• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stuck on what to write

Dave Strider

the best coolkid
I've got two idea's for fanfics to write, but i'm not sure which one to write, or if either of them are actully decent whatsoever.

Idea 1: Just a fanfic about trainer traveling round Johto.

Idea 2: Ein Flees to Kanto after the defeat of Cipher. There he meets Giovanni of Team Rocket. He commisions Ein to Create a new breed of Pokémon with the help of the Rocket scientists. More powerful version of shadow pokémon are born. Rocket Pokémon.

Which should I do?

I'd say either could be messed up if not done right, but I'm personally leaning towards Idea 1, if only because I've never played Colosseum.

Methinks we need to be putting up an idea thread, what with all the people asking for idea advice recently.

Anyway, you're a little vague on what you're going for here; the first idea is basically saying, "I'd like to write a 'fic of this genre in this setting," and the second gives the plot hook, but doesn't really give any context to it (e.g. are you going to be exploring this 'fic through the eyes of a trainer in Kanto? A Rocket grunt or executive? And so on).

However, if you're really stuck on what to write, I advise that you do a little bit of both and just see which one you enjoy writing more. After you get a chapter or two in, I think you'll probably start to favor one over the other--so just work on that one, and either come back to the other one later or discard it if it doesn't seem to be working out for you.

Thanks for the advice. I forgot something about the Johto fic. It's told through the eyes of the pokémon. I'll try writing the johto one first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom