• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Earthbound/MOTHER RP: Signups

Thorne

It's feeding time
A story tells about how the world was slowly being destroyed by a evil, selfish boy known as Porky, who only wished for it's destruction. But as time ran out, a young boy named Lucas, along with his trusted dog and his two friends Duster and Kumatora, saved the world by using a over natural force to recreate the world, and cleansing it of evil in the heart, minds and soul of everything living.

A hundred years later, the world is at peace, and due no evil existing, there is no strife, war or conflict. The most peaceful place being a small village called Tazmily Village, a place bound to the adventures of the boy Lucas and his friends.
But things slowly changed in this village, as rumours of strange beings seen in the forest, reports of angels being seen in the sky at night, and eight kids being blessed with the powers of the legendary hero Lucas..

Rules:
1. All the standard rules goes here, no godmodding, no character controlling, and so one. Mary Sues will be PK fire'd at sight.
2. I'll limit myself to a total of eight RP'ers, including me. so one character a person.
3. If you don't know about MOTHER/Earthbound but want to join anyway, find out everything necessary FIRST.
4. No items
5. Fox only
6. Final Destination

7. Breaking the fourth wall results in instant death, and no "try again" button.
8. If you figure out the plot and plottwists, then shut up.
9. STRIPED SHIRTS ONL-*headshot*
10. Don't assume I'll accept you just because you post and get everything right, your character have to be original.

Character Sheet:
Name: Only first name is required, BECAUSE IT'S EARTHBOUND/MOTHER!

Appearance: How you look, length/weight and stuff like that.

Personality:

Relatives: Family and stuff like tha-*headshot again*

Trademark PSI move: The PSI move unique to your character, such as PK Rockin' for Ness and PK Love for Lucas. Say name and what it looks like and stuff like that.

Favourite Food: BECAUSE IT'S MOTHER/EARTHBOUND!

Biggest Fear: I need to know this, 'kay thanks.

Other: Anything else you'd like to add?

Open Spots:
1. Me/Troy
2. Ambipom/Eric
3. IcySapphire/Maya
4. Flora and Ashes/Flora
5. Skymin/Lucy
6. Kali the Flygon/Kevin
7. Raichao/Kris-Tina

Last edited:
A quick question: Will there be Eight Melodies involved? (either one of the two existing sets or a brand new set of Eight Melodies?)

That'd be spoilers, right?
Also, what the hell people? I'm offline for like, six hours and no one signs up?

No one shows intrest when I brought it up in the idea center, but when you do, every-*shot*

Name: Eric

Appearance: Scrawny, brown hair, brown eyes, orange/blue shirt. Has pimples.

Personality: Funny, likes to good around, big ego, obnoxious and annoying

Relatives: Has a, um, dad, and mom, and brother, and lizard. I honestly don't know what to put here.

Trademark PSI move: PK Art: Several beams of light of every color appear from... wherever PK attacks appear from, and start moving in a pattern to make shapes and objects, most being dangerous. After they've been drawn, they turn real, and attack the foe! Anything from dinosaurs to bombs to monster trucks can appear, so you'll never know what you get.

Favourite Food: Corn Dogs. Mmm.

Biggest Fear: Butterflies and moths, but you can also use the end of the world or natural disasters. Maybe a tornado full of butterflies that destroys the world. I don't know.

Other: ...I turned myself into a MOTHER character. Minus the age, of course.(also I've played and beaten all the games, so i'll now pretty much everything that's going on)

Last edited:
Just give some details on PK Art first, saying the name doesn't say a lot.

Do it and I'll accept you.

Kay, changed it. If it's too cheap I'll change it again, this was the only thing that came to mind.

Okay, might take a crack at this:

Name: Maya

Appearance: Brown hair tied back in a ponytail, green eyes, wiry build. Typically wears a tie-dye shirt, black pants.

Personality: She is very friendly and laid back, and faces both good times and bad with a smile. She is a dreamer, and is always writing stuff down in her lucky electric green notebook, which she calls her Rainbow Log, never mind that it is only one color

Relatives: Mom and Dad

Trademark PSI move: PK Rainbow--she generates a ball of light in her hand and sends it flying at the target, where it is engulfed in a wave of rainbow light (that grows larger the stronger she becomes, so at the start, it's not very big)

Favourite Food: Steak (in keeping with Mother/Earthbound tradition ;-))

Biggest Fear: Being alone in an unfamiliar place

Name: Flora

Appearance: Flora is about five feet, two inches, and weighs about one-hundred-and-ten pounds. She has shoulder-length brown hair (with bangs/fringe/whatever-the-heck-you-weirdoes-call-it) and bright blue eyes. She usually wears a longish dark blue dress.

Personality: Flora is very peppy and hyperactive. She loves to have a good time and play the occasional prank. She also tends to over-dramatize things; for example, she'll most likely tell somebody that her parents hate her, even if that's far from the reality. Additionally, she can get very violent when she's very, very angry.

Relatives: She has a mother and father (that she swears must hate her or something), an older sister (who seems to do everything right), and a younger sister (who annoys her all the time and always seems to get her in trouble), along with four cats.

Trademark PSI move: PK Vine: She forms a ball of green light in her hand and throws it at the enemy; at this point it becomes more of a whip, which she uses to...well, whip her opponents and beat out whatever stress shhe's feeling.

Favourite Food: Pizza.

Biggest Fear: rejection sp-sp-spiders...

Other: N/A

(For a moment there I thought IcySapphire's character was afraid of steak. o.o

Also as you might be able to tell by the family section I'm very, very angry at my family right now. Particularly my mother. -.-)

I gave Maya Steak as her favorite food in keeping with the fact that Ninten and Ness like it, and I used it in my Mother 3 file

You know what? Fuck it, I'm signing up, as it seems to be relatively light on members and will thus me much easier to follow than some other RPs I know *coughTalesofTcodcough* Be warned that how much I'll actually be able to post may vary, and keeping up with RitD takes priority.

Name: Lucy

Appearance: She's biracial: Black/White, to be specific. Her hair is mid-brown, coarse and pulled up into two high bun/ponytails that give her hair a sort of Mickey Mouse look. Her eyes are very dark brown, and her skin is a light Mocha color. She wears a yellow and white striped tanktop and denim shorts with pink tennis shoes. She is roughly 4'02'' and 54 lbs, with a thin but muscular build.

Personality: She's incredibly kind, almost to the point of fault, as she is very sympathetic, even to her enemies, and almost refuses to hurt anyone past a certain degree and never for anything other than self-defense. She's also intelligent and usually pretty quiet, though will occasionally blather about things.

Relatives: Father (Strong, intelligent, kind, and very self-disciplined), mother (Bright and happy, also intelligent, very much a girly-girl, and teases a lot) and dog (Loyal, sweet, intelligent, and adorable)

Trademark PSI move: PK Flare. It's a chargeable attack that comes with Lucy not using PSI for a certain amount of "turns". As she stockpiles her energy, she begins to glow brighter and brighter, which raises her "Physical Attack stat" slightly. At full-charge, she basically becomes a glowing silhouette. Once it's been charged, the glow shoots out from the top of her head and strikes the nearest target. At a low charge, it hits one enemy for moderate damage. At a full charge, it hits for very heavy damage, and causes a "splash" effect on nearby targets.

Favourite Food: Omelets.

Biggest Fear: Abandonment. Also, death.

Other: Based on both myself and the potential kid of my dad and stepmom.

Last edited:
'kay, both of you are accepted, but Skymin you'll have to finish the PSI move before we start.

Last edited:
All right, I'll try this RPG, despite the fact I've never really played EB/Mother

Name: Kevin

Appearance: He's tall for his age, about 5'7", and looks rather skinny, maybe 110 lbs. He has pale skin and short, spiky blond hair, sticking up mainly, as well as blue eyes.

Personality: Kevin's fun-loving and outgoing. He loves competition, playing sports, and hanging out with friends, but he hates school, math especially. He does well tactically, but can be short-sighted, failing to see strategy behind things.

Relatives: Kevin has a mother named Diane, a father named Barry, and a younger brother named Kyle. He also has a family pet, a young Drago, who's been raised like one of the family, and happens to be Kevin's best friend.

Trademark PSI move: PK Dragon - A reddish aura of energy forms around him, taking the shape of a dragon. It then flies out at high speeds at an enemy, exploding upon impact. It does initial damage to the one target, then a smaller 'splash' damage within a certain radius.

Favourite Food: Ice Cream! Especially strawberry and vanilla flavored.

Biggest Fear: Snakes. Ever since he was a young child, he's had a recurring dream, about being constricted and eaten alive by a giant snake, and it scares the hell out of him. It happens maybe once or twice a month, and he'll often wake up screaming in the middle of the night. Now, whenever he sees a snake, he'll usually panic and lose focus.

Other: Naaaah!

'kay accepted as well.

Here's my form by the way:

Name: Troy

Appearance: Troy isn't to short or tall for his age, being pretty much average height. Carrying a deep blue shirt, brown pants and blue shoes. Troy's hair is dark-brown, so dark it's hard to tell if it's black or brown. And around the lenght to the middle of his neck.

Personality:
Troy tend to be serious, but not serious enough to not know how to have fun. He's a quite social person, being quite intelligent.

Relatives:
His mother and a dead father, who died before he was born. They also have a cat.

Trademark PSI move:
PK Blade: Troy creates a arrowlike blast of PSI which he can choose to throw at the enemy or hold, making it work like a sword.

Favourite Food: Curry Chicken

Biggest Fear: Steak Fire

Alright, nice.

I'd liked to add that if you didn't understand it, the battles aren't going to be turn-based, rather more anime-like, like in pretty much every Pokémon RP here.

I gave Maya Steak as her favorite food in keeping with the fact that Ninten and Ness like it, and I used it in my Mother 3 file

Yeah, I know. I just read it wrong and combined Favorite Food with Biggest Fear somehow. o.o

Also XP @MG

Name: Kris-Tina "K.T" Hattersby (silly names FTW!)

Appearance: K.T is short for her age, but is average weight. She has blonde hair pulled back in a low ponytail that rests on her right shoulder, while the front section of her hair sticks out. She wears and purple dress with a white blouse underneath, black shoes, knee-high socks, a black bow-tie and a top hat. (note: I have a picture here, sorry I'm really terrible at describing my own characters! Image here

Personality: K.T is a bubbly person who considers everyone she meets as her friend. She has poor judgement between good and bad people due to the fact that she strongly believes that "you can't judge a book by it's cover". She is very social, but can be seen as quite annoying since she doesn't know when it's the right time to leave someone alone.

Relatives: Juliet Hattersby (Mother), who is a stay-at-home-mum and Frederick Hattersby (Father), who works at the local Inn (assuming that it's still open 100 years later, otherwise he works somewhere else in Tazmilly)

Trademark PSI move: PK Collect- Hundreds of small particles of energy (or PSI, whatever is the right word) combine into a ball about the size of a basketball. It can be fired at one enemy for decent damage, or it can be used like a magnet to draw small items towards K.T (ie. Food). However, the items can only be picked up if they are in a 5m radius from K.T.
Another thing, it requires a lot more energy (PSI power) to use the ball as a magnet, so K.T prefers not to use it like that. This attack also takes a while to charge up completely.

Favourite Food: Roast Chicken.

Biggest Fear: Snails, slugs and other mollusks.

Other: K.T has a strange obsession with hats and wishes to own the biggest hat collection in the world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom