• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Messy Team of Not Being What It Is

1. Luftballon

Banned
Pronoun
it
Crobat (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Haze
- Hypnosis

Sleeper/Taunter/Hazer rolled into one. Because everything has SR these days. Taunt, maybe Hypnosis if I'm feeling lucky, and U-Turn out. Focus Sash so I can come back later against some stat-booster and *fastest-Haze-in-the-game-iirc*.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/6 SAtk/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Baton Pass / U-Turn
- Charge Beam / Substitute / Grass Knot / Energy Ball / Seed Bomb

Here I have Stealth Rock. (Don't ask why Celebi gets it.) Have Charge Beam to BP, but I'm thinking of using Substitute instead, but that leaves it vulnerable to Taunt. Taunt should be Taunted, though (see above). If I were to use Seed Bomb, I'd give it Jolly and put the extra EV's in Attack.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam / HP Electric
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

Pseudoboltbeam + CM, and Moonlight for recovery... CM helps take special hits, too.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/160 Def/32 Spd/76 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt / Cosmic Power

For some reason, this is the 'Wish Support' EV's and nature. Wish for recovery; T-Wave paralyzes and leaves them vulnerable to the next couple. Flinchax annoys the hell out of people. I used to have Cosmic Power on this.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Surf

Standard Offensive CM with Leftovers, feigns Defensive CM. Dragon + Water needs more usage. For some reason, people like to switch Heatran in to this and get nailed by +2 Surf.

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Brick Break

Don't ask. Tends to get use as death fodder to give Jirachi safe switch-ins. Closest thing I have to a revenge killer.

My current trend is to Taunt, U-Turn and SR, switch to Jirachi and T-Wave everything that doesn't get out, and flinch stuff to death, get KO'd, switch out to Latias, CM a bit, and sweep.

I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but I just wanted to mention that I put stealth rock on my Jirachi, it could also get reflect or light screen I think.

I'd put stealth rock on a pokemon that i'd use before switching in Celebi. I wouldn't recomment U-Turn on celebi because people throw in fire/flying/bug; whereas stealth rock fucks all three of those types up, but celebi won't get stealth rock up before they switch one in. Charge Beam should surprise taunters such as Honchkrow/Gyrardos, so it might not be so bad(but it definately won't kill them on the first hit, even gyarados would only take about 160/300 damage, so 50% damage for a x4 weakness).

I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but I just wanted to mention that I put stealth rock on my Jirachi, it could also get reflect or light screen I think.

SR, maybe, but what should I put reflect or light screen over?

I'd put stealth rock on a pokemon that i'd use before switching in Celebi.

What?

I wouldn't recomment U-Turn on celebi because people throw in fire/flying/bug; whereas stealth rock fucks all three of those types up, but celebi won't get stealth rock up before they switch one in.

Well, yes, but the point is to get SR up on the turn they switch to a counter, and it's hard to taunt when taunted. Admittedly, if the other person switches to a taunter as soon as they get taunted, I get screwed, but how many taunters do you see on a team? One? Zero?

Charge Beam should surprise taunters such as Honchkrow/Gyrardos, so it might not be so bad(but it definately won't kill them on the first hit, even gyarados would only take about 160/300 damage, so 50% damage for a x4 weakness).

Charge Beam is really only there as something to Pass. And the only ground-type Taunt + Pursuit users aren't very common: Pupitar, Larvitar.

SR, maybe, but what should I put reflect or light screen over?
I was in a rush, but any of the last three moves would be fine. It's your team, you have to set it up according to how you play. Reflect/LS is just another move which could acompany Wish as a support pokemon.

Turn 1. Wish,
Turn 2. Reflect/Light Screen,
Turn 3. Wish,
Turn 4. Switch pokemon

Something like that; if it's not your style, then disregard my suggestions.

I'd put stealth rock on a pokemon that i'd use before switching in Celebi.
What?

Well say you're switching from Jirachi to Celebi. - You pop Stealth Rock, -then- you switch to celebi, -then- the opponent has to risk taking the damage. Being a pokemon that attracts the three major rock-weaknesses, I think it would be more effective to get SR up before throwing celebi in.

It also gives the Celebi a free turn to do what you like on the move that they switch, as opposed to the opponent switching in a counter, you using stealth rock on the same turn (doing no damage) then getting forced to switch out.

Well, yes, but the point is to get SR up on the turn they switch to a counter, and it's hard to taunt when taunted. Admittedly, if the other person switches to a taunter as soon as they get taunted, I get screwed, but how many taunters do you see on a team? One? Zero?

I don't have a clue what you're talking about.. But getting Stealth Rock active after they've switched in a rock-type weakness seems kinda counter-productive to me.. Taunt doesn't really matter, you don't have a heavy baton-pass team so if they taunt you, then you just change pokemon.

Charge Beam is really only there as something to Pass. And the only ground-type Taunt + Pursuit users aren't very common: Pupitar, Larvitar.
I was just pointing out that Charge Beam won't leave any noticable damage, even on pokemon with a x2 weakness. Your Celebi, on the other hand, (Who has very little in the way of recovery, and no support in the form of damage-reduction) will be taking a fair bit of damage.

Well say you're switching from Jirachi to Celebi. - You pop Stealth Rock, -then- you switch to celebi, -then- the opponent has to risk taking the damage. Being a pokemon that attracts the three major rock-weaknesses, I think it would be more effective to get SR up before throwing celebi in.

I just put SR on Jirachi because this makes an amaing amount of sense, though Jirachi does attract the occasional fire-type, too.

It also gives the Celebi a free turn to do what you like on the move that they switch, as opposed to the opponent switching in a counter, you using stealth rock on the same turn (doing no damage) then getting forced to switch out.

Do you have any suggestions as to what Celebi would do on that turn?

I was just pointing out that Charge Beam won't leave any noticable damage, even on pokemon with a x2 weakness. Your Celebi, on the other hand, (Who has very little in the way of recovery, and no support in the form of damage-reduction) will be taking a fair bit of damage.

Eh, I think that can be replaced with Recover. Though in that case, I may as well replace Baton Pass (which was really just dead weight there anyway) with ancientpower or or hp rock. Or I could run a weird ancientpower + hp ground Just Because.

Do you have any suggestions as to what Celebi would do on that turn?
I have -no- idea. ,xD
If it were me though, I'd either do 1 of 3 things.

1. Swords Dance, take a Super Effective hit and Baton Pass it out.
2. Calm Mind(If Reflect was active), then either sweep or Baton Pass it out.
3. Blindly throw leech seed on the turn they switch, then predict their attack (If you expect fire, throw in latias; if you expect bug, throw in crobat; if you expect flying, throw in.. something). ,,xD

I'd definately go with the 3rd method, it keeps them having to switch pokemon.

Eh, I think that can be replaced with Recover. Though in that case, I may as well replace Baton Pass (which was really just dead weight there anyway) with ancientpower or or hp rock. Or I could run a weird ancientpower + hp ground Just Because.

I wouldn't rely on Ancientpower, it only has a 10% proc rate for stats, and it's fairly weak. I suggest looking at Leaf Storm, Earth Power and Thunderwave - they're all interesting surprises. If your opponent is running a fast sweeper team, thunderwave + Stealth Rock can really screw them up, especially if you drop Thunderwave on the turn they switch in their counter.

Back
Top Bottom