• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OOC] and that's all there was

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
GENERAL
- low-magic [sub]urban fantasy.
- I am going to try for mindfuck. I have no clue if I'll actually be any good at this, but that is my intention.

APPLICATION
- I hate forms. As such, list a bunch of details about your character; personality, quirks, hobbies, hopes, fears, history, etc. If I get the impression that you have a clear goal in mind, I'll accept it; if I don't, then I'll probably just ask for more details.
- Supernatural abilities are entirely welcome. However, make damn sure it's nothing particularly game-breaking and, if you're going to go with some sort of mythical creature, you'll need to show that you know why the fuck they'd be in a city. Or near a city. Either way.

RULES
- Stick pretty much to what it was you apped. Go for character development, not character derailment. You'll probably get a warning if you're not playing whatever it was you said you would, but if it's really freaking obvious that you have no clue....
- Type coherently. Impeccable grammar isn't a necessity, nor is it expected; a grasp of the shift key and spellcheck is important. I'm not looking for the best prose ever. Just don't suck more than a candiru.
- Common sense roleplay rules apply.

Plot is currently totally secret I guess. There's a plot. You'll probably have to follow it unless the whole party is completely freaking oblivious. But I don't want to share what it is I'm going for just yet, partly because I'll probably adjust bits to match you guys. :(

MAIN THREAD

Last edited:
Lillian Allison is a taxi cab driver in [large city], her hometown, and has been for three years. She has straight, jet black hair that comes down to her shoulders, and her eyes are a bright slate gray. When off duty, she can often be seen wearing T-shirts and jeans. Though rather short and plump, she is not unnaturally so, and does not stand out expressly in a crowd. She is a hard worker who likes a challenge every now and again, and has a degree in the culinary arts from [large city] Community College.

In her spare time, Lillian enjoys walking around town, sketching, and gardening. She has kept in touch with her parents and her younger brother over the years, and they are among the few who have realized that she is, in fact, a wereraven. She shares a small apartment on the east side of town with her ex-boyfriend, Marcus Olsen, with whom she still enjoys living.

When out for a night on the town, she enjoys drinking caipirinhas, eating excessively, and dancing to the oldies. Her favorite color is a pale green, and one is often able to infer this from her wardrobe. She has some experience with the use of firearms, but does not own any weapons.

I was thinking one mostly nocturnally and as dictated by lunar cycles, as traditional werewolves, but with some minor degree of control over transformations, as the ability perhaps to transform occasionally during the day and/or when the moon was not full as by her will.

...Well, why not?
Don't answer that, please.
The moon's most influential in the lives of Men during the night, and it's been previously stated that her therianthropy is strongly related to the moon. Besides that, the night is a mysterious time, and well suited to such... unsociable actions as turning into a bird and perhaps going to eat some roadkill. She'd blend in well with the dark, too, and she wouldn't have much competition from other ravens for her meals at that time of day (or rather, night). (Owls are a different story, of course, but that's not my point.)

Last edited:
How many characters can you have?

Leah is, for the most part, just an ordinary student at her school. She is physically rather small, with short red hair and very round blue eyes. Dressing very plainly in jeans, tee-shirts and light blue hoodies (her favorite color), Leah doesn't seem to have any particular special features and mostly blends in, not that she minds. She has no real interest in school and doesn't pay that much attention, though she does get pretty good grades, enough so as to not get in trouble with her parents. Having moved into her house fairly recently, she has very few friends, which isn't helped by her apparent apathy towards school and all the people in it. Her family moves a lot because of her dad's job and Leah doubts that they will stay in this particular place very long, which is one more made-up reason for her to ignore people. While it seems that she's too bored by people to care about talking to them, it's really just how timid she really is. It's easier to just do things by herself than live in fear of doing something dumb and getting made fun of, which is also the reason why she has never had a boyfriend.

Her mom owns a bookstore, and Leah spends most of her free time hiding in the back storage room of the store, (Which has pretty much become hers) either drawing or trying to learn how to use magic so set things on fire. She isn't particularly good at either; and the latter usually ends up with her getting a bad headache and papers getting charred. She's smart enough not to do that near books themselves or near carpets, but still runs the risk of either getting caught by her mom and getting in a lot of trouble, or setting herself on fire, it's one of her favorite things to do and she doesn't seem to really care about the consequences. When she isn't doing that or something equally stupid, Leah goes on walks to the park, or just anywhere. She can do just about anything she wants, being an only child with a little too-trusting parents.

Wow, it's hard to write a bio without using a form! ^^;

Last edited:
Sounds fine, H-land! AS LONG AS YOU SEEM TO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING OF (^^)⚐

As many as you think you can handle. Please avoid playercest, however.

Is there any particular reason she's an elf?

Why wouldn't her mother object to fire in a bookstore? That'd kind of be an issue.... Also, not currently accepted because I only get a vague idea of the character. :( Elaborate? More notes?

Why wouldn't her mother object to fire in a bookstore? That'd kind of be an issue....

She doesn't actually know and hasn't noticed the carpet, and just assumes Leah is just reading or the like. I suppose that wasn't really well explained..
Okay, the form has been edited.

Last edited:
Gregory James Rohleder is a talkative young man, about twenty-two years old, struggling to make enough money to pay for his small apartment by "working" at a local coffee shop (in actuality, he shows up about half of the time he's supposed to be there; his boss is used to it and just takes away his free coffee, despite whined protests) and circulating the music he writes in his free time (which he has a lot of, considering how much he skips work). His favorite possessions are his guitar (given to him at a young age by his uncle) and a tie-dye bandanna, previously the possession of his late father, which he wears as a headband in order to keep his shoulder-length chestnut hair in check.

He's a deist and often goes on strange tangents about physics that no one cares about (often enough, his speculations don't make any sense but they are a source of amusement for him). He enjoys debating with others about philosophy, religion, and science (despite the fact that he's really not an expert in any of the three) and, upon defeat, will pout and claim that it wasn't really fair in the first place anyways. He's very modest, sometimes to the point of self-degradation. However, he's prone to lying about things (such as why he skipped work or why he couldn't make it to dinner with his mother).

One day, he aspires to be a well-to-do musician with a decent amount of money and a cult following. Specifically. Previously, his goal had been to tour the world along with his father (also a musician), but after his father died under mysterious circumstances, he discarded that dream. Concerning his father's death, he's almost entirely certain it was his mother who caused it, and has never forgiven her (he refuses to look her in the eyes and often ignores her calls).

Concerning his fears, he's totally and completely afraid of nonexistence. He doesn't fear death as much as he fears that there is no existence afterward. He often frets about losing his bandanna (while most of the time it ends up in his pocket, he freaks out upon discovering it's not on his head). He's mildly afraid of spiders, and deathly afraid of perversions of the human body (zombies and the like). Despite this, he's absolutely obsessed with horror movies involving the undead, and often talks about them animatedly without any context.

After graduating from high school, he decided college wasn't important to him and went on a trip of self-discovery. After experimenting with a few substances and people, he decided that music was his calling and immediately joined a band. However, the band ended up going nowhere fast (and ended up getting him in a lot of trouble, including a few months in prison). In the end, he decided he would try to make a living in [setting], which is where his father was last seen. For a while, he went on a search to find information about his father's death, but he found nothing. He gave up after a year and started playing at local venues for cash, to the point where he is relatively well known by the music savvy in [setting].

There is another thing about Gregory: he has an odd ability. With moderate exertion and a significant amount of concentration, he can alter the perception of a single person for a few minutes. So far, he's been able to induce temporary blindness, cause hallucinations (of his choosing), and convince others of imaginary physical sensations, as well inhibit mental capacities and other senses (such as hearing and taste) to a degree. He's not entirely sure where the extent of his powers is, but he knows that it's kind of annoying to use this power and so uses it only when necessary.

Last edited:
Eh, mostly fine. It's a bit low on something about the personality, though. /o/

He leans back in the wire chair, sipping a cafe breve while subtlely watching the pretty lady walking down the street, obliviously chatting away on her cell phone.

"Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Yeah, seriously. I know, I know!"

Just a little closer... now! He mentally jostles the preplaced brick an inch toward the road. She walks right into it, stubbing her toes and lurching forward, sending cell phone and handbag flying. He leaps up, smoothly catching her in his arms.

"Oof!" she grunts, startled.

"There, there! Are you okay, miss?" He fetches her things as she straightens up and brushes off her outfit.

"Ah, yeah! I'm great, thanks to you!" She flashes him a brilliant smile, then inspects her items. "Aw, hung up on my boyfriend, though."

A frown crosses his face, for the smallest time, then it's back to a grin. "Is that so... I'm sorry to hear that. I do hope your day is improved from now on!"

She nods and walks away, and he again takes his seat, nudging the brick back to its position with a thought. The day is young, and there are plenty of other - single - fish in the sea.

Isaac Walters is a rather attractive young man in his twenties... and a total flirt. He'll sweet-talk any lady he can find, romancing them with kind words and flowers he appears to pull out of nowhere. He's not really persistent when he does find a willing woman, though - he prefers the thrill of the hunt to the wooing and dating. Although he's usually not rude, he has gotten his fair share of refusals, and he knows when to take a hint.

Isaac lives in a small apartment, shared with a roommate who rarely leaves his computer. He'd hate to be tied down to a corporate nine-to-five, so he makes his dues as a street performer, playing magic tricks, diaboloing, and juggling. He's very good at these, using his skill in telekinesis. Tossing up a half-dozen scarves, balls, or even eggs wins admiration from small crowds and pays the bills. He's usually found sipping coffee outside, catching girls (literally) with the brick trick, or just lifting skirts when an opportune breeze passes.

Isaac wears an untanned leather vest with long sleeved striped shirts and blue jeans. His tousled brown hair and large blue eyes give his round face a babyish expression. Despite his dress, he's not from the south, having lived in Big City his whole life. He's deathly afraid of the dark and cramped spaces, and embarrassingly to him, still sleeps with a nightlight. He loves wines and steak and many things that are far too expensive for his 'salary', and can't go to too many restaurants in the city anymore, having dined-and-dashed a little much. He doesn't keep in touch with his parents, and his favorite color is dark red.

Last edited:
Trixibell Tralalah Camden (or as the name on his birth certificate says, Dave) is a drag queen living in downdown [setting]. She prefers to be called "Trixi." (also if you haven't quite guessed by now she's pretty much always in drag, except when he's not. also he's a raging HARD GAY).

He's basically a nice guy but can be quite sarcastic and just generally mean if he's in a bad mood. His Trixibell Tralalah persona is way over the top, though. He's quite a stead-fast atheist and is generally a fan of rational thinking. In his free time he likes transvestitism (ofc), oil painting and sketching ducks.

When he was younger his mother thought he was going to grow up to be a builder because he used to sit watching the men working at the construction site across from their house. He didn't want to be a builder, of course. He wanted to be a giraffe.

His favourite drink is sex on the beach (which, incidentally, is his favourite place to have sex). He has lots of friends, though most of them he knows through his drag act at a gay club called Lady Titania's.

also, recently he's been experiencing some really weird things. like, the other day, when he woke up with boobs. and that time he grew an extra toe. that was an odd day. even weirder was when it fell off in the shower. (he tries to forget these incidents because they don't quite "gel" with his world-view.)

Hal Snyder is, or rather was a janitor at Big City High School. He was liked by most of the students and staff, except for a few of the punks that hung around the staircases like a pack of wolves. He was well liked, well paid (for a janitor, at least), and had an all-around decent time in his thirty-seven years working there.

That all went away when those punk stair kids started messing with his shit after school and accidentally snapped his neck.

You see, Hal lives off of fatal injuries. No one's quite sure why. As long as the would-be fatal injuries keep coming, he could theoretically outlive the human race. That doesn't mean he's immortal, though, nor would he even want to be, because while the injuries do just make him healthier, he's not immune to the all-pervasive effects of time on the human body. He can get old, he can starve, he can dehydrate; as long as it's not a stabbing or blunt force trauma, it will kill him (note: a bullet counts as blunt force trauma).

Unrelated to his powers, if you want to call them that, Hal's a fairly likable guy. Not much gets him angry, really, although he does get kind of annoyed at bad jokes and people touching his shit without asking. He's deathly afraid of heights, which even he considers pretty irrational, seeing as even the highest of falls would 'do jack shit to him' as he puts it. Hal isn't a very eloquent man, and he only rarely uses words with more than two syllables.

As for his physical description, he's your average, medium-sized white guy with brown hair and blue eyes. Nothing really remarkable. He has a few scars on his face and feet from various injuries in past jobs. If you're really lucky, he might show you the really big scar in his chest from when he decided to play catch with a German grenade back in the war...

BOTH ARE FINE yes

I'm trying to write the first post, so expect it when it's up. >D

Wow that took a while.

First post is up. It is okay if you are confused and feel free to ask things but there are a lot of things I won't answer. :( ASK ANYWAAAAAAY

Back
Top Bottom