• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt My pathetic team. xD

Lollicat

The speling qeen
Alright, my team hereby sucks. :< So that's why I'm here; I need someone to pick through every aspect of my poorly trained team, and tell me what I should fix so that it's a better team. I usually use this team for battling friends. I almost always go for double battles. And I put the nicknames in there just for fun. ;3

[Chikita / MEGANIUM / Miracle Seed]
Overgrow / Serious
-Synthesis
-Razor Leaf
-Light Screen
-Toxic
Chikita's at the lead for setting up a tough opponent. She (yeah, I actually got a female xD ) uses Light Screen to back up Splash, my Floatzel, then Toxic just in case. By now I withdraw her for a better type matchup, and Razor Leaf and Synthesis are there in case everyone else is knocked out and Chikita's the last hope I've got.

[Splash / FLOATZEL / Splash Plate]
Swift Swim / Relaxed
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Surf
-Brine
Splash--uh, Floatzel--is pretty much on my team for backup. He's got terrible special defense, but that's why I send out Chikita (Meganium) for the Light Screen. Usually I only send him out if there's a tough fire-type, though.

[Tornador / GARCHOMP / Dragon Fang]
Sand Veil / Timid
-Dragon Rush
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
-Dig
Despite Tornador's ability, I raised him to have good attack and special attack, so Tornador is mostly a sweeper. The Dragon Fang enhances Dragon Rush and Dragon Claw, and dig is for tough situations, to try and use up the foe's PP. Tornador has super speed~ xD

[Skittles / STARAPTOR / Shell Bell]
Intimidate / Relaxed
-Fly
-Close Combat
-Aerial Ace
-Steel Wing
Skittles here is a sweeper too. She uses Fly in most cases, to whittle down PP as well as health, and Aerial Ace is to finish them off without the use of two turns. As Skittles focuses on Attack, not Defense, the Shell Bell should give her a little HP almost every turn. Skittles can also be used on a fast sweeper, as she has great speed. If you pick at Skittles, tell me what I should replace with Steel Wing, because I feel like it just takes up space.

[Sparky / LUXRAY / Magnet]
Intimidate / Lax
-Thunder Fang
-Crunch
-Charge Beam
-Discharge
Sparky needs serious work on his moves. His stats are awesome, but I only use Discharge. Sparky is ALWAYS paired up with Tornador, my Garchomp, because if I need to use Discharge, it won't hurt him. Help me on the moves, though. ;o;

[DARKRAI / Dread Plate]
Bad Dreams / Bashful
-Dark Void
-Dark Pulse
-Shadow Ball
-Dream Eater
Darkrai is my annoyance. He's fast, and I always start off with Dark Void. He's not so much of a sweeper, but if he's got another Pokemon with him, he can easily whittle down health with his ability. His speed is awesome, too, which provides an easy advantage. Usually I use Dark Void, then follow up with Dark Pulse. When Darkrai starts getting into the yellowish area for HP, I start using Dream Eater to help him.

Now go pick my team until they're little shreds of awesomeness D<

Pm me your friend code...i wanna record a battle and study it...i can help but im better seeing first hand and now platinum has this vs recorder doo hickey

myne is... 3523-8560-7187

thats my platinum friend code..battle me right now :)

I'm assuming this is the Uber environment?

[Chikita / MEGANIUM / Miracle Seed]
Overgrow / Serious
-Synthesis
-Razor Leaf
-Light Screen
-Toxic
Chikita's at the lead for setting up a tough opponent. She (yeah, I actually got a female xD ) uses Light Screen to back up Splash, my Floatzel, then Toxic just in case. By now I withdraw her for a better type matchup, and Razor Leaf and Synthesis are there in case everyone else is knocked out and Chikita's the last hope I've got.

Razor Leaf is horrible. Replace it with Grass Knot or Energy Ball or anything really. Get rid of Miracle Seed, and replace it with Leftovers. Meganium is best as a defensive Pokemon, so everything else is decent. Consider Aromatherapy as an option - it's nice to have a way to cure your whole team of status. Bold is a much better nature than Serious, but if you don't have any choice, Serious is... better than some options.

[Splash / FLOATZEL / Splash Plate]
Swift Swim / Relaxed
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Surf
-Brine
Splash--uh, Floatzel--is pretty much on my team for backup. He's got terrible special defense, but that's why I send out Chikita (Meganium) for the Light Screen. Usually I only send him out if there's a tough fire-type, though.

Get Rain Dance. You want to abuse Swift Swim. Floatzel can be pretty potent, actually; you just need to use him right. Waterfall and Crunch are good, but Brine and Surf need to go; his attack is better than his special attack. Ice Punch is a good addition as well; if you want, you can replace Crunch with Return. Damp Rock as an item is nice to boost the number of turns you get out of Rain Dance, but Life Orb and Leftovers are options too. Relaxed downs Floatzel's best stat in favor of something he doesn't need; try Adamant (not Jolly - Rain Dance will give you all the speed you need).

[Tornador / GARCHOMP / Dragon Fang]
Sand Veil / Timid
-Dragon Rush
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
-Dig
Despite Tornador's ability, I raised him to have good attack and special attack, so Tornador is mostly a sweeper. The Dragon Fang enhances Dragon Rush and Dragon Claw, and dig is for tough situations, to try and use up the foe's PP. Tornador has super speed~ xD

Why the hell would you train a Garchomp in special attack and then not use any special attacks? For that matter, why train it's special attack at all? Its attack is infinitely better. Anyway, fix that. Then, replace Dig with Earthquake, Crunch with Fire Fang, and Dragon Rush with Swords dance (and if possible, Dragon Claw with Outrage). It's a basic set, and you'll want to replace the Dragon Fang with Yache Berry to negate his 4x Ice weakness. Also, try getting some Sandstorm support to abuse his ability. Timid is a terrible nature; Jolly is the way to go.

[Skittles / STARAPTOR / Shell Bell]
Intimidate / Relaxed
-Fly
-Close Combat
-Aerial Ace
-Steel Wing
Skittles here is a sweeper too. She uses Fly in most cases, to whittle down PP as well as health, and Aerial Ace is to finish them off without the use of two turns. As Skittles focuses on Attack, not Defense, the Shell Bell should give her a little HP almost every turn. Skittles can also be used on a fast sweeper, as she has great speed. If you pick at Skittles, tell me what I should replace with Steel Wing, because I feel like it just takes up space.

She shouldn't be using Fly, period. Replace it with U-Turn, so you can scout out the enemy and switch accordingly. Brave Bird should go over Aerial Ace for the pure power. Steel Wing should be covered with Return - it has some nice base power with max happiness. As for items, try Choice Band for some good power. Relaxed is a horrible horrible nature; get Jolly or Adamant.

[Sparky / LUXRAY / Magnet]
Intimidate / Lax
-Thunder Fang
-Crunch
-Charge Beam
-Discharge
Sparky needs serious work on his moves. His stats are awesome, but I only use Discharge. Sparky is ALWAYS paired up with Tornador, my Garchomp, because if I need to use Discharge, it won't hurt him. Help me on the moves, though. ;o;

Lax is a bad nature (they all need work, really). Get Adamant if you want Choice Band on him, or if you like mixed attacking try something like Rash or Naive. Now, you have way too many electric moves; you should only need one or two. If you want a Mixray, replace Discharge with Thunderbolt. Crunch is good for either set, keep it. Thunder Fang should be replaced with Ice Fang no matter what role he plays. If his Hidden Power is Grass-type, use it. Once again, try Return if you want Choice Band set. If you want a Mixray, go for Life Orb; otherwise, try Choice Band.

[DARKRAI / Dread Plate]
Bad Dreams / Bashful
-Dark Void
-Dark Pulse
-Shadow Ball
-Dream Eater
Darkrai is my annoyance. He's fast, and I always start off with Dark Void. He's not so much of a sweeper, but if he's got another Pokemon with him, he can easily whittle down health with his ability. His speed is awesome, too, which provides an easy advantage. Usually I use Dark Void, then follow up with Dark Pulse. When Darkrai starts getting into the yellowish area for HP, I start using Dream Eater to help him.

Looks good for the most part. Bashful isn't very good a nature, though - Timid is much better, or Modest if you're more into pure power. Consider Nasty Plot as an option to amp your power while foes are asleep. Focus Sash is good to ensure survival after a strong move, but Leftovers is a viable option too; once again, Life Orb is best for pure power.

If you're using a doubles team, I'd like to suggest an option I came up with myself: Shuckle and Bronzong. Both should have a Relaxed nature and absolutely no EVs in Speed (all in defense and HP or something like that). Make sure Shuckle knows Power Trick, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and either Return or Gyro Ball; Bronzong should know Trick Room, Gyro Ball, Stealth Rock, and Hypnosis (consider Explosion if you feel both you and Shuckle are fucked). Focus Sash is nice if you're worried about dying before pulling off the plan. The basic idea is for Bronzong to use Trick Room on the first turn, and Shuckle to use Power Trick; you now have a Shuckle with absolutely massive attack and a good STAB move in Stone Edge, a great type coverage move which Bronzong is immune to (due to Levitate), and who is almost always going first because of Trick Room. Bronzong can then proceed to incapacitate foes with Hypnosis or help kill with Gyro Ball. The problem is that a Power Tricked Shuckle is more fragile than glass; after the Trick Room runs out, it's likely he'll die within seconds. The basic plan is to clear out as much as you can before that happens. If you like the idea, you can try adding a few others with Trick Room to help support Shuckle. It's just an option to test, though - I don't know how well it would work.

Whew, that was long.

Last edited:
Razor Leaf is horrible. Replace it with Grass Knot or Energy Ball or anything really.

From my experiences, if you're going for Special Attack, Energy Ball is a great move, and it inflicts high damage even if the foe is light (take Mismagius for an example), so it can back you up pretty well.

Thanks for all the help! I'll definitely look into those changes.

@Mehwmew: I can't right now, but I will later.

Pm me your friend code...i wanna record a battle and study it...i can help but im better seeing first hand and now platinum has this vs recorder doo hickey

myne is... 3523-8560-7187

thats my platinum friend code..battle me right now :)
I used to do that, it doesn't really help unless you use really popular pokemon.

Thanks for all the help! I'll definitely look into those changes.

@Mehwmew: I can't right now, but I will later.
That's not fair~
I wants a battle too. =<

Back
Top Bottom