• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Musical's sprite gallery

musical tears

I HEART COWS
ok, i've been spriting for a while, but i'm too much of an idiot to think of taking my sprites from paint and put them on photobucket. and because the sprites were made using paint, they might be a bit blurry, and i'm sorry for that.

here are my recolors:

charmanderwithvaporeoncolors.jpg
charmander with vaporeon colors.

kekleonwithflaaffycolors.jpg
kecleon with flaaffy colors. probably my favorite.

buizelwithroseliacolorsdp.jpg
buizel with roselia colors.

bulbasaurwithsolrockcolors.jpg
bulbasaur with solrock colors. i like this one, too.

giblewithcharizardcolors.jpg
squirtle with ralts colors.

larvitarherracrossrecolor.jpg
larvitar with herracross colors.

golduckcoloredasmeganium.jpg
golduck with meganium colors.

Splices:

ambisol.jpg
abipom and absol splice.

yea...only 1. i would have more, but somehow, paint got deleated along with my other splices...boo hoo.

Lineless:

linelesswingull.jpg

linelesstyphlosion.jpg

linelessskitty.jpg

linelessmawile.jpg

linelessluvdisc.jpg

linelesshorsea.jpg

linelessdratini.jpg

Revamps:

golddratinirevamp.jpg
gold dratini revamp. probably my best.

goldgeorevamp.jpg
gold geodude revamp.

goldmareeprevamp.jpg
gold mareep revamp.

goldsunkernrevamp.jpg
gold sunkern revamp. again, one of my best revamps.

goldumbreonrevamp.jpg
gold shiny umbreon revamp.

goldwobbufettrevamp.jpg
gold wobbbufet revamp.

golddiglettrevamp.jpg
gold diglett revamp.

goldchikoritarevamp.jpg
gold chikorita revamp.

devilsnorunt.jpg
gold nidoran ♂ revamp.

Random:

babyvulpix.jpg
baby vulpix.

linelesscharmanderegg.jpg
lineless charmander egg.

so, those are the sprites i have up on photobucket. also, due to my paint being missing, i will not be able to get to your suggestions right away. i will post when i find it and get to all of your suggested sprites.

They're actually pretty good! As for the blurryness, that would be because you're saving them as jpgs. Saving them as pngs or another image type might help.

how many times do i need to say this...

Recoloring the sprite is not revamping. You have to remake certain parts of the sprite by scratching and completely redo the shading.

As for the rest of the sprites, save as PNG always and try splicing more.

oh...ok, kai. i'll try that the next time i revamp...but just so you know, i'm not the best a scratch spriting or doing my whole new shading thing...i guess you could still consider me amateur or noobish at spriting still.

oh...ok, kai. i'll try that the next time i revamp...but just so you know, i'm not the best a scratch spriting or doing my whole new shading thing...i guess you could still consider me amateur or noobish at spriting still.
No, noobish is when you say that your sprite is the best, and you don't take any advice from anyone because you think that you don't need it. At least you have the capability to take advice.

You don't have to start scratching now, just continue splicing for a while, and when you feel confident enough, try a proper revamp, or try scratching small parts onto a splice. Nobody is an expert instantly.

yea i get what you're trying to say. i guess i'm kinda freaking out cause i want to scratch right now, but my paint got deleted and i can't.

These are really good, especially for a beginner.

I recommend saving as PNG (.png) for your sprites, it's pretty much the best for sprites. Saving as .bmp works, too, but I think they take up more space.

Off topic, I both fear and love the cow. Does that count?

!!

If you accidentally lost paint somehow then this has instructions on how to get it back or download an old version, alternatively you could use the GIMP, which does things paint can't do like transperency or exporting images as GIFs without sacrificing image quality (also it's free!). I highly recommend using GIMP, once you learn how to use it it's actually quite easy to use and understand.

With regards to your sprites, they're quite good (I especially love the Kecleon recolour). I wouldn't mind seeing you try more splices. Start with something easy at first (Charizard/Dragonite or something) or you could use Butterfree's sprite generator.

It really is vitally important that you don't save sprites as JPG/JPEG format because it adds a lot of random pixels to your sprites - something not really desirable in pixel art (JPG/JPEG are better for higher quality images like photos). You should be able to find the option to save as different filetypes under Save As... in paint, GIMP will ask you when you save your image. PNG is best, failing that BMP will do (paint compresses GIFs terribly).

@blastoise - yes, fearing and loving my cow counts, but i have changed my cow to a new one. do you fear new cow? and thank you for recommending saving them as pngs. i think all of them are bmps.

@uv - i like my kecleon, too. on another forum, he's my avatar. i think kecleon is my favorite besides my buizel. i will download GIMP right now. i like how it's better than paint pretty much overall. i use the sprite resource here most of the time instead of pe2k cause of the platinum sprites. thanks for recommending that even though i already use it.

ok, i downloaded gimp, but i have no idea how to make my palette bigger (like where the sprites actually show up and not dissapear. could you tell me how, Uv? it would help me out a lot.

I can't use GIMP. it's way too confusing for me, but on the bright side, i got paint back! WOO! i will now be taking in suggestions.

Last edited:
ok, i downloaded gimp, but i have no idea how to make my palette bigger (like where the sprites actually show up and not dissapear. could you tell me how, Uv? it would help me out a lot.

I don't quite understand what you mean.

ok, here's the dratini/trapinch splice.
trapinchdratinisplice.jpg

zangooseleafeonrecolor.jpg
and here's a zangoose recolored as leafeon. i just did him. do you guys like it?

@uv and Spritemasta3 - just forget about the whole GIMP thing. i'm still using paint cause i got it back. and spritemasta, i'm a girl.

Last edited:
The biggest problem right now is that you're still saving as .JPEG. Either that, or you're saving as .BMP and uploading to Photobucket. Try saving your images as .PNG; your sprites will be much clearer and more professional looking.

yea...i just remembered dratini's ear flaps. :sweatdrop: i forget a lot of stuff...see avatar.

what do you think i should do next? and do you like my zangoose recolor?

arceuscoloredasbulbasaur.png
here's an arceus colored as bulbasaur. and, he's saved as PNG! no blurryness! YAY!

linelessgallade.png
and here's a new lineless gallade.

kecleon_colored_as_nuzleaf185535659.gif
and here's a kecleon with nuzleaf colors.

Last edited:
They are really good, besides the whole jpeg thing. But you should do more splices. Recolors really aren't spriting in my opinion, as it is very simple.

Back
Top Bottom