• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Platinum Battle Tower Team

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
Yeah. I'm trying to build a team for the battle tower in Pt, and I think I need some help with it x_x I'm having issues selecting a third member, so anything anyone thinks would be better than the one I currently have would be nice.

Togekiss (M) @ King's Rock
Serene Grace
Modest
252 Spd/252 SpAtk/6 HP
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
-Roost

A pretty good lead/sweeper. It's not what I usually use my Togekiss(es..?) for, but effective.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold
252 SpDef/252 Def/6 SpAtk
-Wish
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Acid Armour/Signal Beam

This thing is an amazing wall. I stalled Palmer's Milotic to death, and took out his Dragonite and Rhyperior with one just like this in Pearl.

Whiscach (F) @ Muscle Band
Anticipation
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
-Earthquake
-Surf
-Spark/Rest
-Zen Headbutt/Sleep Talk

Now this last guy I'm not sure about... Someone recommended I try one out, but I dunno how well it'd work. Resttalking might work well, but Spark is kind of amusing.

Oh, it's just for normal Battle Tower play, but if it proves good enough I may take it over to the WiFi rooms...

It looks pretty good, but since this is for Battle Tower, you might want something with Sturdy somewhere.

If you go for WiFi Battle Tower, make sure you have a Pokemon with Fire Fang.

Yeah. I'm trying to build a team for the battle tower in Pt, and I think I need some help with it x_x I'm having issues selecting a third member, so anything anyone thinks would be better than the one I currently have would be nice.

Togekiss (M) @ King's Rock
Serene Grace
Modest
252 Spd/252 SpAtk/6 HP
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
-Roost

A pretty good lead/sweeper. It's not what I usually use my Togekiss(es..?) for, but effective.

Works. Somewhat difficult to use against faster opponents, however.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold
252 SpDef/252 Def/6 SpAtk
-Wish
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Acid Armour/Signal Beam

This thing is an amazing wall. I stalled Palmer's Milotic to death, and took out his Dragonite and Rhyperior with one just like this in Pearl.
I'd opt Toxic for the fourth slot. It'll let you beat other water-types that don't carry it more easily.

Whiscach (F) @ Muscle Band
Anticipation
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
-Earthquake
-Surf
-Spark/Rest
-Zen Headbutt/Sleep Talk

Now this last guy I'm not sure about... Someone recommended I try one out, but I dunno how well it'd work. Resttalking might work well, but Spark is kind of amusing.

Spark is more for novelty, Stone Edge would be better. You're better off using Aqua Tail as a water move since you've basically neutered its SpA and you have Vaporeon; meaning you should treat Whiscash as more of a ground-type. That said, Swampert (in particular), Gastrodon, and Quagsire all have a nudge-up on him as a Water/Ground.

Works. Somewhat difficult to use against faster opponents, however.
It should be fine, i've been running the exact same Togekiss build for over a year(as a starter on my ex-main team). Roost really compliments it's more than reliable defenses.

Yeah, Aqua Tail or waterfall would both make a better selection over Surf.
I'd consider teaching it Magnitude > Earthquake, just for shits and giggles (but don't do that if it already knows EQ).

Back
Top Bottom