay.

Kingdra lv 53 (no item)
Twister
Hydro Pump
Surf
Waterfall

Please help me with this. Do I need more training? Different movesets? Different items?

And I don't know if I'm allowed to rate other people's ratings, but...

Torterra lv 54 (no item)
Crunch
Earthquake
Giga Drain Wood Hammer does way more damage - Draining attacks are useful for when you have low HP
Razor Leaf

(Toki) Dialga lv 53 (no item) "Give it an Adamant Orb" -Okay.
Metal Claw Flash Cannon is a TM for a reason. - Okay.
Ancientpower
Dragon Claw
Roar of Time

Bone Rush Dark Pulse might be a better choice. - Maybe.
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
ExtremeSpeed

Metronome
Rock Smash Pure failure - Huh? It is bad, but what else can you teach it?
Body Slam
Rest

Deoxys lv 53 (Smoke Ball) Try Attack form, it’s fast and strong to wipe out almost every thing, and Speed form isn’t balanced enough to survive more than one hit anyway. - Believe it or not, Speed Forme's stats are more balanced out than Normal's, like Gardevoir said. I agree with the "being OHKO'd itself it doesn't OHKO the foe first" opinion.
Psycho Boost Special Attack lowering won’t do it any favors, give it Shadow Ball - If you use it as the last move in the battle (which I do), it won't matter.
Zap Cannon inaccurate, try Thunderbolt or Shock Wave - I think Thunderbolt because: Even though it may miss, it can also paralyze the foe, just like Zap Cannon. Shock Wave is nothing special except for the fact that it never misses.
Iron Defense useless for Attack and Speed form, as they’ll faint any way. Give it Brick Break or Energy Ball. - Actually, Iron Defense is a good move; I use it with my Deoxys all the time and it never faints.
Psychic

Kingdra lv 53 (no item)
Twister Try Dragon Pulse instead - That would be a good, but optional idea.
Hydro Pump
Surf
Waterfall Give it Ice Beam - Again, good but optional.

Last edited:
I disagree with Metallic Deoxys because Crunch is good for things like Psychic and Ghost types; Ghost types which Torterra wouldn't be able to hit otherwise.

*gives Dialga Adamant Orb*

Deoxys - I think I should keep Psycho Boost because I could use the fast-and-strong Attack form Deoxys on a Pokemon, KO it, and switch to something else to negate the Sp. Atk-lower.
Remember, Metallic Deoxys, this may be all about opinion, but I am trying to be offensive, not defensive. I have to defeat 5 trainers in a row. I think Scizor King's decision is good, but I still have no idea where to get the TMs Thunderbolt and Brick Break.

Kingdra- Too late, I already taught it Dragon Pulse :D any way, since Kingdra's Atk > Sp. Atk, I think I should delete Hydro Pump for Ice Beam instead.

I still need some info on the locations of TM Thunderbolt, Brick Break and Ice Beam, and what to teach Chouji instead of Rock Smash. Thanks for the ratings, but what good will they do if I don't have the TMs?

I've added my thoughts. Feel free to ignore and others feel free to contradict me

Torterra lv 54 (no item)
Crunch
Earthquake
Giga Drain
Razor Leaf

Almost identical moves to mine (mine had synthesis,which was replaced with leaf storm), and i had no problems with it. Find a TM move if you want a fouth type, and leaf storm is optional (however i would keep razor leaf over giga drain due to the PP)

Metal Claw
Ancientpower
Dragon Claw
Roar of Time

Not a bad move set, but there may be better moves in TMs. Having not used it, i can't comment

Bone Rush
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
ExtremeSpeed

Again almost identical to mine (i taught it dark pulse instead of bone rush), and again i found it to be reliable.

Metronome
Rock Smash
Body Slam
Rest

Rock smash is not really helpful, and metromome is not a good idea in important battles. Try some elemental TMs (if munchlax can learn them), and if using rest snore or sleep talk may also help.
Lose the everstone and give it an item to boost it in battle. Prevent evolution using the b button

Psycho Boost
Zap Cannon
Iron Defense
Psychic

Can't comment much, but you want somthing more accurate than zap cannon.
Lose the smoke ball. As far as i can tell it only helps against wild pokemon, so give it an item of use against a trainer

Kingdra lv 53 (no item)
Twister
Hydro Pump
Surf
Waterfall

As mentioned before, 3 water moves is a waste. Replace waterfall/surf with ice beam.

Training-Would be a good idea but it is possible to win at these levels (i did, but i spent several turns using hyper potions to survive). Do as much as you can stand, then buy a lot of healing items (dont worry if you spend all your money - if you lose you won't lose as much)
Items-If you have the shell bell, give it to any pokemon which has relativly low HP. Then give any type-boosting items to a pokemon with matching moves and finally give any other pokemon stirus/leppa/lum berries (you may need to grow some)

TM13 Ice Beam is on the Upper section of route 216 (need rock climb to reach it)
TM24 Thunderbolt is in Fugero Iornworks (I Think)

When using Psycho Boost (and leaf storm if applicable), either use a physical move after or only use if garunteed a KO. Also if you have a white herb you may want to use it, but i think it's one use only so you may want to save it

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thunderbolt is above the Power plant. Surf along the river in Floaroma town by the windmill.

Ice Beam is Route 216

Ack. Brick Break is a Battle Tower prize. X_X Nevermind. Go for like Rock Tomb maybe? I don't have a clue. It'd be so much easier if it was a Snorlax. Edit: On second thought, I lik the Sleep talk idea, but maybe go for Return if you don't like that idea. I'm all out of ideas on physical type variations. If all else fails give him like Flamethrower or something.

Which leads me back to the question: Why is it a Munchlax still?

Well, it's still a Munchlax because I think it's much cuter than Snorlax. I would evolve it if I could de-volve it, but you do have a point. I'm trying to think whether evolving Chouji into an almost ever-sleeping Snorlax is a good idea. But Return would be a GREAT idea. Thanks for reminding me!

Yea, especially if it's ready to evolve.

And I know how you feel. On my second Silver version run, I kept my Squirtle locked into Wartortle. :3

In my opinion, attack form fails. Its defense is 43. What good will that do if it doesn't 1-hit KO the enemy?

...I am pretty sure attack forme Deoxys has the highest attack and sp.atk in the game... Not KOing Pokemon in one hit wouldn't be an issue except aganst highly defensive Pokemon...

Well, maybe you're right, but once it used Psychic on a wild Medicham, level 44 when it was level 59 and it didn't KO it. The E4 has much stronger Pokemon than that Medicham, so I'm starting to wonder whether Deoxys will faint too much in Attack form.

Its Attack is 229 and its Special Attack is 206, but it doesn't know any physical moves. It knows Psycho Boost, Thunderbolt, Psychic and Iron Defense. Does anyone have any idea for physical moves that I could teach it?

65? Really? ...That's going to take a really long time... are you sure I should do it or should I just use a TM for something else?
...Then again, ExtremeSpeed is probably a good idea.
...Actually, for some reason, I can't remember ExtremeSpeed. Does anyone have any good ideas for TMs and where to find them?

Last edited:
You can also get the TMs for Thunderbolt and Ice Beam at the Game Corner if you have a bunch of time and/or money to waste.

Back
Top Bottom