• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Does a God of ANY KIND exist?

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
Well? Your opinions? Thoughts? Ideas?

Honestly, I think a deity of sorts could exist. They just don't give a damn about us. And Deity in this case would be a creature that has immense, but not logic-breaking, power. For example, it may have enough power to manipulate molecules and create a life form (Would require immense amounts of energy, though). However, it can't suddenly make gravity non-existant

Oh, now you've gone and done it.
Well, I'm atheist, and if a deity exists, who cares? I'm going to live for the hell of it and not for the afterlife even if said deity has one.

No. I guess it could exist in theory, but we've got no evidence at all for it so why bother believing that it exists?

I'm going to happily believe that it doesn't exist until someone can show me that it does.

It's frightening, but I don't believe in any form of omniscient being. Thus, no afterlife. We just get a Game Over screen.

Yes. a God exist, and THEY control our lives. The aliens. They are our GODS!

*coughcough*

Well, honestly, the term you put out obviously exist. Yes, there is a god of some sort. No it's not all powerful, and no we'll never see or get any evidence. This god probably lives in our minds, but the answer you're looking for is probably something that requirers a lot of thinking.

I don't necessarily believe that there is a god, but I don't believe that we are the most potent life forms. In that sense, I think that there might be beings that have what would seem to be god-like powers from our point of view.

^ I agree. There may or may not be a God with powers talked about in the Judeo-Christian idea of the word, but if we're talking about a god that doesn't have the power to create and afterlife or stop gravity, we might just be talking about an alien life form much greater than us. And I don't think anyone's going to rule out that possibility.

Okay, so if there are overseers of our planet, whom we suspect may be our creators in some cases, and in others, just a parent to our race or possibly just that an alien race just greater than us, why wouldn't they have revealed themselves? I know that may sound slightly strange, but certainly it'd make it a lot easier to believe in something if they were revealed?

With the possibility of an almighty God, like the one in the Christian Bible, I don't really think that it matters a great deal if you believe in God or not. Provided that you don't "sin" too much in your life, you'll probably get into some form of afterlife anyway. God is supposed to be a forgiving character, so certainly he can forgive non-believers for not believing in him, especially as there's too little evidence to suggest their existance.

Personally, I deny the existance of a God, because the idea is just too farfetched and supernatural.

I think that any deity exists purely for and with the faith of the people that believe in them. We might not be able to prove that any god exists, but I think it's fair to say they do exist in some way. 900 million Hindus can't be wrong! (:

God is dead. - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead. - God
Oh haha real mature god :| - Nietzsche
Hehe.

But yeah, I don't personally believe in some kind of particular god, but like some other people said, I think it's likely that there is some kind of higher form of life out there that might seem like gods to us. Or something.

Really I have no idea, though.

Back
Top Bottom