• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cheat Cartidges

Have you used a cheat cartidge on one of the pkmn games?

• Yes, quite a lot

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Yes, but only occasionally/rarely

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I would if I had a cheat cartridge / had the money to get one

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters

Pinkie

http://pichusworld.net
I just wanted to perhaps start a topic on this subject matter; what is your opinion of using cheat cartridges (of any kind) on the video games? Do you use them and how often? Do they 'spoil' the challenge in any way for you?

I personally prefer to only use the cheat cartridges occasionally to get Pokemon that would otherwise be unobtainable for me (e.g. Mew in Pokemon Diamond), but I must admit, I have used the quick exp gain when things have been moving a bit slowly in the game and for training Pokemon (we all know how tedious that can sometimes become!).

I use the cheat cartridge after i've completed the game. Leafgreen I had a GBA Action Replay & I used to have a TTDS Diamond (which I abondoned and traded for Kirby Power Paintbrush =D)

Later this month i'll have Platinum & Diamond back on, and hopefully have cheats for too.

I actually like to use them, however, I always buy a separate game to use it on. I love experimenting with what you can do with them. Then of course, I like to make customized pokemon using pokesav, :3. All other games I get I keep legitimate. My Platinum however, is the most legit game I have as I have transfered a few hacked pokemon to my diamond.

As for training, I use a little trick, 100% legitimate too. I breed the pokemon and use the nature breeding trick on my diamond. Then, using my legit pokerus, I EV train them fully which only takes about an hour to do. Then, I trade it over to my platinum and use a lucky egg and train on gym leaders. Trading gives and exp boost, so, trade boost+lucky+trainer pokemon=1 level 100 in about 10-20 hours. I have 4 level 100s on my Platinum, a little over 90 hours of play time, and a level 91 and level 94 along with that.

Last edited:
My first one broke after 18 months so I got another. I like to use it to make my teams, particularly new ones for testing (so that I can see how well the things work beyond just theory). I don't really use it for anything else, other than to make pokemon.

I own a DS AR and use it mostly for dicking around/Glitch hunting/EV training. I did use the shiny cheat once to get a shiny Umbreon, but that was only because the shiny Eevee I chained were all male and I wanted a female shiny Umbreon to name after a character of mine... Otherwise it's mostly for getting Pokemon to slaughter for EV training x3;

Otherwise it's mostly for getting Pokemon to slaughter for EV training x3;
EVmenu.jpg

Ftw? xD​

Pokesav, >_>. I don't use a cheat cartridge, I just hack the games straight, :3. I have a bad habit of making Jolteon have 255 in all base stats.

I don't have any, but if I did I would only use it after I beat the game and to mess around with the walk anywhere cheat and to get unobtainables.

Eh, personally I only use my Action Replay for in-game stuff that I won't use over Wifi or anything... Well, at least my AR is at most minimally related to anything I would use over Wifi. I originally bought it to figure out my SID so I could make some shinies with RNG manipulation, but I just couldn't resist the temptation. Mostly I use it to check IVs quickly and then use what I know of RNG to do the rest, though I do have a hacked shiny Roselia for contests, with the nature RNG'd and everything else otherwise normal.
I've also got an Azure Flute and Members' Card thing for Arceus/Darkrai, but haven't caught either yet. Don't plan on using either outside of my own game either.

And that is pretty much my general opinion of cheat cartridge use. If it would make your gameplay more enjoyable, then more power to you. That's what they're there for, and it doesn't affect anyone else. But don't take Pokemon hacked with a third party device to Wifi battles or something, since it actually would affect someone else and is an advantage way too easily obtained. If you must be in total control of every IV, nature, everything, at least use RNG since it requires some patience and effort to pull off, and is technically how the game works.

I don't really like cheating devices in Pokemon. It just doesn't seem right.
I have two hacks [one I got from GTS and the other was a Shaymin that was technically legitimately caught because having the letter or whatever doesn't mean that catching has to be a hack too loool] and the only one I allow myself to use is the Shaymin because it was legitly caught although getting to the area was a hack.

But don't take Pokemon hacked with a third party device to Wifi battles or something, since it actually would affect someone else and is an advantage way too easily obtained. If you must be in total control of every IV, nature, everything, at least use RNG since it requires some patience and effort to pull off, and is technically how the game works.

Darn, I was gonna pull that on RNG abusers too, ^_^

Cheat cartridges are good or this:

Species: Shiny Sableye
Name:IMMORTAL
Ability: Wonder Guard
Level: 50
Stats: Normal
Moves:
Baton Pass
Dragon Dance
Calm Mind
Acid Armour

^_^, one illegit pokemon to pwn everything with a legit one.

I used to have a GBC one. I used it on Yellow and Silver to give my Pokemon moves they simply can't learn. Great for messing with my friends.

Nope, I consider myself a legit player, so I don't cheat. If I ever where to do it, however, it'd only be to raise pokémon after beating the game.

Well that is how I get rare candies and masterballs~

I don't train my pokemon by rare candies,I do it the legally. The code manager wont let me add codes (I know how to do it,I won't let me)

My guidelines on hacked Pokemon:

If I got it off the GTS, and I have already obtained that Pokemon legitimently, I can keep it.

My guidelines for hacked items:

No.

I really hate hacking devices. Why did they ever have to be invented? Stupid things. What's the fun of using them anyway?

Back
Top Bottom