• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sprite Ripping?

Diz

Overdosing on placebos
I didn't know where to put this but, this seemed like the best place.

I have absolutely no clue about ripping sprites, but I want some sprites from DP and am too lazy to search for backgrounds (It's for a comic that I want to make -Don't worry, I probably wont put it up on TCoD)

So, what tools would you recommend? and would you please provide links to downloads? do you need special hardware?

As you can see, I am totally clueless about pretty much everything.

Well, I'm pretty sure you need to use an emulator and screencap the sprite. If I were on my regular computer, I'd link you a tool that automatically screencaps and saves for you, but I'm not.
And this is the wrong place (which you probably realize) this is for scripting, like Javascript, etc.

Well, I'm pretty sure you need to use an emulator and screencap the sprite.
That’s extremely inefficient. The real way to do it is to use, or write, a program that rips the data directly from the ROM. How to do this differs depending on the system. The DS has its own filesystem (unlike older Nintendo handhelds), but I don’t know if you can extract the sprites directly from a file explorer or not.

I didn't know where to put this but, this seemed like the best place.

Yeah....Um, there are some tutorials on The Spriters Resource, and they are really out of date, they talk about ripping from the SNES and stuff, but they say something about using a 'Tile Molester'

I was wondering if there is a modern version of that, to rip DP sprites with, and how to do that.

Could you send me said program, and a ROM of Diamond or Pearl, and maybe something that can run that ROM? I have the Visual Boy Advanced..if that plays DS games.

Back
Top Bottom