PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Character Ever?

S. E.
05-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Oh look a thread not made by Male Gardevoir what a novelty Read title. I figured there was a favorite villain thread, so why not have a favorite character in general thread?

Anyone who knows me well would find this obvious, but Meta Knight. For whatever reason, there's something about a 7 inch tall headthing with night-light eyes wearing a mask and cape who has the gaudiest sword I've ever seen and a warship modelled after himself, along with being the former leader of the Meta-Knights, most of which I find to be adorable (Blade Knight! <3) that appeals to me.

I might think of more later, but eh. I don't play enough series.

Yarnchu
05-06-2009, 01:46 AM
He is actually a bit taller than 8 inches, and Blade Knight is only his helper, not a true Meta-Knight.

Probably either Kirby or King Dedede. Yes, contrary to my username, I do not actually like Yoshi that much. It was one of a bunch of usernames I had back when I first discovered Gametalk and it still is my username cause I can remember the password easily. The others had long, complexicated passwords.

S. E.
05-06-2009, 01:50 AM
He is actually a bit taller than 8 inches, and Blade Knight is only his helper, not a true Meta-Knight.If you insist. Gawd. (Wikipedia doesn't agree with you on the Blade Knight thing, though)

Thorne
05-06-2009, 05:13 AM
Oh noes I didn't make this thread

You forgot to mention the curse Meta Knight have, as threatening as he look, he will always be a blue puffball on the inside.

But back to topic, I can't say one exact favourite, but the closest you get is Luigi, as Super Mario Bros was the first game I played ever and when I was young green was my favourite colour.

Worst Username Ever
05-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Hmmm, I'll have to say Luigi too. The Mario series was one of the first games I played, too(the firs was Pokémon Crystal)

Also Sneasel is awesome.

fresh fruit for Adol
05-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh god... Making me decide who my favorite video game character is? Ummm.... Well, I guess either Veigue Lungberg from Tales of Rebirth, or Rid Hershel from Tales of Eternia would probably have to be... Veigue was a different kind of hero; he was cold, and not reckless at all, and he was in fact, very analytic. The only time he really softened up was around the NPC heroine (That's right, the heroine was an NPC. None of that healing stereotypical bullshit, because this RPG was devoid of ANY healing spells), and plus, instead of giving the hero the usual Fire or Wind element, he had the Ice element (Or... Force) at his disposal. Oh yeah, and he also had "KUREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH", even saying his love interest's name, Claire (Kurea!) over 200 times in game.

Rid was one of those reluctant heroes... He started the adventure not even intending on traversing both Inferia AND Celestia. Soon, he ended up gaining the power of God, and while he had made up his mind to save both worlds (Collectively, Eternia), I can quote him on this, in the Japanese version of the game, some of his dialogue states that he'd rather be eating lunch than taking out Nereid.

S. E.
05-06-2009, 01:35 PM
You forgot to mention the curse Meta Knight have, as threatening as he look, he will always be a blue puffball on the inside.HOW COULD I FORGET that might be my single favorite thing about him D:

Another one of my favorites would be Yoshi. I have no idea why, but he's just adorable, has adorable voice acting (especially in Mario Kart Wii), and they come in different colors. ;_; Plus, I loved the one in Papar Mario: TTYD.

Dannichu
05-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Raine from Tales of Symphonia. So much. For so many reasons. <3

Bombsii
05-06-2009, 03:13 PM
All of the PMD2 guild, because you grow used to them and they turn into an video game family, it was sad when I had to become an independant team. Single character though?

Yoomtah.

Stardust Dragona
05-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Travis Touchdown from the game No More Heroes, what seems like a generic, reckless idiot turns into a person with many losses and someone you can generally feel sorry for.

Erif
05-06-2009, 08:07 PM
This took awhile to think about, but I think I have a couple. First of all, Pleinair from the Disgaea games. She's just a NPC, but I dunno, she makes my inner fanboyism come out. Plus, in the manga (which is only one of three I read, btw), she's pretty funny.

Another one Arche. Talk about fanboyism. xD I absolutely loved her in Tales of Phantasia, probably the liveliest character in the bunch. He hair is just a big bowl of fun, she rides on a broom, she has an awesome, funny personalty, and a complete masacre on the battlefield. Sooooooo... ya. Really, really, love her a lot, on my top five list most likely.

I guess I can but Lyner Baresett from Ar Tonelico up on here. Wow, what a character. =D This kid was SO ignorant lol. Out of his group, there was his love interest, and a girl who kinda liked him. And he acted like a complete idiot. Really, it's not even funny how good they made this guy so clueless. There was one point in the game, where ther girl who liked him, Misha, had to sing to keep to keep the bad guy at bay. So, Lyner goes and says somethin like, "Misha, can you sing to keep _____ in the tower?" Not those exact words, but something like it. So that means she would have to stay in the same place for the rest of her life, or most of it, and sing that song. Then Misha runs away, and he's like "Misha?". Then girl he likes, Aurica, says "Lyner!", and he's like "What? What did I do wrong?". See what I'm saying? That's just a sample. This guys not stupid, he's just clueless, and konws NOTHING about girls. The dialogue in this game is really funny, and Lyner adds to it. He's also a fucking powerhouse, and has a cool Voice actor. Funny, ignorant, but cool person.

Junpei from Persona 3. Man, this guy is fucking hilarious... he makes the funniest jokes in this game, seriously. For most of the game, he's a fucking clown. He's barely ever that serious. All around, a fun-loving, awesome guy.

Naoto, from PErsona 4. She has a great character. Her awkwardness towards her gender, her horrible social skills, and her amazing ability to make breakthroughs in investigations... all just a part of who she is. She also has a good social link. <3

Minish
05-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Neku from The World Ends With You. :D Mainly because I'm extremely similar to him, completely empathise with him, and hope that I learn as much as he did throughout the game.

Erif
05-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Neku from The World Ends With You. :D Mainly because I'm extremely similar to him, completely empathise with him, and hope that I learn as much as he did throughout the game.
OH SHI-! Forgot that one. D= Add it it to mai list then.

Abwayax
05-06-2009, 10:54 PM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii121/tchnclgremlin/medium_Duke_Nukem_004.jpg

Duke Nukem. eh has BALLS OF STEEL and doesn't afraid of development hell

Keltena
05-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Castor from Last Scenario. Because I find him quite an interesting and complex character and love every bit of his manipulative bastard-ness and mental disorder-ness to pieces.

reecemysocksoff
05-08-2009, 02:09 PM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee222/darkriai_nameless_1/LuigiCostume4.png

Luigi. Or, more specifically, Luigi in his Pink outfit form brawl.
he is too WIN for his own good...

S. E.
05-08-2009, 04:15 PM
http://www.iaza.com/work/090509C/metapink60041.jpg
Pink Luigi is outgay'd by Pink Meta Knight.
FAAAABULOUS~

Poor Serebii, always having its images viciously stolen...~

Bombsii
05-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Darkarmour has defeated both of you.
http://www.cosplay.com/i/costumes/200/147691.jpg

S. E.
05-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I concede.

EDIT: Aww, the other image was more disturbing.

Cheetah
05-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Col. Jade Curtiss, Third Division, Malkuth Imperial Forces.

Why, he's so good-natured and honest it almost hurts.

{Shot}

Mercury
05-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Wigglytuff from PMD2. No doubt.

Lady Grimdour
05-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Wolverine. Badass. And despite the constant depiction of foam-at-the-mouth rage, he's well-developed, even more so than the X-Men's poster boy Cyclops.

Rorschach. He's essentially Batman in the real world; a nut. No powers, just detective skills. Plus the voice. Feckin' awesome.

Oh, honorable mentions. Deadpool(Comics, movie!Deadpool sucked), Dr. Manhattan, Nightmare, Kratos(God of War), and Gumshoe.

fresh fruit for Adol
05-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Col. Jade Curtiss, Third Division, Malkuth Imperial Forces.

Why, he's so good-natured and honest it almost hurts.

{Shot}

This.

This

This

This

This is so much win, it isn't even funny. And a Jade fan is last type of person I expected to see here. Of course, that good-natured and honest comment is what makes it so...

Cheetah
05-10-2009, 01:39 AM
I know. D: Not too many people here have played Abyss.

Jade's my overall favourite, but Anise is almost on par with him. She's so adorable and yet so... kickass. |3 And Peony, and Ion, and Professor Nebilim, and Asch...

Notoriously Unknown
05-10-2009, 03:54 AM
Midna. She's so quirky and mischeviouse it make me want to smile. Her problems and personality make her an expesialy memorable character for me. I love the way she manipulates and bullys Link at first, but eventualy ends up becoming friends with him. It's a commenly used pairing, mishcheviouse arrogant child-like person pairs up with the more mature and seriouse hero who has to stay with them because they know important things that the hero doesn't.
Anyways, Midna FTW. X3

fresh fruit for Adol
05-10-2009, 12:54 PM
I know. D: Not too many people here have played Abyss.

Jade's my overall favourite, but Anise is almost on par with him. She's so adorable and yet so... kickass. |3 And Peony, and Ion, and Professor Nebilim, and Asch...

I can't stand Asch :x Mainly because he's the reason Luke gets so irritating at the end. Anise=Fucking awesome. <3 her Cat Cat Kitty Cat costume to death xD It's a shame though, because Anise gets alot of hate... Dist the Rea-- err... Rose is awesome too.

TheGlitchmaster
05-13-2009, 01:18 AM
This changes for me EVERY DAY almost. I'll just list my past likes.

Liquid Snake- MGS
The Spy- TF2
The Medic- TF2
Sid Burn- Vigilante 8

Pride of Kings
05-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Scias from Breath of Fire IV. He's a badass dog samurai... or something to that effect, lol.

fresh fruit for Adol
05-13-2009, 03:11 AM
Scias from Breath of Fire IV. He's a badass dog samurai... or something to that effect, lol.

You forgot to mention "Badass drunk dog samurai", lol.

Good to know somebody else has played Breath of Fire.

YZorker
05-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Beat from TWEWY / Yuri from Tales of Vesperia / Jade from Tales of the Abyss

Lupine Volt
05-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Rita Mordio from Tales of Vesperia...So, so tsundere good. Not to mention "Blah blah blah, TIDAL WAVE!"

Sheena from Symphonia, Sheva from Resident Evil 5, Looker from Platinum, Wattson from RSE, and Ilyana from Fire Emblem

fresh fruit for Adol
05-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Rita Mordio from Tales of Vesperia...So, so tsundere good. Not to mention "Blah blah blah, TIDAL WAVE!"

Hmm... I'm more of a Gold Cat person... It's perfect for GRADE farming <3

Thorne
05-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Just thinking of it, Lucas, Duster and Kumatora from MOTHER 3 might just be my favourite characters ever, they aren't your standard heroes either. Lucas is a little pussy in the beginning, as SSBB shows rather perfectly, but he slowly grows stronger as the game progresses. Duster is a shaggy-looking thief in his 20-30's who limps and is constantly told his breath stinks, but his an invaluable companion with rather unexpected skills, and you just simply grew to him as the game progresses. And lastly there's Kumatora, a tomboyish princess with bad temper, maybe the only character who swears and being rather rude in general, but she pretty much softens up as she become better friend with Lucas, Duster and Boney, she's also crying at the end, and might just be the only one who does that, Duster also mentions she looks kind of cute which might just be the root of the popular DusterXKumatora pairing.

But as said, all three of them are extremely characterized, and might just be one of the strangest group of people in any video game ever, which is why I love them so much. Kumatora is also my favourite female video game character ever, <3

Charizard Morph
05-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Hmm, ever?
Jowee from Drawn to Life, and erm...... hmm, i think that's about it, actually, unless movies count too, i've got millions from movies. (Do movies count?)

Elfin
05-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Midna. She's so quirky and mischievous it make me want to smile. Her problems and personality make her an especially memorable character for me. I love the way she manipulates and bullies Link at first, but eventually ends up becoming friends with him. It's a commonly used pairing, mischievous arrogant child-like person pairs up with the more mature and serious hero who has to stay with them because they know important things that the hero doesn't.
Anyways, Midna FTW. X3
This just earned you some serious awesome points in my book. Midna rules! xD

Spatz
05-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Sheogorath wins!

"Come back soon, or else I'll pluck your eyes!"

"I once dug a pit and filled it with clouds....or was it clowns.... come to think of it, it began to smell... must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell, they taste of butter. And tears."

"Jyggalag! He is the Prince of Order. Or biscuits...no, Order! And not in a good way. Bleak. Colorless. Dead. Boring, boring, boring! And not a fan of my work, I can tell you. Hates it, hates me. You've seen his knights. Not the warm and cuddly sort."

"Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one. I suppose that can be just as much of a celebration, if you don't like cheese, true? You've run a maze like a good little rat. But no cheese for you yet. Well, maybe a little."

nuff said.

Thorne
05-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Some other characters I love a lot right now is Klonoa and the King Of Sorrow. Klonoa is energetic yet quiet, and he just looks adorable, especially in the red collar outfit. King Of Sorrow is just adorable all the time, but otherwise I know practically nothing about him, really. I just love him to bits.

see ya
05-27-2009, 10:23 PM
King Of Sorrow is just adorable all the time, but otherwise I know practically nothing about him, really. I just love him to bits.

PLAY KLONOA 2. NOW.

I love the King of Sorrow, too. Even though he really doesn't do much. He's the final boss, and you don't actually see him until the end of Klonoa 2. In typical Klonoa fashion, he's part of a plot twist involving another certain character... Though I'd have to say I like Leorina as a character a bit more.

Anyway, Raz from Psychonauts.

Thorne
05-28-2009, 04:43 AM
PLAY KLONOA 2. NOW.

I'm still looking for a copy of the game, but I want to play it, myself, it's just that it's hard to find a copy and it's even harder when you live in the PAL region.

goldenquagsire
05-28-2009, 04:31 PM
this is Haar (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/thumb/a/a3/Ferd-haar.jpg/250px-Ferd-haar.jpg). he is a wyvern rider. he pwns faces. he nabs a badass jailbait (http://www.feplanet.net/media/gallery/1/jill.jpg). he has an eyepatch. and he does all this awesomeness in his sleep. also he's arguably the best unit in Fire Emblem 10 aside from Ike and Shinon. so yeah.

and this is Balthier (http://www.diskchocolate.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/ff12-balthier.jpg). he's the only British playable character in any game ever. he brings a gun to a sword fight (literally). he has an airship. he's also the son of an utterly batshit, equally British scientist. did i mention that he's a goddamn pirate? yeah.

finally, this is Valkyrie (http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/705/705760/valkyrie-profile-lenneth-20060508042945589.jpg). she doesn't take shit from no-one. she has a personal army of dead people. when this (http://crystal.leamonde.net/characters/pics/illust-lezard01.jpg) creepy-but-awesome guy starts perving over her, she kicks him right up the backside. she is BADASS. shame that her successor (http://www.hardwired.hu/img/wg/2/878/VALKYRIE_PROFILE_2_SILMERIA_1.jpg) is so bloody annoying. ):

honourable mentions: Fergus (http://www.feplanet.net/media/gallery/6/felgus.jpg) (NO HIS NAME IS NOT FELGUS fanslations are stupid); Robo (http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/archives/images/2008/08/ct-robo1.jpg); Phoenix Wright (http://www.gamenazi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/phoenix.jpg); Maya Fey (http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/phoenix_wright/art-003.jpg); Edgeworth (http://www.ace-attorney.net/content/images/artworks/gs1/edgeworth_fullbody.jpg) (HE IS ENGLISH EVEN IF IT CONTRADICTS EVERY BIT OF PW CANON IN EXISTENCE); Cid Highwind (http://www.ffcompendium.com/art/7-cid-a.jpg); Edgar Figaro (http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/2/22/165px-Ff6_edgar.jpg) (him and Fergus are brothers i swear to god)

fresh fruit for Adol
05-28-2009, 08:57 PM
PLAY KLONOA 2. NOW.
Though I'd have to say I like Leorina as a character a bit more.

This. I really liked Leorina. If they had taken the time to flesh her out just a bit more, she would've been MUCH better than she already was though.

I'm still looking for a copy of the game, but I want to play it, myself, it's just that it's hard to find a copy and it's even harder when you live in the PAL region.

This is true. It must suck living in PAL regions, since they generally get shafted from most of the good games. It's like most developers and publishers look at PAL regions, and say "Screw you all, I don't wanna go through all the trouble to make my games compatible with 50Hz screens."

Worst Username Ever
06-15-2009, 02:11 PM
"L33t Hammer Broz." from Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

Seriously. If you've played the game you know what I'm talking about. Those guys are "teh pwnzorz".

Keltena
06-15-2009, 03:35 PM
"L33t Hammer Broz." from Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

Seriously. If you've played the game you know what I'm talking about. Those guys are "teh pwnzorz".
THIS. <3.1415926

sagefo
07-10-2009, 05:09 PM
I like a lot of characters, but a favorite? Hmmmm... Well, all the characters in TWEWY are in interesting(especially minamimoto), but at the end of the day, i have to say that my favorite character in probably link.

otaku-dono
07-11-2009, 05:18 AM
Sephiroth. No explanation is needed.

Erika
07-11-2009, 11:11 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/Idioticpiggybank/snapshot20080602035344.jpg
OSAKA.

'Cause she is awesome.

Momoharu
07-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Locke, Sabin, and Edgar from Final Fantasy VI. Epic motherfuckers they are.

Also, I prefer Mario over Luigi, mainly because Mario isn't a pussy.

fresh fruit for Adol
07-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Locke, Sabin, and Edgar from Final Fantasy VI. Epic motherfuckers they are.

Also, I prefer Mario over Luigi, mainly because Mario isn't a pussy.

Exactly what makes Luigi a pussy though? If anything, he's probably got more courage than Mario. Mario's just all gung-ho and "Wheeee" like a 5 year old, which I find to be just plain annoying.

Anyways, on-topic; Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia, and Shing Meteoryte from Tales of Hearts. These two characters, are two perfect examples of what a main character in an RPG should be.

Yuri, while he's still young, breaks the norm of "random 16 year old saves the world from random world ending catastrophe". Instead, gives us "21 year old former-knight who made a name for himself through petty crimes saves the world from the leader of the knights, and not so random world ending catastrophe". Granted, those both do sound random, but you'd actually have to play the game to understand that the story compliments his character very well, and it does a nice job of showing how the party works to catch up with the villain. Plus, he's not annoying, or immature, or a plain asshole, always eating, or an idiot idealist; he's pretty much impossible to unnerve, going everywhere with a straight face, he's sarcastic, and almost always seems to know exactly what's going on and where, having a good grip on any situation that comes to him, usually with the help of his companions. Plus, he actively follows his own path of "justice", taking the path of a common criminal by dirtying his hands and murdering two people that the law couldn't touch, effectively turning him into a hypocrite. Oh yeah, and did I mention that the way he fights is fucking badass? Best swordsman I've ever seen in an RPG.

Shing's character is pretty much summed up in his official character description: he's got an insatiable curiosity for the world around him, and lacks personal experience of the world, as he's only been in his hometwon until the start of the game, so he lacks the delicacy in his speech and the things he does that other people have, at one point trying to quote one of his party members, but failing miserably, trying to say that he's a coward, and that he's got peanuts for ball, but instead calling him a bunch of food names.

But unlike other RPG characters, who constantly make mistakes and are too stupid to do anything about them, let alone even notice them, Shing actually notices the mistakes he makes, properly reflects on them, and does his best to fix those mistakes. He also makes a nice punching bag for the other characters, frequently getting beaten, and at one point is forced to stab himself when the villain has control over his body when he's still inside of Shing. But that just goes to show how truly tenacious he is.

Plus, he gets the best quote ever:
Gramps always said to help a pretty lady! And if she's got a big chest, help her at the cost of your life!!

And this adage even comes into play at one point in the story as well =P
Oh yeah, plus, he's voiced Tetsuya Kakihara, same guy who did Simon in Gurren Lagann.

Worst Username Ever
07-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Exactly what makes Luigi a pussy though? If anything, he's probably got more courage than Mario. Mario's just all gung-ho and "Wheeee" like a 5 year old, which I find to be just plain annoying.

Heh, when you mention it, agree. I've always preferred Luigi over Mario.

Thorne
07-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Ok, as of now, I'm pretty damn sure my favourite character of all time is the King of Sorrow, from Klonoa 2, and I have a pretty good explanation why.

To begin with, he was behind pretty much everything, he was the one who led you through the game the entire game, even thought he did by controlling the Prophet Baguji. He was also the first character to appear besides Klonoa, and you hear him several times, as his echoing cries for help is heard several times through the game. And the there's his theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUAR-ih_YI4&feature=related), the best video game song ever, because of how it isn't just his theme, it coverts his history and personality into music in such an incredible way. And as much as he's accused for trying to create chaos, all he wanted was to be remembered, for his kingdom to be remembered, he wanted everyone to remember sorrow.

And his design is just adorable, and his voice actor/actress is just amazing. <3

Phyro Phantom
07-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Well, if you ask me, the awesome-est character ever created by mankind would have to be Ike from the Fire Emblem series. And no, not Ike as he appeared in Brawl (that's the watered-down version =P) the real Ike, as seen in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. He owns. xD

As for a girl character... eh I guess Fire Emblem again. Lethe is pretty. =3

fresh fruit for Adol
07-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Lethe is pretty. =3

ロケット団
07-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Setzer from FFⅥ the airship guy. or gambit (basically the same person) maybe Akagi >.< i don't know so many awesome people in fiction.