• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Remasters and YOU!

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
Are remasters better than the original? Y/N

Y for me; Megadeth (well, Dave) remastering everything up to Risk was a great move. Rust in Peace never sounded crisper. If only Metallica would do the same for their stuff up to Justice.

i can't say. most of the time, i end up buying the remasters unknowingly and think that's how it originally sounded. when i am aware that i have a remaster in my hands, like this loveless remaster i'm listening to now, i still have a hard time discerning the remastered part. (in fact, this remaster almost sounds worse.)

it's a toss-up for me.

If the remastering is significantly better and is good, and if they don't treat it as a new edition with a bunch of bonus tracks stuffed in, then remasters are delicious.

Sometimes they are good, sometimes they are bad. The Led Zeppelin remasters (from Mothership) are really good, and same for The Who. However, I don't like all of those extra tracks. I have the "deluxe edition" of Who's Next by The Who, and while the original album is great, there's like 20 other tracks that I could care less about. When I buy an album, I expect to hear it as the creators intended, with the original music, not all this extra bullshit.

A while ago, I bought an old version of The Offspring's Smash from when it was first release. I heard the remasters were really crappy, so I didn't buy those. Remaster or not, this album sounds pretty horrible. Well, at least I didn't have to peal those annoying stickers off the end of the case.

Back
Top Bottom