• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Go Me. It's Story Time.

Purple Haze

So yeah. This is my place for dumping whatever I happen to be bothered enough to write. There's not gonna be just one thing in here, so keep that in mind.

I rarely write Pokemon related stuff unless I have to, because I just find it more difficult than what I like to do. By the way, I am currently under the impression that I'm not a bad writer because my teacher keeps telling my parents that I'm the best writer he's had in a class in 10 years of teaching.

First and only thing in here; a piece of writing that I entered in a contest and came 3rd place. I'm not proud of the end... >.>

The cold mid-winter gust outside made an abandoned, creaky church sway gently, in time with the leafless trees. The trees knew it was nearly time for them to burst with greenery again, and the thought pleased them greatly. As the gust blew a new heavy breath, the church gave an ear-splitting creak and lurched violently. As if this had been a cue, the gentle breeze became a rough and wild hurricane, and the gentle snowing began to harshly beat down on the earth. Even the thickest trees were on the brink of snapping in this weather. The spirits of air were swirling in the wind, trying to break the storm, but seemed to give up; the wind kept coming strong and the snow obscured any sight. Only one thing seemed to be alive in the whole world then, other than the powerful winds.

As it gradually grew worse, the storm let off thunder. A loud, rumbling roar filled the air, and not a second later, its lightning burst to life, narrowly missing the large, rusty bells on the church’s roof. The sudden arrival of light had allowed one to be able to see the small figure of the spirit creeping around, but only for a split second. The figure ducked underneath the window to avoid being seen by anyone who might be around, but was too late. By the time it had moved one muscle, the light was gone. A sigh of relief came from the person’s lips, but that was soon wiped off its face to be replaced by a look of concentration as it tried to grab on to something to avoid shaking like the building itself. It wasn’t much of an easy task. The little figure moved on, stumbling every so often, but trying hard to stay upright. Swiftly it moved.

The noise of a thump echoed into the distance as the church continued its game of swinging. The spirit had this time fallen right over - but luckily hadn’t hit anything. It stood up, shaking as it went. The first thing it saw was a cracked, filthy mirror surrounded by a silver frame. As it always happens when something is sighted by a mirror, the figure’s reflection bounced back from the mirror into its eyes. A face that it knew so well that it could never be forgotten, its own girly features: the silvery waves of hair, gleaming in so many colours, the golden eyes and the thin, white face, the blood-red lips. Slowly, she went closer to the mirror and saw a word engraved in the silver: Purity. She turned away to keep walking, but as she took her first step, the mirror caught her eye again. And her face was still in there! Not doing what she did, but moving of its own accord. This couldn’t be normal - could it? She shrugged and walked out of the mirror room into the dusty hallway, feeling a bit perplexed, but more excited than so. The church was incredible - full of beautiful jewel-encrusted crosses and trinkets in glass cases. Beautiful paintings hung on the walls that had swirly drawing in gold on them. Soon she forgot all about the mirror, too busy staring at some of the most famous paintings ever plus others, entranced.

Nothing crossed her mind except wonder until she saw a flash of silver fly across a painting, through the wall and then right next to her. She gasped, but her reflection only smiled, almost evilly. It all happened so suddenly - but a flash of bright white light smashed into the scene, making the reflection disintegrate into air. The beautiful girl collapsed from the sheer impact of the light, falling like a marionette. A scream pierced the air, a single high-pitched note echoing through the night, and she heard it for seconds before all went black.

*A mere death dream...*

“Purity!” a shout throbbed in the girl’s ears, but it meant nothing to her. However, it seemed to make her feel a bit more... well, real when it was called out. Did it have some random connection to her?
“Purity!” the voice rang again.
Wait - Purity... It reminded her of herself in a way. Herself doubled. The thought muddled up her already muddled mind. Melody... For a second, it seemed like all would be good, but then, shakily, the word came out of her mouth, flooding her with emptiness until she really was gone. For ever.

Back
Top Bottom