• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Post your in-game teams here!

Seeing that I sold my Diamond to get enough money to preorder Platinum, I suppose I'll post my old team.

Infernape
Quiet Nature
Flamethrower/Fire blast(Don't remember)
Close Combat
Brick Break
Don't remember last move.

Roserade
Serious nature
Grass Knot
Sludge bomb
GrassWhistle
and something more I don't remember

Drifblim
Serious nature
Explosion
Shadow Ball
Fly
ANOTHER move I don't remember

Lucario
Impish nature
Aura Sphere
Sword Dance
Close Combat
something I don't remember

Weavile
Serious Nature
Avalanche
Shadow Claw
Night Slash
False Swipe

Uxie
Timid Nature
Extrasensory
Yawn
Light Screen
Future Sight

I'd never beat Cynthia if it wasn't for my ultraspeed Uxie and exploding Drifblim. :V

From what I can remember, my pearl team was

Lucario
Lilo Lv.53 @nothing
Swords dance
Foresight
Close combat
Rock Slide

Luxray
Sphinx Lv.52 @nothing
Crunch
Thunder Fang
can't remember
can't remember

Roserade
Rose Lv.55 @nothing
Sludge bomb
Petal Dance
something
something

Azelf
Azure Lv.58 @nothing
Nasty plot
Flamethrower
Psychic
Thunderbolt

Raichu
Zappo Lv.60 @nothing
Thunderbolt
Substitute
Focus Punch
Grass Knot

Empoleon
Pingu Lv.66 @nothing
Surf
Ice beam
Drill peck
That Rock/Ground-type Spikes move (dunno name)
I haven't played Pearl in ages, I can't remember where I last put it XD

current Platinum team (no levels or natures because I'm too lazy to go check the game):

[Icewater] Empoleon (M)
Surf
Waterfall
Brine
Strength (just 'cause)

[April] Houndoom-f (F)
Flamethrower
Fire Fang
Bite
Crunch

[Leafpool] Leafeon (F)
Magical Leaf
Giga Drain
Bite
Quick Attack

[Stormblade] Scyther (M)
X-Scissor
False Swipe
Slash
Night Slash

[Lightning] Pikachu-f (F) @ Light Ball
Thunderbolt
Discharge
Thunder Wave
Quick Attack

[Minuit] Noctowl (F)
Air Slash
Extrasensory
Hypnosis
Fly

It's all in-game, so I don't bother with real competitive teams. Maybe that's why I don't get past like 25 battles in the Battle Arcade.

Well I have about 12 teams and I alternate; my main one used to be:
Togekiss, Garchomp, Sceptile, Heracross, Suicune, Umbreon.

At the moment, my main team is:

NinetalesVulpecular;
Lv.100; @Leftovers // Timid*
-Hypnosis
-Energy Ball
-Flamethrower
-Nasty Plot

197-m.png
V-Jolt;
Lv.100; @Leftovers // Careful*
-Quick Attack
-Curse
-Moonlight
-Payback

AlakazamMurrain;
Lv.100; @Choice Scarf // Modest*
-Shadow ball
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball

LeafeonAcerbic;
Lv.100; @Choice Scarf // Adamant*
-Aerial Ace
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Iron Tail

MewTremos;
Lv.100; @Choice Scarf // Jolly*
-U-Turn
-Ice Punch
-Explosion
-Earthquake

WeavileEmeriss;
Lv.100; @Focus Sash // Jolly*
-Ice Punch
-Aerial Ace
-Brick Break
-Night Slash

That Rock/Ground-type Spikes move (dunno name)

Stealth Rock.

My team was one Torterra. That's it. It had Razor Leaf, Crunch, Earthquake, and, uhh... something else. Probably Leaf Storm
Managed to get through the whole game with it. You'd be suprised how overleveled it is when you fight every trainer once. It was probably in the high 60s-mid 70s by the Elite Four. I forgot if it held anything. Maybe a Miracle Seed.

For Platinum, I had one Infernape and one Rotom, both at about 60. Infernape knew Return, Flame Wheel, Mach Punch, and Close Combat. Rotom had Discharge, Shadow Ball, Swift, and Confuse Ray. They both held an Amulet Coin and a Luck Incence respectively.

Ahaha, this isn't exactly what I meant when I said that in the other thread... x: But okay, why not?..
This is my growing hybrid ingame/sort of competetive maybe someday team, so far only four are complete. I'm trying to decide what else my team needs, and it doesn't help much that I want to keep going with this blue theme.
All EV trained, they're pretty much all Smogon movesets/EV spreads modified to be more ingame friendly. Items suck because this is my first frontier team so of course I don't have the BP to get any of that fancy stuff yet. Most facilities don't let you use held items anyway though, so I'm getting EV training items first.

472_1.png

Bonnie ♀
Jolly Lv 51 @ Razor Claw
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Roost
-Cross Poison

My first success at PRNG-abusing to make a shiny (turns out I just had the last two digits of my SID flipped, so the results were skewed). I bred Cross Poison onto her mostly for novelty coolness, and it offers a little more type coverage than Stone Edge would have.
Named after the daughter in Gone With The Wind. My classmates thought I liked that movie way more than what was healthy.

azelf
Tsuchiya
Hasty Lv 52 @ Wise Glasses
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
-Psychic
-Nasty Plot

I really lucked out on this one. First try for Azelf on Platinum, no nature-Synchronizer used. The -Def of its nature kind of sucks, but it has a perfect 31 IVs in SpA. Here, Smogon's recommended Grass Knot was replaced with Energy Ball, since this is more for ingame use I don't run into as many heavyweights and Energy Ball has more consistent damage.
Named after Ruka Tsuchiya from Revolutionary Girl Utena. It's a tradition of mine to name the three sprites after Utena, Ruka and Juri in some way, shape or form, because their heads match their hair.

froslass
Sayori ♀
Timid Lv 51 @ nothing yet
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Trick

I'm going to replace Trick with some other Psychic move, since a lot of ingame stuff aren't holding items to switch, and it's perfectly useless in the Battle Frontier. If I ever go competitive with Sayori I'll just tutor Trick back on. I might give Tsuchiya's Wise Glasses to her, since she needs more help in that department than it does.
Named after the heroine in the visual novel Yo-Jin-Bo ~ The Bodyguards.

lucario
Ittosai ♂
Lonely Lv 51 @ nothing yet
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Close Combat
-Swords Dance
-Crunch
-ExtremeSpeed

Based on Smogon's "anti-lead" moveset. Here, I replaced their Counter (and recommended 0 Def IV, since I'm not using Counter; in fact he has great Def IVs instead, but that was on accident) with Swords Dance, mostly for namesake novelty.
He is named after another Yo-Jin-Bo character, Ittosai Tatsunami, a ronin. I figured Swords Dance was very fitting.

Back
Top Bottom