• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Pt GTS Evolution trick not working!

It worked in D/P, but in Pt, when I tried to put my Pokemon up on the GTS, (like Haunter, Machoke, Rhydon [w/Protector], Porygon [w/Up-Grade], and Scyther [w/Metal Coat], and Electabuzz [w/Electirizer]) and got them down ASAP, they DIDN'T evolve! I need them to evolve so they can help me beat the Elite Four for the first time. Plus, Gengar, Machamp, Rhyperior, Porygon-Z, Scizor, and Electivire are all among my favorite Pokemon. How am I supposed to get them to evolve qithout actually trading them to someone else?!

Perhaps it's reasonable that they FIXED the glitch in Platinum?

Unless you have two DSes and another version, you'll have to find a friend.

That just makes it even harder for me!

I don't think Nintendo goes around thinking "Oh, so we have this glitch in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl where you can evolve Pokémon that require trading without trading. Let's keep it in Pokémon Platinum so that more people can abuse this cheap trick"

M'well, you could always trade them online.

It's fairly simple to find a Haunter for Haunter trade or Machoke for Machoke trade, but to find a Scyther with Metal Coat for a Scyther with Metal Coat trade would be impossible on the GTS because items cannot be requested.

Its a good thing they got it fixed but if its thats much of a problem,
I'd be willing to help you out. Friend code?

I'd help out also; I've got a few I need to evolve, too...

I was too lazy to ask mymsister to trade a Machoke to evolve it; I got a Japanese one off the GTS!

I'd help out also; I've got a few I need to evolve, too...

I was too lazy to ask mymsister to trade a Machoke to evolve it; I got a Japanese one off the GTS!

Finding a reasonable offer on the GTS seems like a HELL of a lot more work to me...

Er. No? Either look for a bit, specifying level groups, or put up your own thing.

Finding a reasonable offer on the GTS seems like a HELL of a lot more work to me...

Yeah, unless you have an army of Eevees like I do. It's a lot easier to get what you want.

But I see your point: I searched for Bidoof just for fun, and they all want unreasonably rare/high leveled Poke's for their Lv 2 Bidoofs.

Darn you, Action Replay.

Actually, it does work. At first I thought it didn't work too and didn't put any thought into it, but I didn't tell my brother and he managed to evolve his Rhydon using the trick.

Guys, I didn't say anything in the thread, but I already traded with 'im. I just sent a PM. Somewhere between his last post and @lex's. x: Just fyi, I prolly should have said something earlier.

Yeah, unless you have an army of Eevees like I do. It's a lot easier to get what you want.

But I see your point: I searched for Bidoof just for fun, and they all want unreasonably rare/high leveled Poke's for their Lv 2 Bidoofs.

Darn you, Action Replay.
What were you expecting? People putting up Bidoof probably are really new to the game. People putting up things rarer than a Bidoof or Starly or Budew probably have more sense.

Course everyone ignored what I said. Oh well, he already traded, so its not like it matters.

What were you expecting? People putting up Bidoof probably are really new to the game. People putting up things rarer than a Bidoof or Starly or Budew probably have more sense.

Yes, but they all want Lv 100 Lugia/Celebi/etc. You can't even ask for them unless you've seen it already (a flaw, in my opinion) so how did that happen?

Anyway, my Eevee got me an obviouly hacked Snorlax, (Lv 4, Immunity ability, from Hoenn, caught in a Master Ball) but it worked for that girl in the Pal Park and it hasn't screwed up my game.

Now for a Monferno hunt.

Back
Top Bottom