• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How you make money.

Pronoun
they
If you're out of money and need to buy something or if you just want to get heaps of money where do you get it?

Defeating the E4 again and again with a Pokemon holding the Amulet Coin works but can get repetitive.

Sometimes I like training against the Rich Couple outside the Pokemon Mansion...the lady gives me 14,400 I think and the man 8,640 both with the Amulet Coin plus they're pretty low level Pokemon...45 and 27 at highest I think. And if you faint or get hurt you can heal in the mansion which is a few steps away.

Yeah I pretty much just used to farm the E4 over and over again.
It's repetitive, but you have to do it if you want to level pokemon holding exp share, so it's kinda two birds with one stone. Most of that money goes towards Poke-drugs, but if you don't spend it, it builds up to 999,999 in no time.

I also use the E4 as a money making machine. However I'm pretty cheap, so I don't usually buy items unless I really have to. ^_^

Money cheat with action replay
However if I'm on a game that I don't have cheats for, I defeat the E4 a million times or sell any useless crap I happen to have in my bag

I usually keep heaps of nuggets/star pieces in my bag because I keep forgetting to sell them. If those run out, I sell all the items I don't need, then go around abusing the VS Seeker.

In FR/LG it's always nice to take advantage of the Nugget Bridge trick. Pretty much, you beat the first five trainers on the bridge, deposit all of you Pokemon and take out an incredibly weak Pokemon. Then fight the last trainer over and over again, hopefully losing each time. At the beginning of every battle vs. him, he gives you a Nugget, so if you repetitively lose to him, you can get a ton of Nuggets.

In DP I face the trainers outside of the mansion. When I'm leveling up my weaker Pokemon, I give them the Amulet coin and face them. Two birds with one stone.

Otherwise, E4 most definitely.

^ Ah yes, I did the trick in Fr/Lg but then I couldn't transfer money :(

Sure I could but Proteins and things but I wouldn't be able to sell it without feeling quite bad.

I just go to the battleground, hotel restaurant, and go vs seeker spamming.

Plus the underground gives out worthless items to sell....wish I could sell spheres for money, they'd be out of my hair too.

I turned on Platinum this morning, looked at the trainer status in the save window, and suddenly realized, "Hey; I've got well over 900,000 poke-moneys". I've only fought the E4 once, actually; most of the money comes from the Trainer Cafe on Valor Lakefront, the Battleground, occasional Vs Seeker re-battles, Pokecenter battles, and just plain not doing anything with it all, really.

As about twenty other people have already said, I use the Elite Four. I have a team of four level 100s, so I can stomp the E4 with them and equip some Exp. Shares to the Pokemon that lag behind on my main team. And all the 100s have Amulet Coins. :O

I use the E4 occasionally, but I tend to not like going through that unless I want to or I'm really low on money. I usually go around with an Amulet Coin and the VS Seeker and sell things I don't need.

I tend to hold onto nuggets and other such sellables until I need the money. It's actually kind of smart, since trainers can't take those away when you lose.

I tend to supercede my need for money... But rematching trainers with the Vs. Seeker works for me, I'm too lazy to fight the entire Elite Four again.

Guys.
Two rich guys over at the Pokemon Mansion give out 24,400 each with the amulet coin in Platinum if you fight them a lot (by that I mean making them stronger via VS Seeker).
A lot faster than beating a team of five for only a little more.

Back
Top Bottom