• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My supersplice

kidpixkid

Banned
Check out my siggy to see it. The parts of my supersplice are a Suicune body, a Dragonair head, a shiny Mew tail, Articuno wings, and the evolution of Meowth's feet.

Ok, get ready for some crit:

1.) The wings arn't turned properly,
2.) the feet are terribly placed,
3.) The erased parts are easy to see,
4.) Last: YOU NEED TO HAVE ONE POINT OF LIGHT (imaginary light source hitting it.)

Thumbs Up Man! i like it. really cool, atricuno is one of my fav pkmn 2 can u maybe make me more atricuno spirits?

What's with the top of it being cut off? :/

To be honest, there is very little not wrong with this sprite. You saved it as a .jpg, you did not recolor the parts to the same color scheme, you did not even remotely attempt to splice the parts together in a way that made them look anything like one whole, you rotated parts without changing the shading accordingly, it has only two legs, and it desperately needs some scratching to tie it together. Hell, both of the wings are attached on the same side of the body, a fact that makes me think you must be joking. Please tell me you are.

If not, all this is quite irrelevant to whether or not you personally like it. And where did you get your avatar? Because it is quite dramatically better than your supersplice and I don't see you giving credit for it anywhere.

what do you mean its not awesome butterfre. i cudnt do smthing lik that. dont hate on him just bcuz hes 10, i was 10 once ;_;

The avatar comes from Arkeis, he missed the part that said in bright bold text to give credit.

Please say you like it a little, Dragonfree! Sorry, but it defaults to .jpg, I tried to make them one whole, I tried to recolor things to make them the same color, I don't like shading, the only two legs come from the angle which the sprite is at, and I can't do scratching. I was lazy when I made it and I still think it looks good. And the avatar is also a supersplice in a way, because it was made from parts of more than two other Pokémon as well. I am so angry, I could kill a Rayquaza! And Rayquaza is one of my favorites. Sorry for not giving credit for my okay avatar. It is good, but not as good as my Dragocune. You made me cry, and please say you like it! Please say it's your favorite! Bottom line: Dragocune is truly amazing, even though it was a product of lazy work. *kills Rayquaza*

Last edited:
Sorry for not giving credit for my okay avatar. It is good, but not as good as my Dragocune. You made me cry, and please say you like it! Please say it's your favorite! Bottom line: Dragocune is truly amazing, even though it was a product of lazy work. *kills Rayquaza*

...Please, please tell me you're joking. If you are it really isn't funny, and if you're not, well, sorry, but you're wrong, your Dragocune is basically... bad. It doesn't matter if you 'don't like shading', it needs to have shading to look believable. Scratching isn't really as hard to learn as some people think, so you honestly should try it.

Also, saying "You've made me sad, please say you like it" really doesn't work.

Yah, I have to be honest but I've never even done a splice this bad :/

If you practice though you can probably do better. ^^

We're not trying to make you angry or sad or anything, we're just trying to help, you know. Please don't kill Rayquaza. He never did anything wrong. :(

Nownow guys we were like this when we started, too.

I somewhat "fixed" your Dragocune splice (even though I completely redid it). Would you like me to upload it for you?

I somewhat "fixed" your Dragocune splice (even though I completely redid it). Would you like me to upload it for you?
No. It must fix it for itsself and learn from its mistakes. Otherwise it Isn't it's sprite anymore. if it can even be called that. I know that you only mean the best, Mewtwo, but it has to learn for itsself.

Oh, and kidpixpid, read some SPRITING GUIDES before you decide to try again.

EDIT: This is what his splice should look like.
picture.php

See? No JPEG artifacts, clear anatomy, light source coming from one direction, scratch edits made where necessay and some hard work and effort put into it. This is what your sprite should look like if you are the spriter you think you are.

This is my sprite and mine alone. Claim it as yours and feel my wrath.

Last edited:
Why does everyone always say "Remember when we were like this when we started?" It makes no sense to me at all because regardless of what our ability was, we didn't all beg for someone to say it was good or pretend like it was fine, when it clearly wasn't.

I know I wasn't this bad when I started. I practised till I figured I was good enough to post some sprites, or at least till I joined a real forum anyways. I also never saved as Jpeg.

I know I wasn't this bad when I started. I practised till I figured I was good enough to post some sprites, or at least till I joined a real forum anyways. I also never saved as Jpeg.
^This. Still, though, what bugs me worse than the sprite is the way this guy keeps begging for praise. You don't ask for high marks, you earn them or wait for some newb to come along and think it's the best thing evar.

Back
Top Bottom