• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Competitive team #3

Felidire

Banned
I figured i'd give a Baton Pass team another go, for old time's sake. There's so many things I want to include in this team, but like with most Baton Pass teams, i'm strapped for space. (Particularly substitute, because I distinctly remember random criticals screwing up my stat passing).

--

1. Zapdos; @Leftovers // Modest*
-Discharge
-Light Screen/HP: Grass
-Agility
-Baton Pass

2. Scizor; @Life Orb // Adamant*
-Bullet Punch
-Roost
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass

3. Gliscor; @Leftovers // Bold*
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Sub
-Swords Dance/Sub
-Baton Pass

4. Vaporeon; @Leftovers // Calm*
-Acid Armor
-Surf
-Aqua Ring
-Baton Pass

5. Smeargle; @Shed Shell // Timid*
-Substitute
-Ingrain
-Spore
-Baton Pass

-----
Last place can either be Espeon or Salamence.

6. Salamence; @Life Orb // Adamant*
-Roost
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang (figured it wouldn't need DD with Agi/SD passing, but then again i've never used a mence before).

6. Espeon; @Leftovers // Timid*
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Substitute
-Baton Pass

Salamence is good because it can take a hit, whereas espeon is fragile, but I could theoretically use espeon to soak Special attacks, as well as boost S.Atk for Vappy/Zapdos - and boost S.Def for the rest of the team. It would also be good if I happened to predict a Weezing switch.

What I don't like are 3 of 4 single, same-type Attacks on Espeon/Vaporeon/Zapdos. The latter two can be absorbed, and dark can be switched in on espeon. As long as the Substitutes can take more than one hit, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm assuming that Stealth Rock/Spikes shouldn't be too much of a problem for this team, (if i'm utilizing Ingrain/Aqua Ring/Leftovers all at once). Those three heals should also cover any substitutes I throw out (which I admit I don't have enough of)..

My last concern is I don't have roar on vaporeon; I could probably replace Acid armor with Roar, on Vaporeon; replace Swords dance with Iron Defense, on Scizor; and then replace Stone Edge with Swords Dance, on Gliscor -- But i'd prefer an outside opinion on that.

Cheers for any feedback~

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom