• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

R/B/Y Worst battle, breeding and training mistakes

Desolater66

Banned
We all had those moments where you know you screwed up bad weather it was giving you pokemon alot of special moves when its attack was much higher then its sp-attack or using the wrong combo or maybe you went about raising your pokemon the wrong way. Talk about your worst stupidest strategy mistaskes or if you went about training a certain pokemon the wrong way or you made a bad moveset.

My worst mistakes were giving my pokemon just power moves and disreguarding items or stat boosting moves. I really dident know too much about battleing and I had to learn on my own and to top it all off I dident take any advantage of say for example teaching Torterra earthquake to counter water types I guess what im trying to say is dident give my pokemon moves to counter there weeknesses.

Edit Screwed up prefix but its for all the versions. R/B/Y S/G D/P Saphire/Ruby LEAFGREEN/FIRE RED

It was focuing only on my starter (I had a 70 blaziken. My closest pokemon was lvl. 30, and I'd just catch stronger and stronger wild pokemon of that type. :sweatdrop: ), and teaching important fighters HM moves, which I still sometimes do today.

Never EVER in the R/B/Y and G/S/C games did i have more than one pokemon above 50 when going to Elite four. I just leveled my starter and that was it. Also I never used any moves like double team and thunder wave because i thought they were usless as they did no damage.

I taught my team in blue HM moves which I couldn't ever remove cause in RBY there is no move deleter. So I had to start a new game...

I dident take any advantage of say for example teaching Torterra earthquake to counter water types

Wait... What? Why EQ when you can go with Wood Hammer? O.o

Anyways, my biggest mistake... Pikachu...

Thunderwave
Thundershock
Thunderbolt
Thunder

D: Yes, I though that was a GOOD moveset in Red! T.T

Oh, has anybody here EVER used an electric-type attack on a Flygon, taking the name literally? It seems every time I battle a random real life person, they do that! It is quite funny XD

Oh, yeah? My Pikachu is so much better!
Thundershock
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Agility

>_>

Never EVER in the R/B/Y and G/S/C games did i have more than one pokemon above 50 when going to Elite four. I just leveled my starter and that was it. Also I never used any moves like double team and thunder wave because i thought they were usless as they did no damage.

This.

Going to Sinnoh Elite 4 with Level 40 pokemon. Never have I hated bug pokemon like I did on that day.

RBY: Horrible, underlevelled teams at the E4.

GSC: Using a hacked L100 Mew that my brother traded me to beat Gold from Victory Road onwards. Sapped the fun out of it, plus I was at level 50 with everyone by the time I got to Red. I consider this the worst mistake I've ever made in a Pokemon game.

RSE: In Ruby, using an uber. In Emerald, going into the E4 with a level 50 team. Drake's Kingdra set up on me and I spent around 20 revives reviving my poor Pokemon, waiting until Body Slam ran out of PP so I could actually attack without being OHKO'd. Also, giving my Swampert mostly special moves.

DP: Well, can't think of any for Pearl, but for Diamond I wound up (somehow, despite fighting every trainer in the game) being veeeeery underlevelled for the E4 (levels 44-50). I beat Cynthia by a very lucky Critical Hit Brave Bird, if I had missed Roserade would have one shotted Staraptor and Rapidash.

RBY: Never beating this game (the first time) because I had a blastoise at level 72 while my closest pokemon was a level 50 Moltres and a level 37 Hitmonlee. Victory road was horrible since my blastoises movesets were

Surf
Hydro Pump
Blizzard
Skull Bash.

I had to use struggle along the way, and don't even get me started on thinking that full heals were full restores. I went broke that day.

GSC: Using my Masterball on a Snorlaz then finally getting to Ho-oh with only ten Ultra Balls. Fighting that kid with all the Johto starters just to earn money.

RSEGetting all the way to the elite four with my Swampert knowing

Waterfall
Surf
Earthquake
Ice Beam

only to find out that it was of the Adamant nature.
Spending all my money on cocaine revival herbs only to wonder why Return did nothing.
Cloning rare candies on emerald to get all my pokes on level 100 not knowing what EV's were.
Only having one battle to win to fight Anabel only to lose to the Double Team Toxic Blissey combo because of 1 missed attack.

DP: This game was alright, except when I first got it I made it all the way to Eterna city only to accidentally drop the game, let it freeze up and find out I saved it right after I got Piplup. Boy was I pissed.

Stadium: Beating the Elite Four after hundreds of attempts only to jump around in joy and hit my Nintendo 64 and make the game freeze.

I have more but I can't remember.

Oddly enough, even in my stupid days of Pokemon, I didn't do anything mournfully stupid. But I did do some stupid things.

R/B/Y: Teaching the only Lapras in the game 3 HM's, so it could only learn one move. My brother got so mad at me. D:

G/S/C: Training a Weepinbell all the way to the Elite Four, excited to get a Victreebel, but then realizing that you can't get a Leaf Stone until well after you beat the E4.

R/S/E: I have many moments of stupidity here! Allow me to share!

1) The first time I went through Sapphire: six Pokemon, all of them weak (I.E, Wurmple, Poochyena, Wingull, Taillow, Mudkip, and one other), and at Roxanne I nearly died, but I won thanks to Mudkip.

2) The first time I got the the E4, my team was dreadful. My highest leveled Pokemon was a Blaziken, roughly level 49, and my lowest was a Dustox or Dodrio, one of which was level 39. I restarted.

3) This one is the most painful. I beat the game with four mega-awesome Pokemon that were loved by me (Tropius, Solrock, Swampert, Banette) and I adored them to pieces. So I try the cloning glitch on a few of my other Pokemon. I forget not to deposit any of the Pokemon currently in my party without losing them. Needless to say, Swampert and Solrock were lost in a digital abyss forever D:

4) This is moreso an embarrasing moment. I nicknamed my Pokemon real names instead of cool names. (I named a Tropius WILLIAM)

FR/LG: The most painful moment ever. I'll replay it. I'm training on Route...9 maybe? Anyways, I need maybe 100 EXP left to gain a level for my Haunter. This is what happened.

Me: Hmm, I'll just get into a Wild Battle to level him up! (Runs around in grass)
Game: Wild Oddish appeared.
Me: OMG IT'S A FREAKING SHINY!! I'VE GOT TO CATCH IT!! (Frantically hurries to Bag) WHAT? There's no Poke Balls! I find a shiny Pokemon, and no Poke Balls. WHY???

...worst...moment...ever.

Stupidest thing ever on my Silver game: I thought the Pokerus was an actual game corrupting virus and restarted. ARGH.

I also taught an Ampharos Dynamicpunch and Zap Cannon.

By the end of my Sapphire game, my whole team was VERY low leveled. Like 43. I couldn't even get through Victory Road. I was too lazy to train them, so I Palparked them over to my Diamond and restarted. Never again will they be that weak.

Taught a Mismagius Trick Room. Gah.

It wasn't a huge mistake because it wound being powerful; I made a level 100 Dragonite in Diamond that was all about Special Attack.

(Now I'm working on an Attack Dragonite. It is currently at level 82, and it rocks.)

Stupidest thing ever on my Silver game: I thought the Pokerus was an actual game corrupting virus and restarted. ARGH.

I did this on ruby, thinking this would damage my pokemon rather thean the game.

I always restart the game at least once, because i'm usually underleveled.

Also I frequently had a team that was based around what pokemon could learn HM moves, so that all of them could learn some other moves. (I didn't think about HM slaves or not having the HM's on the party)

Losing scratch for feint on monferno didn't help.

This happened on Ruby and FireRed. Anyway, I catch a regice and trade it to FireRed so I can restart Ruby. Then, I go and restart FierRed about a month later, not noticing that the regice is SHINY. Seriously, I had never seen a non-shiny regice at the time. I was shattered. ;_;

Wild Ho-oh appeared!
Go Butterfree!
Butterfree used Sleep Powder!
Wild Ho-oh fell asleep!
Wild Ho-oh is fast asleep!
Return Butterfree, go Espeon!
Espeon used Psychic!
Wild Ho-oh is fast asleep!
Go Pokeball!
Da nun da nun da nun, *happy music*
Wild Ho-oh was caught!
*GBA power runs out*
EeveeSkitty is sad!
EeveeSkitty uses Rage!

My life sucks even more than the rest of you.

Me: Okay, I'm bored. Since I can start a new game on Pearl and play it for three minutes because of the no saving thing, I'm going to play the beginning of the game.
*turns on Pearl, does all the crap to get your starter*
Game: Wild Starly attacked.
Me: Oh no.
Game: Go! Piplup!
Me: WTF ITS SHINY!!!

What really sucked is I started a new game for fun, and didn't delete my old file cause it owned. AND THE PIPLUP WAS SHINY!!!

I still angst about it today.

Back
Top Bottom