• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Need a thread to let out some bottled up excitement

magnetflygon

1337 h4x0r and amateur team builder
On April 25, I was playing on one of my roms (I have every game, so no worries) and I was ev training in a spot i made, when I ran into my first ever shiny. I had no pokeballs unfortunately, so, I did the next best thing. I took a screenshot of it.
[

Then, as I was riding on the bus home, playing my diamond, I found my second shiny today, April 30th, and of course this time I caught it. Shiny Starly.

Nevertheless, I'm really excited as I have been playing pokemon since it came out and after all this time, got a shiny.

Last edited:
On April 25, I was playing on one of my roms (I have every game, so no worries) and I was ev training in a spot i made, when I ran into my first ever shiny. I had no pokeballs unfortunately, so, I did the next best thing. I took a screenshot of it.
[

Then, as I was riding on the bus home, playing my diamond, I found my second shiny today, April 30th, and of course this time I caught it. Shiny Starly.

Nevertheless, I'm really excited as I have been playing pokemon since it came out and after all this time, got a shiny.

Nice! But that's what the Laughing Cupboard is for.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Well, heck, if you want legitimate pokerus, be glad to trade you a pokemon with it, :P.
Though, amazingly, i said because things are happening differently in my diamond, I might get a shiny in it, said that soon after beating the league, and whaddaya know, I got a shiny on my diamond.

Has anyone at all noticed that the screenshot shows a level 1 wild Alakazam?

now just get a legitimate shiny in a legitimate situation.

grats though finding shinies takes quite a bit of luck.

Ah, I see. Sorry, I guess I didn't read it properly.

Congratulations, I suppose, but yeah, the next step would be to get one in a fully legitimate situation!

Ah, I see. Sorry, I guess I didn't read it properly.

Congratulations, I suppose, but yeah, the next step would be to get one in a fully legitimate situation!

I did that too. And didn't magnetflygon say he got a shiny on his Diamond too? That's a legit situation.

Yes, 5 days later guys, I did find a legit shiny in a legit situation. On my Diamond, was going to EV train a mudkip, discovered there was an outbreak of zigzagoon too, I kept running around and then I run into a starly. As I looked at it, I thought, "Is that starly a different colour?". Then, it came into the battle view, and I saw the sparkles. I immediately caught it.

Last edited:
It's really kind of funny that you found a shiny in an illegitimate situation. It's almost like it doesn't count because you found it in a messed up ROM, not a real game, but it's still pretty amazing. My only shiny was a male Nidoran, on my Fire Red. I caught it in the Safari Zone, and at that time I didn't know what a shiny was, I just caught it because I thought it was a glitch or something. I recently lost my Fire Red version though. :(

I gotsed a legit blue pile of transforming goop! And I acknolegde your Starly, shiny raptor is pro!

Back
Top Bottom