• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

iPokemon forum~

HANTASTIC!

Well, about last month me and some friends (namely my boyfriend and I) started up a forum, which we named iPokemon (It's painfully clever and originally, I know. </sarcasm>). It's been doing alright, but I still know there's PLENTY of different things I can do to improve it, all of which seemed to have escaped my mind.

Anyways, I'd like any comments/feedback on the layout, content, etc. Not so much on the name since like I said, I know it's not the most original name out there, but I prefer much more than the generic [Pokemon name here]'s [Pokemon area here] format. I also prefer it over a name revolving over a single Pokemon.

So yeah, any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism or comments in general would be much appreciated. <3

**Also I read the advertising guidelines, and I hope this doesn't fall under one of the guidelines that say it's "just a forum". I know it is, and I doubt it'll ever be more, but I'd like some other opinions on it so that maybe I can make it better.

iPokemon

ALSO, if anyone's interested, I have a preview of our probable next layout, since I know the one I have now is somewhat plain:
http://i42.tinypic.com/30m2t8z.png

Last edited:
What does this forum offer that isn't already here at TCoD? We're already on at least one forum, and tbh I can't really see anything there that would make me want to move. It has basically the same discussion threads as the CoD, so I can't see it getting much attention if you're only advertising it here.

I quite like the layout, it's easy on the eyes and it's not too bright or dark (also, mudkips). You do seem to have a lot of space between each section of the forums, though.

Why do you have a chatbox on a discussion forum? I don't see many of the members being on at the same time except for close friends, and that could just as easily be moved to an IM anyway.

Well, again, I never said it was anything different, and I never said anyone had to move. Most Pokemon forums are the same... honestly, there are very few that differ aside from the members themselves. I'm more interested in whether or not it's a site worth a visit.

And thankyou, although the layout was more of a quick fix. Also I realized that, but I'm not very experience with layout coding forum-wise so it's going to take a bit of time before I get everything right although I think for now it should at least suffice, aha.

Also some people just simply prefer a chatbox, as opposed to speaking in a thread, where you always might end up going off topic and being forced to make another one, or things like that. I know when I come on for a little, if I just feel like talking a little I'm not necessarily going to go post something like "Hi, let's talk for the next 10 minutes." And most members seem to enjoy it, so we kept it there.

But yes, thankyou a lot, I'll try to fix up the layout and add any other content that might spice the place up a little.

Well, again, I never said it was anything different, and I never said anyone had to move. Most Pokemon forums are the same... honestly, there are very few that differ aside from the members themselves. I'm more interested in whether or not it's a site worth a visit.
You've answered your own question.

Yeeees, I even made that statement in the FIRST post, I know it's "just a forum". Many Pokemon forums are "just a forum". The only thing that USUALLY set it aside are the members, the layout, and maybe things like forum-clans. Aside from that the general content is usually just the same, or similar at the very least, in my opinion.

I'm more interested in people's first opinion of the forum, aside from the obvious fact that it is just a forum. The layout of the site especially, and if it's appealing, things of that nature.

Yeeees, I even made that statement in the FIRST post, I know it's "just a forum".

If you know this, then why the hell did you post it?

Many Pokemon forums are "just a forum". The only thing that USUALLY set it aside are the members, the layout, and maybe things like forum-clans. Aside from that the general content is usually just the same, or similar at the very least, in my opinion.

There is no content on a forum.

I'm more interested in people's first opinion of the forum, aside from the obvious fact that it is just a forum. The layout of the site especially, and if it's appealing, things of that nature.

It's an oddly designed forum with a chatbox at the bottom and which seems to consider spam to be discussion.

That's not particularly appealing.

The layout I rather like but few people will go to a forum just for the layout.

The name screams "I'm just in it for the trend!" more than anything. The Mudkip layout isn't helping at all either. How are we supposed to know that this isn't just a trend forum?

Back
Top Bottom