• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Psymon vs. Skymin

StyliBoy

Help me build my weather machine my evil minions!
Psymon vs. Skymin

Arena Description

1vs1 single
Style: Switch
DQ:1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon, Weather affecting
Arena: Season Plain
Season Plains is a giant plain, Surrounded by trees with a Medium size Pond in the middle. Due to experiments nearby each quarter of the field is a different season.Each season has different effects.
Spring: None
Summer:Same effects as sunny day.
Autumn:Wind has 5% chance of blowing a pokemon over each action.
Winter:Ice moves are 3% more Powerful and the pond is unusable.

Psymon's Active Party
[Bulbasaur] Florence (F) -Overgrow-
[Psyduck] Medium (M) -Damp-
[Teddiursa] Grizzle (M) -Quick Feet-

Skymin's Active Party
[Mudkip] Scooter (M) -Torrent-
[Mareep] Chirin (M) -Static-
[Spoink] Snowball (F) -Thick Fat-
[Phanpy] Wheelie (F) -Pickup-
[Clamperl] Chimera (M) -Shell Armor-

Notes:
-Moving to different parts of the field takes up one action, other Pokemon is forced to follow, but can still attack
-Psymon sends out Pokemon
-Skymin sends out Pokemon and attacks
-Psymon attacks
-I'll be reffing

((I'm not barred from this match, right? If so, correct me.))

Hmm...interesting. Go, Snowball!

Alright, Snowball. Start with a Confuse Ray, and then Light Screen. Finish with Psychic!

Confuse Ray ~ Light Screen ~ Psychic

Damn. Type disadvantage. But we'll make it work anyway Florence, don't you worry.
Start off with PoisonPowder, then use Leech seed, unless PoisonPowder missed in which case use PoisonPowder, then use Double team to create four clones.

PoisonPowder ~ Leech Seed/PoisonPowder ~ Double team

Last edited:
Pre-Round Stats
001bulbasaur.png

Florence (F) -Overgrow-
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: PoisonPowder~Leech Seed/PoisonPowder~Double Team (4)

325spoink.png

Snowball (F) -Thick Fat
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Confuse Ray~Light Screen~Psychic

((Just as a note, I will call each side of the field its season. For example: The winter side of the field will only be called the winter.))

Pre Battle

Season Plain: A small field split into four parts, each with its own season. You would think the field would be a bit bizarre, but the twinkling of the summer sun against the winter snow, the pink petals of spring mingling with the brown leaves of fall, gave the field a mystical feel to it. Suddenly, two bright lights shine from the sky to the ground in the spring, leaving behind two trainers.

Psymon walks up to the middle of the spring and puts out his hand. Skymin, who had already walked up to the same place, shook it. Both trainers then walked back to their respective sides. They wait for the referee, who didn’t arrive with them.

A few minutes pass and finally the referee, StyliBoy, stumbles out of the light and almost falls. He quickly regains himself and gestures to the two opponents. Both Psymon and Skymin throw their Pokeballs in the air, and they open to reveal a Bulbasaur for Psymon and a Spoink for Skymin. Psymon winces slightly as he realizes the disadvantage he has. Skymin, also knowing this, smirks as the ref calls for the Pokemon to get ready.

StyliBoy raises his flag while the Bulbasaur and Spoink glare at each other, and flings it down, allowing the battle to commence.

Round One

Snowball and Florence acknowledge the battle starting and break eyes from each other. Snowball starts the fight by creating a ball of dark energy and flinging it at Florence. Florence tries to dodge, but the ball was too fast, and it hits her dead on. She falls to the ground and tries to stand up, but finds the world upside down and her having the hugest headache. She tries to conjure up some powder in her bulb on her back, but she is too confused and gives up.

Next, Snowball uses her psychic powers to erect a barrier of light in front of her. She smiles evilly, knowing how hard a time Florence will have trying to break it down. Florence, still confused and frustrated, tries once again to make the powder. This time, she is successful, and she thrusts it out of her bulb and towards Snowball. Snowball tries to dodge, but the poisonous powder covers too much area, and she breathes some in. Snowball lands on the ground, and immediately starts hacking, her body trying to get rid of the poison.

Snowball, furious at Florence for poisoning her, calls again on her psychic powers, this time making Florence float in the air. Florence, weak to this power and confused, takes the full blow of the attack and cries in agony. She falls back to the ground, but not before the attack’s other effect takes hold, and Florence becomes more vulnerable to special attacks. Florence, not about to give up, stumbles up and begins to run in a circle around Snowball. When she finally stops, there are five Florences glaring at Snowball. The round ends with Florence and her clones trying to rid themselves of confusion, with some success, while Snowball suffers from the effects of the poison.

Post Round Stats
001bulbasaur.png

Florence (F) -Overgrow-
Health: 84%
Energy: 95%
Confused (Very Light- 1 more action), -1 Sp. Def.

325spoink.png

Snowball (F) -Thick Fat-
Health: 98%
Energy: 88%
Poison (2% every round), Light Screen (6 more actions)

Ref Notes
-Florence was confused on the first action, so PoisonPowder was used on the second
-Just so you know, Skymin, Light Screen costs 1% energy per action. Just putting it out there
-Psymon, I see you edited the post. Don't do that. I know from experience it's very bad. I'll let it slide for now, because you attack second, but if you do it again, you'll be DQ'ed
-Psymon attacks
-Skymin attacks
-I reff​

Oh. Sorry. I won't edit again.
We've poisoned her which is good, so start of with Magical Leaf then run into the sunny area, then use Solarbeam, which if I'm not mistaken should only take one action in the Sunny area. If it doesn't use leech seed.

Magical Leaf ~ Run to sunny area ~ Solarbeam/Leech Seed

Sadly, there's not a whole lot we can do about the poison right now, Snowball, but try to hang in there anyway.

Use Swift to fish out the real one. Once you've pinpointed them, target a Psychic her way...then brace yourself for the Solar Beam. If you can Mirror Coat it back at her in time, great. If you don't get that chance, hunker down with Amnesia.

Swift ~ Psychic ~ Mirror Coat/Amnesia

((Jesus, I'm sorry for editing this so late, but I just noticed that weather-moves were banned. >_>))

Last edited:
My last post was edited. I know it's a no-no to do it this late, but I stupidly only just realized I tried to use a banned move. Again, sorry. D:

Pre Round Stats
001bulbasaur.png

Florence (F) -Overgrow-
Health: 84%
Energy: 95%
Confused (Very Light- 1 more action), -1 Sp. Def.
Commands: Magical Leaf~Summer~SolarBeam/Leech Seed

325spoink.png

Snowball (F) -Thick Fat-
Health: 98%
Energy: 88%
Poison (2% every round)
Commands: Swift~Psychic~Mirror Coat/Amnesia

Round Two

The round starts with Florence and Snowball thinking through their attacks before staring the other Pokemon down. Snowball starts the round by charging up and spitting out many stars of energy. Florence tries to dodge, but it is to no avail, and she is hit dead on with the stars. She rolls and gets back up quickly, determined to get the better of her opponent. She also charges up, but this time she throws out leaves with a magical aura about them. Snowball also tries to dodge, but like her Swift, Magical Leaf is unavoidable. The leaves cut into her skin as she winces in pain.

Next, Snowball uses her pearl on her head and concentrates. Soon, Florence is lifted into the air by an unknown force. Florence curses, knowing what will happen, and she is flung into a nearby tree, as the psychic attack hits. She stands back up and runs towards the sunny area that is summer. Snowball, slightly annoyed, follows her and gets ready for the next attack.

Snowball, waiting for her opponent to attack, does nothing while Florence charges up her SolarBeam, which will be even more powerful in this area. She stops charging, and lets out the beam,which charges straight at Snowball. She, however, does not dodge and smiles as she sets up a huge barrier. The SolarBeam is about to hit when she finishes it, and the SolarBeam bounces back, doubly charged. Florence, dumbfounded at her luck, does not try to dodge as the beam knocks her off her feet and throws her away. She slowly stands back up, wincing at her every move. The round ends with Florence in a lot of pain and Snowball smirking, even though the poison still courses through her veins.

Post Round Stats
001bulbasaur.png

Florence (F) -Overgrow-
Health: 45%
Energy: 80%
-1 Sp. Def

325spoink.png

[Spoink] Snowball (F) -Thick Fat-
Health: 92%
Energy: 68%
Poison (2% each round), Light Screen (3 more actions)

Arena Notes:
-We are now on the summer side of the field

Ref Notes:
-Sorry for the late reffing; I had to study for my Greek Speaking Test (WOOT!! 100%)
-Confusion went away on the first action
-SolarBeam takes one action either way, but it’s supercharged in sunny areas
-If either of you edit your posts again, you’re both DQ’ed (Thank you and have a nice day!)
-Skymin attacks
-Psymon attacks
-I ref​

Awesome, Snowball! Now we can go on the offensive!

Start with Calm Mind, then start hitting hard with Psybeam!

Calm Mind ~ Psybeam ~ Psybeam

Damn it! Start off with Synthesis which should be powered up in the summer area. Then use Leech Seed and finish off with SolarBeam.

Synthesis ~ Leech Seed ~ Solarbeam

Pre Round Stats

001bulbasaur.png

Florence (F) -Overgrow-
Health: 45%
Energy: 80%
-1 Sp. Def

325spoink.png

Snowball (F) -Thick Fat-
Health: 92%
Energy: 68%
Poison (2% each round), Light Screen (3 more actions)

Round Three

The round begins with Snowball and Florence both in a deadlocked stare, trying to psych the other out. Snowball begins by focusing herself, calming herself down and letting the outside enerrgy flow into her. She then opens her eyes, invigorated and ready for the battle. Florence, however, also doesn’t attack, and instead opens her bulb to let sunshine in. She is covered in a green light as the sun heals her sore body, restoring more than normal because of the extreme sun.

Next, Snowball focuses her mind and sends a beam of telekinetic energy hurtling towards Florence. Florence, still a bit fazed from the Synthesis, is hit by the PsyBeam and is knocked away. She calmly gets back up, before spitting out a seed from her bulb that attaches onto Snowball and sinks its vines into her skin. She winces as health is drawn from her body. The seed activates, sending the stolen health to Florence, who graciously accepts it.

Snowball once again focuses and throws another beam of psychic power towards Florence. Florence tries to dodge, but it hits her leg as she’s moving and is thrown back. She gets back up and opens her bulb once more, this time to gather energy for a SolarBeam she knew would hit. Florence gathers the energy, and finally releases it at Snowball. Snowball, knowing the consequences of such a devestating hit, moves out of the way, but the beam is too fast. Some of the light is stopped by the screen that is fading away, but most of it gets through the barrier and hits Snowball square on. The force knocks her back, finally breaking the barrier she was in. The rounds ends with Snowball on the ground, whimpering, and Florence dancing happily in light of her success.

Post Round Stats

001bulbasaur.png

Florence (F) -Overgrow-
Health: 73%
Energy: 43%
-1 Sp. Def

325spoink.png

Snowball (F) -Thick Fat-
Health: 77%
Energy: 57%
+1 Sp. Atk, +1 Sp. Def, Poison (2% each round)

Ref Notes:
-I am very very very sorry for the delay again. I hope you both got my PMs I sent you.
-Synthesis regained 50% health (25% energy loss)
-Light Screen broke the last action
-Leech Seed will take away 1% health each action, unless destroyed
-Psymon attacks
-Skymin attacks
-I ref​

Last edited:
Yes! We hit that Spoink hard! So we'll use Flash, then use Flash again and finally use Rest. However if one of the Flash's missed, use Flash again.

Flash ~ Flash ~ Rest/Flash

Gah, that was stupid...on my part, Snowball, you're doing fine! Don't worry!

So she wants to blind you, huh? Send it back to her. For every time she uses Flash, try to send it back to her with Magic Coat! If she gets to use Rest on her last turn, hit her with Psychic!

Magic Coat ~ Magic Coat ~ Magic Coat/Psychic

Pre Round Stats

001m.png

Florence (F) -Overgrow-
Health: 73%
Energy: 43%
-1 Sp. Def
Flash ~ Flash ~ Rest/Flash

325m.png

Snowball (F) -Thick Fat-
Health: 77%
Energy: 57%
Magic Coat ~ Magic Coat ~ Magic Coat/Psychic

Round Four

These two Pokemon really haven’t given up, have they? Both are still ready to tear the others’ throats out, but both also are matched by the other. Snowball breaks the tension and relaxes, letting the energy inside her flow to be ready for an attack. Florence opens her bulb and stores energy, resulting in a blinding flash of light whose beam is aimed straight at Snowball. Quick to react, Snowball releases the energy she stored in a coat of energy, blocking the light from reaching her eyes and reflecting it back at Florence. Unable to dodge the attack, Florence is blinded for a few seconds. She shakes her head and blinks fast, hoping to get rid of the spots in her vision. It is to no avail, though, and her vision is impaired.

Next, Snowball once again stores energy for the shield. Florence, hoping the pig didn’t make another shield, once again flashes a bright light from her bulb. Unfortunately for Florence, Snowball was set for this attack once again. The light was again reflected back to Florence, whose vision became even worse.

Snowball patiently waited, ready to set up another Magic Coat in case of Florence attacking again. This time, however, Florence was given another option. She laid down and fell asleep, regaining her health. Snowball, also cognizant of her options, gathered energy and let out a psychic barrage on Florence, who couldn’t do anything about it, as she was asleep. The round ends with Florence asleep and Snowball laughing at her opponent's predicament.

Post Round Stats

001m.png

Florence (F) -Overgrow-
Health: 82%
Energy: 24%
-1 Sp. Def, -2 Accuracy, Asleep

325m.png

Snowball (F) -Thick Fat-
Health: 75%
Energy: 45%

Ref Notes

-(Kicks self) I finally get the energy to do this after a month...wow
-Florence will be asleep for one round (3 actions)
-Magic Coat cost the same amount of energy as Flash (3%)
-Skymin attacks
-Psymon attacks
-I ref​

Well, that went awesomely!

Okay, Snowball, let's take this round to catch up a bit. Start with Dream Eater, then Psychic. At that point, you'll probably be a bit tired, so feel free to Chill out for a while.

Dream Eater ~ Psychic ~ Chill

Oh... Poop. I shoulda seen that coming. Well, use Sleep Talk until you wake up to start with. If you're up by the second action use Protect and if your up by the third action use chill.

Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk/Protect ~ Sleep Talk/Chill

Back
Top Bottom