• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Trick Room Team Help?

Thorne

It's feeding time
With Platinum creeping up on us like a shadow, I thought I'd begin competitive battling sooner or later, and decided to try to make a Trick Room Team. I've designed and done some choices, and now I'd like to know any improvements that can be done.

The team is the following:

Gallade
Steadfast
Brave Nature
(not item yet)
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Trick Room
ThunderPunch

Magnezone
Magnet Pull
Quiet Nature
Leftsovers
Thunderbolt
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Thunder Wave

Tangrowth
Leaf Armour
Brave Nature
(not item yet)
Power Whip
Earthquake
Focus Blast
Sleep Powder

Probopass
Magnet Pull
Sassy Nature
Leftovers
Thunder Wave
Toxic
Power Gem
Protect

Porygon-Z

Adaptibility
Quiet Nature
(not item yet)
Tri Attack
Trick Room
Psychic
Dark pulse

Dusknoir
Pressure
Brave Nature
Leftovers
Trick Room
Shadow Punch
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

Suggestions for different moves/natures/Items are gladly welcome.

Firstly PLEASE use the

Pokemon @ Item
Ability / Nature
EVs:
~ Move 1
~ Move 2
~ Move 3
~ Move 4

Or something like that format because it's quite a pain to look at your format.

I don't think Gallade is a good Trick Room user, there are better ones and I haven't seen one team with one, also Gallade's base speed stat is 80 which isn't high but is pretty high considering the usual of Trick Room teams.

Bronzong is a good one to set up Trick Room, you could use...

~ Gyro Ball
~ Trick Room
~ Reflect / Light Screen / Earthquake
~ Explosion

Why do I get the feeling that you chose some random Pokemon that have low speed? Some Pokemon do different roles better, Tangrowth is better as a defensive Pokemon but could work. But there are better Trick Roomers. Magnezone is decent and so is Dusknoir...

I guess I'm new to competitive battling but I've been going for a while. I suggest going on Smogon's RMT forum and searching up some Trick Room teams for reference and looking at some Pokemon's analysis's on the main site.

And get Shoddy, because you don't need to waste time EV training and everything. And it's more enforced, in terms of the tiers and banned Pokemon and stuff which Wi-Fi doesn't block.

Gallade and Porygon-Z have far too much speed to be on a Trick Room team. Bronzong would be a good Pokemon to add.
Marowak also works well on a Trick Room team, since it's normally hindered by low Speed.
Porygon2 could probably replace Porygon-Z.

Back
Top Bottom