• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Setting up DS WiFi - WEP code help?

spaekle

emotionless and cold as ice
Okay. So.

I had no trouble using my DS WiFi for a long time. Then we found out our neighbors were stealing our internet or something, so my dad put the WEP code that we hadn't been using before in place.

I got my parents to tell me the WEP passcode. I tried entering that, and it's not valid. Turns out you can't just enter the passcode on the DS, you need the actual hex number. My mom has no idea what the hex number is. I've tried two or three online converters where I supposedly put in the passcode and it gives me the hex, and they've all given me different things, but none of them are working.

So, what I'm wondering is, could anyone here either point me in the direction of a converter that will give me what I need to put in for the DS or tell me how to figure out the hex code in some other way? I want my WiFi back before Platinum comes out. D:

Eh, you're supposed to be able to look it up in your router's security settings; unfortunately, different manufacturers do the conversion differently, so if you aren't getting results and you can't find the actual key somewhere, you're just going to have to keep looking for different generators. Try including the brand of your router in your search term for a converter if you haven't already been doing so.

Anyway, since the thread is here, can someone tell me how to set up one of these from scratch? I've never had one, so I have no idea how to make one.
You mean a wireless network? You go out and buy a router and follow the instructions for setting it up and networking your wireless devices. There's not really any "from scratch" about it, unless you were going to try and create your own router or something.

Okay, I poked around with the router's settings and found that it only works if I set the security mode to WEP; we'd had it on WPA2 Personal before, and I don't have a damn clue how to get a code that works on the DS for that. It might not even be possible. I'll have to talk to my mom and ask if I can change the settings. I guess I've figured it out though. :D

Nah, it's fine, I changed the settings and got it working again.

Problem solved, thanks everyone!

You mean a wireless network? You go out and buy a router and follow the instructions for setting it up and networking your wireless devices. There's not really any "from scratch" about it, unless you were going to try and create your own router or something.
Where can I buy one of these? A BestBuy?

Back
Top Bottom