• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Journal for Platinum [SPOILERS]

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
I wasn't sure whether it should go here or in Writing. I decided to put it here. If a mod feels that it belongs elsewhere, then please move it

I will keep this updated with a journal written through the eyes of the trainer in the game. Feel free to critique or join in with your own journal in whatever perspective you want

~~~~~

Journal for Platinum

Entry 1

Date: March 22nd, 2009

Well, Journal, today is my first day as a trainer. HOORAH! Yes, hoorah. You have a problem with it? If so, then my Monferno would just LOVE to see how well you burn, you stupid piece of...

Erm, anyways, today was an exciting day! I became a trainer after Douglas (my childhood friend who REALLY needs to look into Ritalin. Did wonders for me!) dragged me along to search for Professor Rowan. He gave us our first Pokemon. My Chimchar (WHOOT! IT'S A SHE!) WHOOPED Piplup's butt. I indexed the battle and will include it later. After that, we headed to the lake to capture a Mirage Pokemon. While there, we saw a creepy man mumbling something. Hang on, I wrote down what he said on a scrap of paper... Umm... Ah, here it is:

"...The flowing time...
...The expanding space..."

I wonder what he meant? Anyways, he pushed us out of the way, and we heard the Mirage Pokemon. I remember hearing stories about it when I was a kid. The Pokemon, Mesprit, is said to be the Pokemon of Emotion. Touching it would rob you of all emotion. ;.; Poor thing can't get a hug! What if it wanted to cuddle!?

...Sorry about that. Anyways, between then and now, a TON of stuff happened! I caught two Bidoof-doof-doof... Doof-doof-DOOF-doof-do-doof...

...Doof...

...And got a Pokedex. Dawn, a girl I bumped into, taught me some things about being a trainer. My friend, who is currently at the Battle Frontier, already taught me all I need to know, however. Well, except how to open the damned, freaking balls >.>

After that, we met some guy named Looker. For a secret agent, he sure isn't good at keeping who he is a secret. I swear, I would rather trust the offspring of a Murkrow and a Chatot that was retarded with a secret <.<

After that, Douglas wanted to face me again. I indexed his defeat. I rushed to Oreburgh and, after a few troubles, arrived at the Pokemon center. My friend sent me a gift. An Old Amber, which he told me to revive as soon as possible (...The museum owner hates me. Roark already revived a Cranidos, but yet the machine apparently 'isn't ready yet'. Stupid lazy...) and an odd blue egg. I rushed home to show my mother. I then hatched it and got a Manaphy!

I trained that little blue legendary until it was ready for battle with a trainer, then went to look for the gym leader of Oreburgh. I found him and kicked his butt too after having Splash (:3 Splash the Manaphy. Heh) use Tail Glow a few times. The bubbles RIPPED through his team! I got my first badge as a reward. I then rushed off to Floaroma town.

On the way there, I met two bumbling bafoons who called themselves members of a team called Team Galatic. I added their defeat along with Roark's to my battle index. Dawn's poor Turtwig got the crap kicked out of it though while I set up Manaphy for a sweep. Poor thing.

Once I got to Floaroma town, my friend called me and told me of a legend. Apparently, Floaroma Town was once a wasteland until a Pokemon called Shaymin came along. Shaymin purified the air and allowed flowers to bloom. He then told me to get to the Pokemon Center where he promptly traded me the Legendary Shaymin. The little cutie was just too cute to resist snuggling!

...The bastard headbutted me up the escalator and required five men to pin down until I could call it back. Good thing Joy's Chansey knew Softboiled, or else I would be out of commission for awhile while eating Shaymin Salad. I showed the Shaymin to a woman and, after I called it back and convinced her it was safe to come down from the tree, she gave me Gracidea Flowers. Such a nice gift!

Well, that's all for now, Journal. Me and Pyre (oh, she evolved on the way to Oreburgh) need to continue on our journey. We are just too pumped to stop to sleep! :D

...Watch us crash and burn *coughdownEteranForestcough*

Until next time!

Eric

Team at time of writing:

(Manaphy) Splash [Genderless]
Level 14 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Monferno) Pyre [Female]
Level 15 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Bidoof) Bidoof [Male]
Level 4 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Shaymin) Shaymin [Genderless]
Level 50 @ Nothing
Full Health and wanting to kill me for some reason. ;.; What did I do to deserve this!?

Entry 1 Date- March 22nd, 2009

[Prince] Prinplup (M) Lv 16 ~ [Goth] Zubat (M) Lv 13 ~ [Flare] Ponyta (F) Lv 8
I began with nothing. Nothing at all. Now, Roark is probably talking about me, Haru, the one who defeated him on her first shot. With only a Zubat, Piplup and Ponyta.

I remember when I had just left Sandgem town, looking forward to myself. I was with only Prince, level nine. Now, as a Prinplup, he seems more full of himself. But it still doesn’t destroy the three and a half hours where he was a Piplup.

With just him, I had caught my second Pokémon: a Shinx named Lexi. I thought about using her, but tossed her in the PC when I realized how time consuming it was. And after that, I caught a Bidoof as an HM-user, and put him into the storage as well.

And then there was Goth. Goth, the Zubat who had not assisted me in the Rock gym. I don’t care that he fainted in three turns; as a Crobat, he will be useful to me. I know it. At first, he was wimpy and afraid of Starly. But now, because he has Bite, he can deal with anything but Rock and Steel, and maybe Electric. But I haven’t encountered any of them yet.

After catching Goth, I easily defeated my friend, Roy, with my Zubat’s Leech Life and Prince’s Pound. Starly and Turtwing can’t be that hard.

Now, it’s time for me to rest in Jubilife. In the morning, I’ll teach Bidoof Rock Smash and head through the pass on the way to the next town. Who knows where it leads?

Now that I've run out of time, I need to sign out.

-Haru

Lucas' Journal.
March 22, 2009

Houndour carcass in the alley this morning, it had tire tread marks on its burst stomach.

This city is afraid of my Pokemon. They've seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of Grimer. When the drains finally scab over all the Raticate will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their fighting and gambling will foam up around their waists and all the gang members and gym leaders will look up and shout "Save us!" ...and I'll look down and whisper "No."

They've had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men, like my father or Lance. Decent men, who believed in a day's work for a day's pay. Instead they followed in the footsteps of vermin like communists and Team Rocket members and didn't realize those footsteps led off a precipice until it was too late.

Don't tell me they didn't have a choice.

Now the whole world stands on the brink, looking down into bloody hell, all those intellectuals and smooth-talkers, and all of a sudden no one can think of anything to say.

Journal for Platinum

Entry 2

Date: March 23rd, 2009

Yeah, I trucked through Eterna last night. I helped this girl named Cheryl who was afraid of Team Galactic. Don't blame her. After all, idiots are capable of anything >.> Anyways, before I could go there, though, I had to help a little girl whose father was kidnapped by Galactic (See? What did I tell you, Journal? Idiots = Dangerous. Sadly, Social Darwinism is unable to get rid of them, as dumb luck is an evolutionary advantage). I beat the living day lights out of the guard at the door. The freak actually had brains though, and locked me out!

...Before telling me where the other key was, that is. I thought that, after Team Rocket fell to a kid in Kanto 3 years ago, all evil teams would have a guide book with important rules such as, "Do not say who has the key!", "Do not use weak ass Pokemon like Wurmple and Zubat!", and, "All members must have an IQ higher than that of a Magikarp, or else they will be fired on the spot!". I tracked the two guys down and whooped them. The second guy thought he had a chance because the first guy 'tired me out'. Erm, my Manaphy was barely even scratched, and I still had a Monferno in back up, along with a Shaymin filled with pure evil.

After saving the honey man from them (...), I was rewarded with a batch of the sweet stuff. I rushed off in pursuit of Galactic and ended up at the Windworks again, where I began to promptly hand everyone's ass to them. I then go to the back room and saw a weird old man who looked like a researcher and a woman with red hair. The woman called herself Mars, and said that she was a Commander for Team Galactic. I added the battle to my index, but I will still say this:

She was my hardest opponent yet. She managed to take down my Manaphy. If it wasn't for Monferno, then I would have been toast! Sure, I still had Shaymin, but the chance of winning was less than the chance of being mauled by a shrub, so...

She rushed off with the researcher, and the hostage's daughter came rushing in. I left after learning of a Balloon Pokemon that comes once a week. After talking to Looker and updating him, I went through Eterna as stated at the beginning of the entry. When I arrived in Eterna, I was promptly threatened by a Galactic member until they saw that I would tear them apart. I met a woman named Cynthia who gave me Cut. After that, I got the Explorer Kit and dug up a Shield Fossil. I rushed back to Oreburgh and revived Shieldon, putting it in my PC. I also revived the level 20 beast known as Aerodactyl. Let's just say that Aerodactyl tore Gardenia a new one.

I went to the Old Chateau and felt an eerie presence. I went upstairs and found a Subtitute. I also found an Old Gateau (...Wow, such an ORIGINAL name >.>). I saw a TV in one of the rooms... THE THING WAS FUCKING ON! After seeing it was unplugged, I nearly had a heart attack until I saw the Rotom inside. I banged the thing out, pissed at it for scaring me, and captured it. Huh... Rotom backwards is Motor... Interesting...

Anyways, I then slathered trees with honey and collapsed from fatigue. In the morning and for the rest of the day, I went back and forth between trees, capturing Pokemon. I managed to get a Female Combee. I named her Quen. I also caught a Cherubi, but I have decided on getting a Roserade instead.

Until next time!

Eric

Team at time of writing:

(Combee) Quen [Female]
Level 17 @ Nothing
Slightly Injured

(Monferno) Pyre [Female]
Level 22 @ Nothing
Full Health

Level 20 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Aerodactyl) Aero [Male]
Level 20 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Cherubi) Sakura [Female]
Level 7 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Bidoof) Bidoof [Male]
Level 4 @ Nothing
Full Health

PS: I think the Shaymin is stalking me ;.; I see a bush with a pink flower following me around. It growled at me when I walked by ;.;

~~~~~

Yes, despite the Shaymin being Mild, it wanting to kill me will be a running gag until I get the right badge

Entry 2 Date- March 23rd, 2009

[Prince] Prinplup (M) Lv 17 ~ [Goth] Zubat (M) Lv 17 ~ [Sai] Kadabra (M) Lv 16

I accidentally slept in today. The Pokemon center was annoyed that I hadn't left at the promised time, but I managed to get my Bidoof and move north.

I made a lot of progress today. I smashed the rocks at Ravaged Path and headed to Floaroma. On the way, I encountered a bug freak and a pair of twins, as well as some "aroma lady Taylor." I trained Flare on Taylor's Budew, but switched to Goth next; he needed training.

All in all, I made good progress today. Since I want a Glameow really badly, I'm planning on giving Flare for one. But no worries! I'm using my Abra as a replacement. He evolved just an hour or two ago, so he's fit for battle. And when I get that Glameow, I can use her on my team as well. Or maybe I'll go to the Day Care in Solaceon that my mom told me about and breed her with Prince to get a little Glameow kitten. So cute!

I lost against Commander Mars of Team Galactic. What creeps. But it was worth the training; without it, Sai wouldn't have become a Kadabra.

That's really it for me today. A girl wants help with her dad; I was sorry I couldn't help her until tomorrow, but I offered her a bit of the snacks I carried with me. I'm glad I had.

Haru signing out; it's nine-thirty at night and I'm getting tired. This time, Sai's sleeping outside his Poke Ball. He deserves to warm up to me, although he can be stubborn sometimes.

-Haru

Entry 1 (March 23, 2009)

It's about time I wrote in my journal, my second day on the job. That is, of a Trainer, although it isn't much of a job. I tend to say stuff like that sometimes.

As I write this I'm sitting next to two of my Pokemon. One of them is Rex, my Luxio, whom I am petting. (Well that sounded dumb.) He just evolved about ten minutes ago, and I'm proud that he's worked so hard for me. He derserves a bit of a rest, even though he'll probably stay up all night chasing Starly.

My other currently-out-of-its-Poke' Ball is Thorn, my Staravia, who evolved less recently than Rex. It was earlier today, probably sometime around 9:00. It's getting late, but I'm writing this outside the boundaries of Floaroma.

The only complaint I have so far that the grass is a bit itchy. To counter that my scarf is comfortable, and I've been using it as a pillow during resting times.

Kibabat seems to be unusually active, even for a Zubat. He's been flitting about all night, probably looking at the Kricketot around here.

Thorn seems to have a natural fatherly instinct. Whenever I look the least bit unsafe or cold, he shields some of me with his wings (he's not that tall!). Sometimes I start to wish he was female but hey, I have him here.

I'm a bit tired out, so I'll start heading to the Pokemon Center. Goodbye for now, Journal. See you tomorrow.

-Scarlet

Team at Time of Writing

(Snapper) Turtwig [M] - Lv 14
(Thorn) Staravia [M] - Lv 14
(Rex) Luxio [M] - Lv 15
(Isaribi) Psyduck [F] - Lv 15
(Kibabat) Zubat [M] - Lv 15

Journal for Platinum

Entry 3

Date: March 24th, 2009

I nearly lost today. That was my toughest battle yet. I was wrong about Team Galactic. Dead wrong. They really are a serious threat. Let me start from the beginning...

I prepared to raid the Galactic Building in Eterna, getting ready for the attack. After I had enough supplies, I burst in and was ambushed by Looker. He told me to beware of ambushes, but I ignored him and his advice, as I wanted to beat up every grunt in there. I cleared the building out and healed my Pokemon, then I went up to face Jupiter. She was calm, cool, and collected, and it showed in battle.

I will still include the battle in the index, but this was such a harsh battle that it would be a crime not to include it in here. So, here it goes:

I sent out a Pokemon (Carnation the Budew, I believe. I forgot to record that part. But it would make sense, considering what I did next. Oh, by the way, I caught a Budew and trained it before raiding the building). She sent out a Zubat. I quickly switched, due to the huge type disadvantage, and sent out Quen. She was taken out with one Wing Attack.

I called her back, mentally face palming myself for such a stupid mistake. I then sent out Aero. He was raring to go, and I had him use bite. Jupiter made me laugh with what she said next. "How insolent! Take a bite of this, child!". Heh. Aero already took a bite! However, she retaliated with a bite. Anyways, Aero used Bite again, and her Zubat fainted, leaving her with just one Pokemon left. I was getting cocky, though, as what she was about to send out was a demon straight from the bowels of hell.

She sent out Skuntank. I opened with Bite, forgetting about the stupid skunk's dark typing. It replied with Screech, which Aero didn't even hear. Lucky me. Since Aero's only offensive move was Bite (I REALLY need to use that Rock Slide TM soon), I switched in Pyre, who was met with a critical hit Night Slash. Ouch. Pyre, normally a Docile (although very cheeky) Pokemon did not like this one bit, and replied with a Mach Punch as soon as possible.

The punch didn't do much, and was blinded with a Smokescreen for her trouble. I could tell that this would get bad unless I nipped it right away, so I commanded her to use Taunt. However, before she could, the Skuntank belched out a poisonous cloud of gas that Pyre accidentally inhaled. As you can imagine, she was getting PRETTY pissed at this point, so she had quite a few Pokeswears for that Skunk. She held her side in pain shortly afterwards as the poison began to do its thing.

I knew that I couldn't lose her, so I switched out Pyre for Splash. Jupiter had Skuntank use Night Slash, and Splash felt the pain. I had him use Tail Glow as a response. Skuntank used Night Slash again. To top it off, the Taunt faded, so it was free to do whatever. I had Splash use Bubble. It did little damage. Skuntank's Night Slash assault continued, however, and I was forced to use a Potion.

The stupid Skunk used Night Slash again, so I had Splash use Bubble. I did some nasty damage overall, but the damned skunk. ate. a. SITRUS BERRY! After mocking us with its healthy snack, it finished Splash off with another Night Slash. I then sent out Carnation, hoping to get off a Stun Spore. No such luck. He was knocked out before he could even move. Damned, Night Slashing freak...

I sent Aero back out again, realizing that Pyre wasn't unable to outrun Skuntank before. I had him use Scary Face to slow the thing down. Skuntank used Night Slash. Since Bite wouldn't do anything, I resigned myself to sacrificing Aero to make sure that Pyre would last. Sorry pal, but my hand was forced. *Sniff* He kept on trucking right to the end, though. Such an Adamant beast...

I let out Pyre for healing, and Aero saw what was going on. He grinned and braced himself as I used a Pecha Berry on Pyre. Aero was able to take the Night Slash. I then used a Potion on Pyre. Aero was taken out. It was down to this. Me, Pyre, and a revive (the Bidoof gets grouped with the revive. Damned, useless level 4 piece of...) versus the demon Skunktank from the bowels of hell. It was going to be a close one. Who would win?

Pyre ran up to where Aero was previously, and all signs of her normally Docile nature was gone. She was a monkey on a mission to maul for me. She wreathed herself in flame and spun around like a wheel, slamming into the Skunk with her Flame Wheel move. Skuntank responded with Night Slash. Not very effective, sure, but it still had punch. Pyre used Flame Wheel again. Skuntank used Night Slash. Pyre was down to her last few hit points. It was now or never, as Pyre wouldn't have been able to handle a hit even after a revive. I didn't know if Jupiter had a Potion or not, either.

Pyre used Flame Wheel again. It hit. The demonic skunk from the bowels of hell fainted, and Pyre grew to level 23. I slunk to my knees, relieved, and hugged her. She was so happy that, after the hug, she began to dance and spank her butt to mock Jupiter. Jupiter left in a hurry, embarrassed that she lost. Kudos to her, though. That was a tough battle for me.

I rushed out and healed my Pokemon right away. After that, I began to grind. After hours of fruitless attempts to get Carnation to evolve, I gave up and went to face Fantina until I found some berries that he would like. Aero handled Fantina with ease. Oh, I also stopped a Buneary and got a Tuxedo from Mom, along with a Poffin Case from the fan club and some items and berries from some people (five Belue Berries FTW!)

A few other events of note. I got a bike today. Also, Quen evolved and is now a powerful (but slow as hell!) Vespiquen. She keeps on looking at me funny, which worries me... ;.; I should pay more attention to the fact that she has a Naughty nature. I also went through Amity Square. Go to the... Top building from the left entrance, and go left in it. If I recall correctly, the man there was the one that gave me the 5 Belue Berries. I hope he has more tomorrow! Also, Shaymin is still stalking me. ;.; I SAW A SHRUB VISCOUSLY KILL A BIBAREL AND EAT IT! Mild my ASS!

Well, we are worn out, so we are going to rest for a bit before heading back out. Next time, Jupiter, the battle won't be so close. Next time, I will wipe you out.

Until next time!

Eric

Team at time of writing:

(Aerodactyl) Aero [Male]
Level 24 @ Dread Plate
Full Health

Level 21 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Monferno) Pyre [Female]
Level 25 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Budew) Carnation [Male]
Level 20 @ Soothe Bell
Full Health

(Vespiquen) Quen [Female]
Level 17 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Bidoof) Bidoof [Male]
Level 4 @ Nothing
Full Health

Entry 3 Date- March 24rd, 2009

[Prince] Prinplup (M) Lv 21 ~ [Goth] Zubat (M) Lv 21 ~ [Sai] Kadabra (M) Lv 20 ~ [Sakura] Buneary (F) Lv 20@ Soothe Bell

I can't believe my progress today. I got a fourth member of my team, Buneary. I leveled them up a lot.

I even defeated Gardenia, the gym leader of Eterna City. The Badge I got is especially pretty. But then, I defeated Jupiter, the second Galactic commander, with my four-Pokémon team! Her Skuntank was powerful, but I managed to defeat it with my Pokémon's teamwork and love. It just proves how strong love is.

Next, I'm off to Hearthome city. I've heard it's quiet but popular, and has contests. There's also Amity Square, which I might want to check out.

It's getting late, although I have one more thing to say. I put an entry in my journal every day because it satiates my hunger to write, something I normally don't have time for.

Bye!

-Haru

Journal for Platinum

Entry 4

Date: March 25th, 2009

Not much happened today. It was mostly training. I beat my rival again today and got the Defog HM. I also caught a Gible (that bitch put up a fight!). Seriously, I did nigh on nothing today. What? Do you expect every day to be full of excitement!? DO YOU!? Anyways, I am making this journal entry to state that I won't make an entry every day. So there.

Until Next Time,

Eric

Team at time of writing:

Level 26 @ Amulet Coin
Full Health

Level 25 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Monferno) Pyre [Female]
Level 25 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Aerodactyl) Aero [Male]
Level 26 @ Dread Plate
Full Health

(Budew) Carnation [Male]
Level 25 @ Soothe Bell
Full Health

(Bidoof) Bidoof [Male]
Level 4 @ Nothing
Full Health

Lily's Journal - Entry #1: March 25 09

I'm not really much of a journal writer, but I guess it's ok to start now. Today, my friend Gary (his mom named it after some guy in a show who was this stupid trainer Ash's rival because she was freakishly a big fan of him) dragged me though the tall grass outside Twinleaf Town, and then we met up with some Pokemon Professor named Prof. Rowan. I decided to go with Piplup, and named it Shippo, (which got Gary angry since Piplup looks nothing like a Shippo.) and Gary decided to go with teh seriously ugly Turtwig. Then we had a battle, but being the nice person I am, (and not wanting to go though Gary's temper tantrums if he lost) I let him win.

After that, we went to the lake, because of another one of Gary's crazy ideas (What the hell was he thinking when he suggested we catch Mesprit?) but then we didn't have any Pokeballs. And besides, there was this creepy man at the lake. He freaked me out.

My mom made me go to Sandgem to go thank Mr. Oldie (AKA Rowan). He asked me to finish the Pokedex for him, and I seriously freaked out. And told him "no". But WHAT THE HECK. He practically MADE me take the pokedex and finish it. Weirdo. >.>

I went though a tutorial from Mr. Oldie's helper Lucas, which happens to be the name of my meanie cousin >.< But I've already played my share of Pokemon games on my Wii, so I knew how to do everything, so there went a full 5 minutes of my time. I was ALMOST about to beat Gary to Jubilife City, and I lost just because of him! Oh well, I guess it was worth it, because he gave me 5 Pokeballs afterwards!

I used them to catch myself a new Starly, "Happy", a Shinx, "Thunder", a Budew, "Chichi", and a Bidoof, which is my new HM Slave. And then I saw another weirdo, who was SUPPOSED to be a police officer, but stood out too much >.> It was nice of that guy to give me a free Poketch, even tho I was running all over town to get coupons to exchange for one.

Well, it's already 10:30, and this bed in the Pokemon Center is so soft and plushie, so...good night for now!

~Lily

Piplup "Shippo" Lvl 12
Starly "Happy" Lvl 10
Budew "Chichi" Lvl 10
Shinx "Thunder" Lvl 11
Bidoof "HM Slave" Lvl 4

Last edited:
Alxprit's Adventures in the Battle Zone Island
March 27, 2009

Early this morning I connected with my friend Michael and he lent me his team that he had used in the past to defeat the Tower Tycoon Palmer. He says where he lives there is only a Tower. Silly little fool.

So I went over to the Battle Hall first thing. I entered Michael's Latias, hoping that I'd maybe get to make it far in this facility, and perhaps get a commemerative print. Here in the Battle Hall it's one on one matches with the type you choose. Taking a man's advice at the entrance, I started with some types that Latias didn't match up well against. Dark was first, and I made it to Rank 10 before I alternated to bug, with many uneventful matches. I felt invincible, she was creaming everybody in sight!

Then came the Rank 10 bug type. It was a Scyther. It actually managed to outrun Latias, but I thought, "No biggie, I fought a Scizor last battle."
But it was holding a Focus Sash. It used Swords Dance that turn and survived Thunder. Next turn it fainted Latias in one shot with X-Scissor.

Watching Latias faint in front of me, I felt speechless. It wasn't even mine, and I felt so sorry for it. I recalled her and walked out without a word, with only 1 BP out of it.

I crossed the pentagon of facilities over to the Battle Arcade. Maybe my luck would turn around there. Pun intended.
See, every match starts with a roulette. I had no idea what some symbols meant, but eventually I figured red targeted my opponent and blue targeted me. Gray affected the board itself.

Most of the matches were no trouble. There were a few close calls, but none like the fourteenth battle I fought. Oh, it was awful! A Dusknoir managed to confuse my team, and they'd NEVER hit! Just when I thought I had nearly won, the trainer's Purugly survived by a thread and Crunched Michael's Starmie in one hit, leaving me soooo close to victory but losing still. "Just like in the Battle Hall," I thought as I walked out, sad once more.

The Battle Castle was vastly different. Well, both it and the Arcade took away the team's items, but in the Castle nothing is free. I had to earn points from battles (about 25 each battle, depending on how well I did) and use it to heal my teammates. Most of the battles were uneventful, as well. I didn't want three saddening losses in one day, so I left the Castle as soon as I could.

Afterwards I used my homebrewed team, Infernape and Rotom, and scanned the Pokemon Centers for trainers to battle. After cleaning them out, I took it to the Battleground at the Survival Area.
Rotom was able to clean Wake (not Crasher Wake to me) easily, except for Quagsire, but that wasn't much trouble.
Candice obviously fell to Infernape's attacks, mostly Flame Wheel, but on one occasion Flame wheel missed and her Abomasnow led a devestating attack that forced me to bring out Michael's Blaziken to finish up.
Mira was also there, childish as ever. She had some sort of mean team, though! I mean, really, where did she get the time to train her pokemon like that if she wasn't going for the league like me? I had to combine Rotom's Shadow Ball with Infernape's Close Combat to clean her up.
Volkner was also there, but I felt like using Latias, even though the others needed the experience. I'm such a bad person.

Now I'm chillin' in my villa at the Resort Area. I would be partying and getting drunk, but my Mother decided to visit. She likes the table and the TV. She's trying to get me into Contests, but that's not my thing. The other day Gardenia came around and talked to me about Grass/Ghost type pokemon or something. So I turned the Audio Set to something peaceful and wrote this down. More on the Frontier tomorrow.

Current team

Mine: Infernape at level 81
Rotom at level 81

Michael's: Latias at level 100
Blaziken at level 100
Starmie at level 54

HM Slave: Norton's Chatot at level 12 for Flying between the Battle Zone

Last edited:
Journal for Platinum

Entry 5

Date: March 27th, 2009

Well, alot has happened. I have been training and beating up trainers left right and center. I also beat Maylene today. I'm learning more about Team Galatic. They want some sort of ultimate power? Also, thsi man... Cyrus... He said something about reshaping the universe... Could he be leading them? Also, I managed to capture a bunch of Pokemon at the Great Marsh. Let's see here... Two Wooper, a Quagsire, a Bibarel, a Magikarp (Leaping mountains with Splash my ASS!), a Yanma, a Tangela, and a Tropius. Carnation also evolved. YAY!

Sorry, I need to get going now. Dawn got her Pokedex stolen, so I need to help her tear Team Galactic a new one.

Until next time,

Eric

Team at time of writing:

(Aerodactyl) Aero [Male]
Level 30 @ Amulet Coin
Full Health

Level 32 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Roselia) Carnation [Male]
Level 32 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Monferno) Pyre [Female]
Level 30 @ Cheri Berry
Full Health

Level 32 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Bidoof) Bidoof [Male]
Level 4 @ Nothing
Full Health

Entry 4 Date- March 27rd, 2009

[Prince] Prinplup (M) Lv 33 ~ [Vathra] Crobat (M) Lv 32 ~ [Sai] Alakazam (M) Lv 31 ~ [Swift] Buneary (F) Lv 33@ Soothe Bell ~ [Cicada] Scyther (F) Lv 31 ~ [Blackspite] Croagunk (F) Lv 28@ Black Sludge

I'm sorry I didn't write for the past three days. I was so caught up in my work it didn't occur to me! But I had tons of fun and made a huge amount of progress.

Two days ago, I defeated Galactic Commander Jupiter, or at least that's what she called herself. And then, yesterday, I defeated Fantina, the Gym Leader in Hearthome! I'm so excited I'm about to burst.

Today, I made a whole ton of progress. I came from Solaceon to Veilstone, and defeated the Gym Leader there as well. Her name is Maylene, and she uses Fighting-types. Her Lucario was tough. Sometimes, appearances do show the strength inside a Pokemon. I got my Buneary a massage, and then went to Eterna and renamed her, along with my Crobat. I'll still remember how they were called Sakura and Goth respectively.

Just as I'm writing this, I've finished a battle agianst my friend Roy in front of the Pastoria Gym, which is Water-type. I was so psyched when I caught my Croagunk. She had the ability I wanted -- Dry Skin -- and, guess what? When I caught her, she held Black Sludge! I named her Blackspite -- "Black" after the item she's holding, and "spite" because she likes using the move Revenge to turn a battle around.

That's all I have to say now, but I'll write again tomorrow, I promise!

-Haru

Entry 2 (March 27, 2009)

Eek. I've basically abandoned this. I forgot to write in it with all the heated battles! I think I have a lot to write today. And I mean a LOT.

First of all, I caught a Buizel a few days ago. He was an adorable male who was actually slightly feminine, but I don't mind. He's very curious and likes to fight a whole bunch of fights without stopping. He might as well have been a Machop! As a random name that I now officially like, I named him Garah. Garah seems very pleased with the fact that he'll evolve real soon, even though I caught him at level ten. He's already well caught up with the rest of my Pokémon and is a respected team member. Obviously he's made fast friends with my other Water-type, Isaribi, who never seems to be as puzzled as a Psyduck's supposed to be. Too bad she won't evolve until level 33.

I last wrote before I even entered Floaroma. I got the second Gym Badge from Gardenia, the Grass leader, with the help of Kibabat, who has since then evolved twice into Crobat. When he's not out battling, he always acts like I saved him from a volcanic eruption. I don't mind, though; it's nice to have the comfort of a huge Flying Pokémon with you.

I got a Bicycle and Vs. Seeker, and nothing much else. I entered Thorn in a Cool contest, and he won by a lot! His Wing Attack/Quick Attack combo brought him through, along with his terrific "Jump-Jump-Front dancing." Afterwards he got a Red Barrette, which I'm saving for his next Contest.

A lot has happened, really. Snapper evolved into Grotle, and now he has nice cheek spikes and bushes. It may be an awesome Pokémon, but I just have to wait until he becomes Torterra. It's practically a walking hill!

Next thing I can say is that the third Gym, which appears to be Ghost-type, is AWESOME. It's completely Halloween-styled, and I get to go around shooting people with... no, not a gun. The beam of my flashlight! Why do I need a flashlight, you ask? Well, it's because it's PITCH-BLACK in there. Think it sounds awesome? That's the smallest understatement you could ever make. Wait until YOU get to experience it!

I don't really have anything else to say now, except for the fact that the Ghost badge will soon be mine.

By the way, is Fantina French or something?

-Scarlet

Team at Time of Writing

(Snapper) Grotle [M] - Lv 23
(Thorn) Staravia [M] - Lv 23
(Rex) Luxio [M] - Lv 23
(Isaribi) Psyduck [F] - Lv 24
(Kibabat) Crobat [M] - Lv 23
(Garah) Buizel [M] - Lv 23

Jessica's Journal: March 28, 2009
Entry One:

Okay, I actually started about five days ago, but that doesn't matter. I really don't want to get into specifics, so I'll summarize it in about a sentence; beat Xavier (my rival, who's even weirder than my cousin Karin), repeatedly told my cousin Karin "No, I don't want you to lend me your awesome Pokemon," beat up tons of creepy dudes, and beat Oreburgh's gym. Next stop, Eterna!!!

A few minutes ago, I met up with a girl named Cheryl, who wanted me to help her through the forest. So, now, Mr.Wiggles the Grotle, E'clair the Luxio and BIDOOF the Bidoof are gonna assist her and her Chansey. Yay!

Journal for Platinum

Entry 6

Date: March 28th, 2009

Well, alot happened today. I begun with helping Dawn beat up two Galactic thugs. It twas (yes, twas, now stfu you >:() fun :3. She got pissy, though, and with good reason. She even mouthed off Looker (...If you can call her calling him funny bad mouthing >.>), and left. Damn, even when insulting someone (badly), she is overly polite. Anyways, Looker led me to the Galactic Werehouse. The major parts of it were locked off. Bet I get a key after I kick the ass of a grunt :D. Anyways, I at least got fly. I flew around on Tropius. Also, I think Shaymin stalked me o.o;

After that and a few errands, I had to face Douglas. Again. I swear, if he keeps this up, I am going to FORCE FEED HIM RITALIN! >.< Damn, that guy pisses me off sometimes! After that, I kicked Crasher Wake's ass. VERY fun. Of course, I had to grind before hand. It was a little rough, but my team managed to beat him. Pyre evolved during the levelling. I decided not to let her learn Close Combat. I would rather have Mach Punch and its extra PP, myself.

After the battle, we found a Galactic member. The bastard set off a bomb in the Great Marsh! I chased him around a bit, then kicked the ass of his Croagunk. I think I saw that thing go into the Great Marsh before and PLANT THE BOMB! I made sure Pyre showed no mercy. The freak then hobbled off, and before I could catch him, Cynthia came along and gave me some Secret Potion from Cianwood City. Douglas also came along and irritated us a little. I got the Old Charm after helping some Psyduck out, and went to Celectic Town, where I promptly beat the crap out of a bomb happy Galactic.

When I went in the cave, the man that I saw at the lake and Mount Coronet demanded for some information and talked about reforming the universe. He then revealed himself as Cyrus of Team Galactic! The bastard was the one leading those guys the whole time! I decided to teach him a lesson, and had a battle that I WON'T forget. Here, let me recap for anybody reading this:

He sent out a Sneasel after I sent out Aero. Knowing that Ice had the advantage, I switched to Pyre. She was screeched, but that was ok. Mach Punch took care of that Sneasel in one shot. I then sent out Aero again to face his Golbat. Aero used Thunder Fang and missed. Golbat used Bite. Aero used Thunder Fang again and hit this time. Golbat decided to use Super Sonic. Aero used Thunder Fang despite this. Up next was Murkrow. Aero, still confused, Thunder Fanged Murkrow, who ate a Sitrus Berry. It then used Faint Attack. Aero snapped out of confusion and used Thunder Fang one last time, securing me the win. Cyrus then left. I got Surf from Cynthia's Grandmother. I am going to give chase as soon as possible.

One last note. Shaymin finally struck... And cuddled me? Huh. Wake's badge REALLY helped out. Also, I swapped Bidoof for Bibarel

Until next time,

Eric

Team at time of writing:

(Aerodactyl) Aero [Male]
Level 38 @ Amulet Coin
Badly Hurt

(Infernape) Pyre [Female]
Level 38 @ Nothing
Full Health

Level 35 @ Nothing
Full Health

Level 36 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Roselia) Carnation [Male]
Level 36 @ Nothing
Full Health

(Bibarel) Bibarel [Male]
Level 26 @ Nothing
Full Health

Alxprit's Adventures in the Battle Zone island
March 28, 2009

Not as much happened as yesterday. Michael wanted to know how his guys were doing, but I felt like keeping them a while longer. Hehehe...

Anyway, I paid the Battle Castle another visit, and barely made a 14-win streak. I have a lot of Castle Points to spare. Michael says the Brain is the 21st trainer you fight, so I'll finally get to him soon, if I can use those Castle Points the way they should be.
Of course, I also trained Infernape and Rotom at the Battlegroud. I entered and beat up Byron, Leading with Rotom for his Skarmory, and then Close Combating every other member of his team with Infernape. I went to the Center, and before I could enter again, my annoying Rival Fool stopped me from entering and wanted a battle, to show how "strong" he'd gotten.
I beat him without taking any damage.

Both Mira and Candice wanted more of me, so I promptly showed them what I was made of. The only trouble was Froslass, Infernape couldn't get her down in one hit, so I had to have Rotom finish the job.
I'm worried that Rotom is becoming stronger than Infernape. I can't have it that way, I mean, really! Infernape was my first pokemon, and he kicked a lot of butt until Wake's Gym. Then Rotom started showing him up. I think attaching that Exp. Share on Rotom got to his head...

I went and planted some of my berries. It was just to find out how this growing stuff worked. Obviously Michael had a lot of experience with that, he showed me his 500+ Sitrus Berries once. He says they're a convinient healer for out of battle, combined with his Leppa Berries. I'll show him I can grow berries.

When I arrived at my villa at the end of the day, I found a Wall Clock was mysteriously added to the order form. Who put it there?
I feel money has no other purpose than decking out my pad. I've already got bundles of healing items, and I'm always getting more money from the Gym Leaders at the Battleground. Tch.

Anyway, that's what happened today. Tomorrow, I get that Commemerative Print once and for all!

Current Team:

Mine: Infernape at level 82
Rotom at level 82

Blaziken at level 100
Starmie at level 54

Jessica's Journal: March 29, 2009

Well, in the past day, I've accomplished quite a bit! Finally beat Gardenia, and beat some Galactic admin who calls herself Jupiter. Odd...She says Galactic's goal to to rule Sinnoh...Good luck with that...

Today I recieved a strange egg from some girl named Cynthia, and a Vs. Seeker and a "Dowsing Machine" from Lucas. Now to tackle Hearthome!

Team:

Mr.Wiggles: Grotle
Bite
Withdraw
Absorb
Razor Leaf

E'clair: Luxio
Tackle
Bite
Roar
Spark

Alxprit's Adventures in the Battle Zone Island
March 29-30, 2009

This was it. This was the day that I'd rack up the courage to go back to the Battle Castle and win my 21st battle. To get myself pumped, I cleared out the Battleground. (I swear, Candice is stalking me. She's there every day, and when she's not, she's at my villa.)

I even did a little extra training by searching out some random victims - I mean, trainers around the Battle Zone. None of them were quite a challenge, but I couldn't find anybody Infernape could easily sweep. Rotom's going to become too strong, I know it. He's so good against the strongest trainers around here.

I had a strange urge to train a Vespiquen. It came to me last night, so when I give Michael his Pokémon back I'll ask for one. Or perhaps I'll give him another Starmie and keep his... Staryu are easy to find at Canalve with a Super Rod, and I have plenty of Water Stones.

I healed everybody up and headed for the Battle Frontier. The Castle seemed bigger than yesterday.
I entered with my previous 14-win streak on the line. If I lost, that would be it... Darach greeted me, as usual. Despite having to cater to everything I ask him to, he seemed unusally cheery.
First thing off, I wasn't taking any chances. I rented a Sitrus Berry for each of them and headed into battle. Some scrapes were close, but I managed to make it to the 7th round. "No risks", I thought. Darach seemed to get sad when I asked to lower the opponent's levels. Now I believe THAT was a good use of 45 Castle Points... Little did I know...

I entered the room, and Darach followed behind me. That's strange, he always stays behind. Darach signaled to Caitlin, the lady who watched all my battles and told Darach how many Castle Points I was to get. She walked down from the golden throne and stood behind Darach. He then spoke, saying that for my 21st battle, I was to fight the Castle Valet. And then, he suprised me saying that HE was the Castle Valet. Wasn't he a butler?

Caitlin stayed silent. Darach told me that I should be fighting Caitlin, but she can't battle for a reason he wished not to say. Caitlin faced away, I thought it might have been from embarrasment. Then he said "Just because Caitlin won't fight doesn't mean this will be any easier!"

Caitlin turned around for a moment, as Darach bowed, and sent out an Empoleon. I sent out Starmie. I used Thunderbolt to take care of it, but it knew Shadow Claw. Damn dual types... Another Thunderbolt finished it off. He sent out Houndoom, and I used Surf, but it survived using a Focus Sash, and used Crunch. That was it for Starmie... "No biggie, it's only one out of three." I thought.

Blaziken was sent out next. Houndoom used Crunch against it, but Blaziken resisted it easily and used Brick Break to finish it off. Darach sent out Staraptor. It fainted Blaziken with one Aerial Ace! One on one... Oh boy...

Latias was sent out last. It used Double Team, and Latias used Thunder, and it thankfully hit, finishing the battle. So much was going through my head at that moment. What if it missed? What if Latias couldn't touch Staraptor? But it did.

"My Pokémon could not be faulted in any way. My hat's off to you." Darach said when he recalled Staraptor. Caitlin turned around, most likely ashamed of her Valet. She moved back to her throne, and Darach left the area, only to be called back by Caitlin to give me CP. That was redundant.

I saved the battle on my Vs. Recorder. The man at the entrance, dressed in green gave me a commemerative print, with me, Darach, and Caitlyn's images in front of a black and white Castle. "That could be in color if you come back." He said. I left the Castle.

I flew to my villa for some sleep. But something troubled me as I slept. I was way too excited to sleep! To try and release my excitement, I uploaded my video at the Global Terminal at Jubilife. It gave me back the number 84-09867-50715. (Yes, I wrote it down, I didn't remember it.)

I woke up the next morning finding ANOTHER new order added to my order form. I prombtly ordered it, turning out to be a statue of a Pokémon that resembled Glameow. It looks lonely...

I finished up here, I think I take a break from battling for a while and just relax. Maybe get that Vespiquen I mentioned.

Mine: Infernape at level 86
Rotom at level 86

Blaziken at level 100
Starmie at level 54

Zora's Journal
Earth date: March 30, 2009

...When did I get this thing?
Ah well, may as well make use of it.

Now here's one thing I don't get. I defeated that freak Cyrus, caught Giratina AND all three of the lake Pokemon, my highest leveled Pokemon is at seventy-three and I still can't beat Cynthia. Who'da thought she was the champion though... meh.

I don't really have much else to say.

Also, when did my hair change from red to... bluish black? And this hat is a fashion faux pas.

Current team at time of writing:

A female Infernape named Kyirin, level seventy-three
A male Staravia, level seventeen
A male Bibarel, level twenty-seven
Giratina, level fourty-nine
Azelf, named Esaul, level fifty-two
Uxie, named Artemis, level fifty

Note to self: Do some serious level-grinding

~Zora~

Back
Top Bottom