• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Most Overrated & Underrated films ever.

Bombsii

IM ON THE ROAD ON THE ROAD TO VIRIDIAN CITYYYY~
What are the most overrated and underrated movies you've ever seen?

Last edited:
Re: Most Overrated film you've ever seen.

Superhero Movie, I thought it was going to be great. But it wasn't as great as I thought it would be...

I was really disappointed with The Dark Knight because everyone I'd spoken to about it raved about how it was the best thing in the history of ever, but I didn't think it was that great. It was good enough, and it had its moments (I loved the bit with the two boats), but it wasn't as fantastic as everyone had made it out to be.

I also don't think The Godfather's anywhere near as good as everyone seems to think it is (it's no.1 or 2 ever according to imdb), but I was very tired when I watched it and kept mixing the characters up, which probably didn't help.

(also, if this turns into a thread of nothing but HSM-bashing I'll cry, I swear)

Hrm... Well, I think Bee Movie and Chicken Little were really overhyped with merchandise (Chicken Little tissue boxes? Seriously?), but I guess that's not the same as "overrated". So...

In before everyone who says, "Twilight!"

(Also, sorry Dannichu, I just really don't like HSM. I guess I'm just not its target audience 'cause I can't see the appeal. :B)

I thought Epic Movie was going to be amazing.

D:

Star Wars: Phantom Menace.
Its was okay but it killed what star wars was about. Revenge of the Sith was better though.

Jumper. I really liked the premis, that some people had the power to "jump" instantly to different places, but the movie failed at it. A friend of mine overhyped it so before I saw it I was like "OMG JUMPER SOUNDS AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!". The actual movie was more of a "Meh, that's nice".

I would say The Godfather, but I have never got more than halfway through because it is so boring I fall asleep.

Twilight, absolutely.

Just saw it today by force as a matter of fact.
Ugh, never again. ><

But aside from that I'd have to say that the Scary Movie series were a bit overhyped. My friend used to be obsessed and he made me watch them.
...Yeah.

Twilight, absolutely.

Just saw it today by force as a matter of fact.
Ugh, never again. ><

Given the ratings it was given, I'm not sure it's possible for Twilight to be overrated.

Unless you mean by popular rather than critical opinion.

Given the ratings it was given, I'm not sure it's possible for Twilight to be overrated.

Unless you mean by popular rather than critical opinion.
I thought everyone else was using popular opinion.
Eh.

Every parody movie ever.

Seconding Airplane! and the Naked Gun series, and also Monty Python and the Holy Grail (actually pretty much anything by Monty Python) and Shaun of the Dead (and I haven't seen Hot Fuzz, but it seems to fit this).

No one's said Napoleon Dynamite yet?

I also found the Godfather incredibly boring. :[

Reefer Madness. Shit wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I mean, seriously? Wikipedia make it look like the best thing since The Dark Knight, yet all I got was some pot-smokers running people over and shit. And that guy at the end was creepy.

Back
Top Bottom