• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Breed! Breed damn you!

iris_iris

Thread killer extraordinaire!
Okay, so maybe someone more l33t can help me with this.

I'm trying to breed my female Torterra - she's level 57, with a careful nature, she's somewhat of a clown, and likes bitter food.

What would make a good boyfriend for her?

Please, breeders, help!

I don't really care about move sets, I'm just trying to raise up some more Turtwigs.

And I tried breeding her with a male Bellossom - level 51, with a careful nature, who scatters things often and likes bitter food - but they didn't like each other.

So then I tried breeding her with a male Abomasnow - level 40, with a bashful nature who is very finicky and happily eats anything, but they didn't like each other either.

Well, Unless it says they refuse to play with each other or something similar, they will make an egg eventually. It just will take a while.

I myself made quite a few turtwig eggs with my female Torterra and a male Roselia, but that's just me.

ETA: If they won't breed ever never no way it'll say "The two prefer to play with other Pokemon than each other"

Check the match-ups. Bellossom and Torterra are both in the plant group, so they should be able to breed. They'll simply take some time to conceive the eggs.

When you put two compatible Pokémon together in the Day Care, they have a chance of making an egg every 255 steps you take. How high the chance is depends on whether they have the same trainer ID number (Pokémon owned by different trainers breed more easily, probably as a parallel to the sibling effect, where two individuals that grow up together are unlikely to want to mate in the future) and whether they're the same species (Pokémon of the same species breed more easily, presumably having an easier time feeling attracted to an individual that looks similar to them; note that by "same species" Pokémon of the same evolution line but different stages do not count).

The messages that can be shown are:

"The two prefer to play with the other Pokémon than each other." - Happens if the Pokémon are in different breeding groups (unless one is a Ditto), the same gender, one is genderless (and the other is not a Ditto) or one of them is in the No Eggs group: basically, no egg will be produced.

"They don't seem to like each other much." - Happens if they are of different species and have the same trainer ID. Their chance of producing an egg is low; however, by walking enough, they will do so eventually.

"The two seem to get along." - Happens if they are of different species but have different trainer IDs or if they are of the same species and have the same trainer ID. The chance of producing an egg is decent.

"The two seem to get along very well." - Happens if they are of the same species and have different trainer IDs. The chance of producing an egg is high.

Basically, they will breed even if it says they don't like each other much, but if you want it to be quicker, you could get a Pokémon with another ID number.

Happily, I have produced several eggs through the union of Ivy and Pine!

Though...I do feel a little guilty for using my Torterra as a breeding mare.

I hope she doesn't feel sold out.​

Happily, I have produced several eggs through the union of Ivy and Pine!​

Though...I do feel a little guilty for using my Torterra as a breeding mare.

I hope she doesn't feel sold out.
You're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, are you?

If the Pokemon you are breeding have the same trainer ID but are different species, they won't really like eachother. However, they can still breed together. (And the "scatters food" and "is a clown" type of thing has to do with IVs, not breeding)

Back
Top Bottom