• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt RMT: Average Team for an Average Battler

Exo-Raikou

It's over. I'm sorry, but it's over.
This is the team I've been building up in my Platinum, and I thought I'd show it for comments/suggestions.

Please note that I've yet to do any actual battling online; I thought that I would perfect my team before doing anything. (plus my connection is awful) This team has mostly been used for the Battle Frontier

452_drapion_1_m.png

Held item: Scope Lens
Trait: Sniper
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 52 HP, 252 Attack, 204 speed
Moves:
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Ice Fang
Earthquake

The traditional Sweeper set for Drapion. If I'm not facing anything he's weak against, then I'll swords dance once, and go all out with Night Slash or Earthquake. Ice Fang is generally used for a ground type that might show up, and the scope lens will augment critical hit chances, and that's where Sniper will kick in.

474_porygon-z_1_m.png

Held Item: Life Orb
Trait: Adaptability
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Moves:
Nasty Plot
Tri Attack
Hidden Power
Dark Pulse

Much like how Drapion will use Swords Dance during downtime, this guy will use Nasty Plot in similar situations. Unless I have a type advantage, I'll use Tri Attack to take advantage of Adaptability's boost. Combine that with the life orb's power boost, and a whopping special attack of 404, very few pokemon will bounce back from an attack by it.

445_garchomp_1_m.png

Held Item: Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Moves:
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Dragon Claw

The Swords Dance moveset minus Swords Dance. Stone Edge is used to counter any ice types that Fire Fang wouldn't have finished off (Walrein for example.) The other two attacks are obviously to take advantage of STAB. I usually lead of with him to put a huge dent in the enemy before he gets completely destroyed.

242_blissey_1_f.png

Held Item: Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Defense
Moves:
Wish
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss
Protect

The first of the "optional walls duo" that I'll pull out in the Frontier. Because of her high HP, she doesn't go down too easily, if at all. This is the standard Wish moveset, which I might end up using as a support move if need be. Seismic Toss is the default offensive for Blissey, but if a ghost-type hits the field, then she becomes pure support.

202_wobbuffet_1_m.png

Trait: Shadow tag
EVs: 28 HP, 228 Defense, 252 Special Defense
Moves:
Counter
Safeguard
Encore
Mirror Coat

This is the second of the "optional walls duo." Where Blissey was centered around being "too stubborn to die", this one is centered around "stalling while attacking" Safeguard is the protection against the burn and poison that is the bane of Wobbuffet, and Encore is the wild card move; I normally use it when I'm sure the enemy is going to use an attack that can be turned back by Counter/Mirror Coat. If I predict correctly, then the foe's as good as dead.

437_bronzong_1_m.png

Trait: Levitate
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP, 52 Attack, 204 Defense
Moves:
Rest
Sleep Talk
Earthquake
Gyro Ball

Rounding out the team is this guy. The usual Rest-Talk combo prolongs Bronzong's life, and Earthquake and Gyro ball allow it to keep on the offensive. Gyro Ball in particular is deadly in that Bronzong's speed is at an abysmal 63, so if the opponent is vulnerable to steel attacks, then they're in trouble.

I like the way this team goes, but because I'm more or less a noob at competitive battling, I'd like some suggestions on fine-tuning it.

Your team looks good at first glance. Let's look deeper.
452_drapion_1_m.png

Moves:
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Ice Fang
Earthquake

The traditional Sweeper set for Drapion. If I'm not facing anything he's weak against, then I'll swords dance once, and go all out with Night Slash or Earthquake. Ice Fang is generally used for a ground type that might show up, and the scope lens will augment critical hit chances, and that's where Sniper will kick in.

Looks pretty good. If you're looking for big crits, I suggest Honchkrow or Absol with Super Luck; with Night Slash, they'll be dealing out crits 50% of the time (I think). And as a bonus, they can both use STAB Sucker Punch for big damage. It's also possible to get a Pokemon with Sniper, which will dole out triple damage on crits rather than double.

474_porygon-z_1_m.png

Moves:
Nasty Plot
Tri Attack
Hidden Power
Dark Pulse

Much like how Drapion will use Swords Dance during downtime, this guy will use Nasty Plot in similar situations. Unless I have a type advantage, I'll use Tri Attack to take advantage of Adaptability's boost. Combine that with the life orb's power boost, and a whopping special attack of 404, very few pokemon will bounce back from an attack by it.

Speed is a bit more important on Porygon-Z, since he isn't the fastest thing ever. As such, I'd suggest a Timid nature instead; his special attack is massive enough already, especially after a Nasty Plot. It'd also be nice to know what type Hidden Power is, but really, I don't think it matters; the Bolt-Beam combo (Ice Beam + Thunderbolt) provide great coverage alongside your Adaptability-boosted STAB Tri Attack.

445_garchomp_1_m.png

Moves:
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Dragon Claw

The Swords Dance moveset minus Swords Dance. Stone Edge is used to counter any ice types that Fire Fang wouldn't have finished off (Walrein for example.) The other two attacks are obviously to take advantage of STAB. I usually lead of with him to put a huge dent in the enemy before he gets completely destroyed.

Ah, Garchomp. This guy could use a bit of work. To start, Outrage is a better move than Dragon Claw; it should be able to clean damn near anything quickly. Swords Dance should go over either Fire Fang or Stone Edge (it's your choice) - it's a wonderful asset on any Garchomp. As well, a Yache Berry is a good hold item on him; with it, he can survive an Ice Beam from anything, get off a Swords Dance, and proceed to demolish the team like a wrecking ball. I'm assuming you're playing ubers if you're going competitive? That's the tier Chomp's in, anyway.

242_blissey_1_f.png

Moves:
Wish
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss
Protect

The first of the "optional walls duo" that I'll pull out in the Frontier. Because of her high HP, she doesn't go down too easily, if at all. This is the standard Wish moveset, which I might end up using as a support move if need be. Seismic Toss is the default offensive for Blissey, but if a ghost-type hits the field, then she becomes pure support.

Not really any comments here. Wish is good for support, but if you don't really think you need any Wish support go for Softboiled instead.

202_wobbuffet_1_m.png

Trait: Shadow tag
EVs: 28 HP, 228 Defense, 252 Special Defense
Moves:
Counter
Safeguard
Encore
Mirror Coat

This is the second of the "optional walls duo." Where Blissey was centered around being "too stubborn to die", this one is centered around "stalling while attacking" Safeguard is the protection against the burn and poison that is the bane of Wobbuffet, and Encore is the wild card move; I normally use it when I'm sure the enemy is going to use an attack that can be turned back by Counter/Mirror Coat. If I predict correctly, then the foe's as good as dead.

Again, no comment. Don't worry too much about counters unless you switch him in on something with status; it's likely they'll be able to get a status move in before you can use Safeguard, since Wobbuffet's so slow. After you get him in on something that can't status him, they're as good as dead, essentially.

437_bronzong_1_m.png

Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP, 52 Attack, 204 Defense
Moves:
Rest
Sleep Talk
Earthquake
Gyro Ball

Rounding out the team is this guy. The usual Rest-Talk combo prolongs Bronzong's life, and Earthquake and Gyro ball allow it to keep on the offensive. Gyro Ball in particular is deadly in that Bronzong's speed is at an abysmal 63, so if the opponent is vulnerable to steel attacks, then they're in trouble.

Once again, no problems here.

I like the way this team goes, but because I'm more or less a noob at competitive battling, I'd like some suggestions on fine-tuning it.

Your team doesn't seem noobish at all. A few Pokemon's moves need a little bit of tweaking, but otherwise it seems like it would work pretty well.

Thanks. The main reason I opted for Dragon Claw instead of Outrage was because of Outrage's confusion drawback, though now that I think of it, Garchomp's likely to die before it gets confused, so I guess that will work.

And in response to your hidden power question, it's Fighting. (Though Since I'll be replacing it with the Bolt-Beam as per your suggestion I suppose it doesn't matter.)

I suppose I will go ubers once I've perfected everything

The confusion's hardly a problem even if he does survive. Outrage does absurd damage with STAB and Swords Dance, so it's worth it in pretty much every way. (While I'm on that topic, I forgot to mention: Try to abuse Garchomp's Sand Veil. It makes him even more evil than before. Considering putting a Hippowdon on your team. His defenses are great, he has a reliable recovery move in Slack Off, and his attack isn't shabby either. Plus his Sand Stream will give your Garchomp nice support.)

Ubers is a tough metagame; you might want to consider a few legendaries on your team if you want to do it.

I use Dragon claw on my Garchomp. If you go with Outrage, give him a Lum berry or something. Wobuffet and Garchomp are both considered Ubers - I personally wouldn't follow smogon's lame rules, if you like the pokemon then just use it wherever (only not in one of their tournaments). xD

If you want to test your team out, i'm almost finished with mine and need to test it as well.

After having battled (and getting beaten by) Felidire, I've modified- and hopefully improved- my team.

452_drapion_1_m.png

Moves:
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Ice Fang
Earthquake

The reason that the picture from before wasn't shiny was because I couldn't find a shiny sprite for Platinum Drapion.
No change to this guy

474_porygon-z_1_m.png

Nature: Timid
Moves:
Nasty Plot
Tri Attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

I bred and trained a new Proygon-Z just in time for my battle last night. His special attack is no longer off the charts, but he's slightly faster.

445_garchomp_1_m.png

Held Item: Yache Berry
Moves:
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Outrage

This guy probably underwent the most changes, other than Porygon-Z. The Yahce Berry gives him one turn for swords dance (unless the enemy pulls out a dragon type) after which point I'll unload on Earthquake or Outrage. The only time I won't is in the case of a stone edge-vulnerable, like a flying type

242_blissey_1_f.png

Moves:
Wish
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss
Protect

No Changes.

491_darkrai_1_m.png

Trait: bad Dreams
Moves:
Dark Void
Dark Pulse
Spacial Rend
Thunder

Replacing Wobbuffet is this bad boy. I'm particularly proud of him, as he is not only the Event Darkrai, but he's also the first pokemon I EV trained. With that aside, this Darkrai is the epitome of death. A massive special attack and speed make him a deadly special sweeper, something he illustrates with Dark Pulse and Spacial Rend, and I doubt I need to explain Dark Void. The only problem I'm having with him is his fourth move-slot. Thunder is a good move, but I'm wondering if there's something better

450_hippowdon_1_m.png

Trait: Sand Stream
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Attack, 252 Defense
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Slack Off
Ice Fang

And replacing Bronzong is this pokemon. Despite the fact that I'm showing him last, he ends up being the one I lead off with. I usually open with Stealth Rock, then proceed to demolish the enemy with earthquake (or Ice fang in the case of flying-types,) and I'll use Slack off when necessary. In double battle, he and garchomp make a lethal combination.

----------------------------
Two Other considerations:

487_giratina_origin_1_m.png

Held Item: Griseous Orb
EVs: 92 HP, 252 Speical Attack, 164 Speed
Moves:
Draco meteor
Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball
Thunder

A combination of High HP and powerful attack make him a force to be reckoned with. Shadow Ball and Aura sphere are both great moves for G.O, and Draco meteor is for a powerful initial (for a switch after) attack, or last resort move. Thunder is- like for Darkrai -a move that I have yet to decide for.

382_kyogre_1_m.png

Held Item: Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
Nature: Modest (yes, I know Timid's better, but 1: When I caught this in Emerald, I wasn't a competitive battler and just wanted a Shiny Kyogre, and 2: that's why I got him a Choice Scarf)
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Speical Attack, 252 Speed
Moves:
Surf
Water Spout
Thunder
Ice beam

A recent addition to my Platinum ranks, this Kyogre is more deadly that Proygon-Z, at least as an opener, (And by that, I mean "Water Spout until he dies.) If I'm not opening with him, then I won't use Water Spout, especially if Spikes/Stealth rock is active. The only reason I don't have him on the team yet is because of Hippowdon; I don't think it's too good to have two weather pokemon on a team.

Any new suggestions?

Last edited:
--
Drapion: Looks fine

Porygon-Z: Looks fine

Garchomp: I'd replace Stone Edge with Fire Fang, I don't think Stone Edge covers anything that an Outrage/Earthquake combination couldn't handle. And most of the time, sweepers with a dragon/ground attack combination get walled something horrible by things like scizor, skarm, forretress, bronzong, ect. Replace Yache with Lum or Persim berry if you're going to run with Outrage, You'll just have to predict incoming Ice attacks, which isn't exactly hard.

Blissey: The moves look alright, I'd load up 252 EV's in S.Def though; Blissey isn't really made to take very many Physical hits, i'd suggest getting a Physical tank or something to absorb physical attacks. If you're considering what i'm saying on Hippowdon, then it might be a good idea to replace Protect with Calm Mind, and maybe go with a Special Attack instead of Seismic toss.

Darkrai: Replace Thunder with Nasty Plot.

Hippowdon: Hippowdon's ability will adversely affect your team, it's a physical wall, so i'd replace Ice Fang with Roar or Toxic. Giving it roar maximizes the effectiveness of your stealth rock.

-Stealth Rock will hit flyers.
-You have a bunch of other pokemon with Ice-attacks.
-You can roar away a switch-in counter (which means two pokemon get spiked).
-Roar also works as a P/haze (only use that on physical sweepers)
-If they throw in a Special Sweeper, you can just switch to Blissey and spam Calm Mind until they just have to switch out.

--
If Hippowdon's ability does hinder the rest of your team, Maybe consider replacing him with something like Tangrowth. Tangrowth has as much nicer defense, and can function as a mixed sweeper, Possibly with Leaf Storm as the special attack, and the rest of the moves being physical.

It learns Reflect, you could even give it a +Def - S.Def nature because you have a Blissey to switch in on Special Attacks. It also Learns Synthesis which compliments the use of Sunny Day (Also Doubling it's speed), which in turn would boost Garchomp's Fire Fang if you switched over in that direction. You could move Stealth Rock to Blissey (replacing Protect), or even give Blissey Aromatherapy/Heal Bell to allow other pokemon to use Rest.

I know it's a lot to consider, but you need to keep an open mind when building good team. Consider how you're going to start off, how you expect to be countered, and what pokemon you're going to switch to in response. The smoother you can switch between pokemon without taking heavy damage, the better you'll do.

I'll consider the Tangrowth as of now, but what EVs would you recommend for the Sunny Day, Reflect, Synthesis, Leaf Storm set?

There may be better suited physical walls, that was just the first thing that came to mind (and if you use it, you would want to make that you have something you can switch into Physical Fire + Bug attacks).

I'd go with 252 HP 252 DEF, or check the speed of the counters I expected, and boost his speed (with the defense EV's) so that it's high enough to out-speed them with sunny day.

Thing is, they'll have a fun time switching in Fire, Ice, Flying, or Bug in to attack it, (if you have Stealth Rock active).

Edit: Oh, and I don't recommend using those four moves all in one set, they're all just moves worth looking into. With sunny day/Synthesis you may not be able to have Reflect, or vice versa.

Moar Edit: Maybe we can get other people in here to help juggle ideas.

What about the distribution I used for G.O. (252 Hp, 92 defense, 164 speed) or something akin to that?

True. Someone like J.T. could throw in some suggestions.

252 HP / 132 Def / 126 Speed
That gives you 404 HP - 344 Defense - 334 Speed when boosted.

that's 1 speed more than Garchomp so you get the first shot against one. If you can work out a good way to two-shot a garchomp (you know they'll swords dance on the first turn, and probably try fire fang on the second turn, where you'll get first hit anyway), then that's a good set up.

Hidden Power Ice: Two-shots Garchomp.
Sunny Day + Hidden Power Fire: will definately 1-shot scizor
Sunny Day + Hidden Power Fire: has a 92% chance to two-shot a metagross with 12 S.Def EV's (which is pretty common)
Sunny Day + Hidden Power Fire: has a 100% chance to kill Skarmory.
Sunny Day + Hidden Power Fire: has a 100% Chance to 1-shot Abomasnow if it doesn't have 252 HP ev's and a significant investment in S.Def. (that's with sunny day, with hail active you 2-shot it).

The list goes on.. If you're using sunny day, blissey could probably use a mean flamethrower as well. Earthquake/Power Whip might be a good mix on Tangrowth.

A Garchomp (with no Boosts): 8-shots you with Earthquake, 5-shots you with dragon claw, and 3-shots you with Fire Fang (with sunny day active).

With one swords dance, Dragon Claw 3-shots you, and Fire Fang 2-shots.
With those figures, you'd beat a garchomp every single time (with 3 Power Whips) unless it crits.

Ah a moveset.. Off the top of my head I'd go:
-Hidden Power: Fire
-Power Whip
-Earthquake
-Sunny Day
@Leftovers // (+Def -S.def) Nature

You could even go with Solarbeam > Power Whip if you wanted, I dunno.

Last edited:
True. Someone like J.T. could throw in some suggestions.

Hahah, if you insist XD;;

Drapion's fine. (as a side note i absolutely love the shiny Skorupi/Drapion line)

Porygon-Z's good, but honestly, I'd just suggest an Alakazam. (no not at all biased nope *covers sig*) It's much faster, its special attack is just as high, and it has the added bonus feature of the ability to fuck over the enemy with Trick. At the same time, though, Adaptability's a pretty nice ability, and Nasty Plot is a huge advantage, so it's really up to preference.

The choice for Stone Edge on Chomp depends on what you want to hit. Both will kill Ice-types, but Stone Edge kills Flying-types while Fire Fang hits things like Skarmory and Bronzong who otherwise wall you completely. Yache Berry is a much better choice than Lum or Persim, Feli. Seriously, after a Swords Dance, you'll be killing things with Outrage so fast you won't even have time to worry about confusion. Besides, survivability is a bit more important; you still have a chance to attack when Garchomp's confused, but you sure as hell don't when he's dead.

Blissey looks okay, but I think putting a few more points into special defense would be important. Blissey's HP, with 0 IVs and 0 EVs, still easily tops 600. (Not at all suggesting you should do that, just something to consider; you don't need to load her down with something that's already absurdly high.)

As Feli said, Thunder's kinda pointless. Go for Nasty Plot.

It's a bit tough to lead with Hippowdon when the majority of your team is smacked around by sandstorm. He should be brought out before Garchomp, but after pretty much everything else. Aside from that, it's worthy of considering tossing Roar over Ice Fang - goes well with Stealth Rock - but Ice Fang's also okay for hitting Flying-types. Believe me, it sucks to be on your last Pokemon Hippowdon, and have the opponent go down to his last and have it turn out to be something like Skarmory, Gliscor, or any other Flying-type that resists it/uses lefties to recover sandstorm damage. If your team suffers too much from Sandstorm, I'd suggest a new wall, but I don't know if I'd go for Tangrowth. I mean, it has its ups and downs, but =/. I suggest breeding a Wish Vaporeon if you want something like that; my old one was a salty sumbitch, almost never went down. I owed that thing so many battles. If not Vaporeon, there are plenty of options, like Skarmory, Dusknoir, or Cresselia.

Giratina-O looks pretty good. Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere, incidentally, have perfect coverage; they hit everything in the game for at least neutral. Thunder is a bad idea, again.

Kyogre's not bad. Modest isn't terrible, especially when you have a Choice Scarf up. Things are gonna die pretty hard when he comes up. It's actually not a terrible idea to put Kyogre in there alongside Hippowdon; it's nice to be able to negate sandstorm once it loses its point of giving Garchomp Sand Veil.

For Feli's Tangrowth idea. It's not a bad idea - Tangrowth can hit pretty hard, and it's good at sucking up hits. Problem is, the instant anything pops up with any sort of special attack that could be super effective, it's dead. A Pokemon that's a bit more well-rounded would be more appealing. Still, the fact that its speed is doubled in sun (or immune to status in sun, take your pick) helps out a bit. It's a viable option for a defensive-minded attacker, but there are better walls out there.

Vaporeon's good, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a physical wall.
Yache Berry is a much better choice than Lum or Persim, Feli. Seriously, after a Swords Dance, you'll be killing things with Outrage so fast you won't even have time to worry about confusion. Besides, survivability is a bit more important; you still have a chance to attack when Garchomp's confused, but you sure as hell don't when he's dead.
If you say so, but you shouldn't be letting him get hit with ice either way. Outrage is a queue for the opponent to just switch in something else and set up on you, anything steel is particularly good at doing this. After your Outrage wears off (and you get confused), there's a half dead metal thing sitting there with stat boosts ready to wtfpwn you.

From there, you can either switch out, or risk killing yourself. Now if you have lum/persim, you just turn around, fire fang, your counter is dead, you continue sweeping(at least, you have a much better chance of doing this with a lum or a persim).

The thing is, if they're going to use ice, he should switch to blissey, and also have something that resists physical-Ice attacks. (Vaporeon -could- do this, but I wouldn't rely on it too much).
For Feli's Tangrowth idea. It's not a bad idea - Tangrowth can hit pretty hard, and it's good at sucking up hits. Problem is, the instant anything pops up with any sort of special attack that could be super effective, it's dead.
And that's why he's got a blissey.

I think what he should do.. Is pick the 5 pokemon he wants the most, think of all the counters, then pick a 6th pokemon according on those counters. Then consider the counters for that 6th pokemon and take measures to balance it out. Keep doing that until you have what you consider the best possible team.

I've got two possibilities for a Physical Wall: Cressellia or Deoxys-D, though I'm not sure what kind of moveset would work with the two of them. What's a recommended wall moveset for either of the two?

I'd recommend using cresselia because at least it's not considered uber like most of the others. It would also make a nice switch-in from Blissey (who's about to get punched).

It's probably just my weird way of thinking, but I wonder what would happen if you had rest+sleep talk+psycho shift all in one moveset. Furthermore, I wonder if the sleep status would last 1-2 turns, or if it would last the full duration of a sleep effect..

Um.. Well there's: Thunder wave; trick-band (is decent, but not so much for a tank); Psychic would be the main attack (obviously); I would use rest as the healing move, as opposed to Moonlight, it has more of a stalling feel to it - which could be acompanied by {Sleep Talk+Psycho Shift} or {Recycle+Chesto/Lum Berry}, if you like that idea.

I'd load up on: 252 HP + 252 DEF, then check other pokemon to see if there's anything you need to out-speed, (Which I doubt you will). You can either go in the stall-direction, using Rest + status. Or you can go more in the sweeper direction, using Calm Mind and 1-2 attacks.

For Cresselia, a good moveset would be:
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect

Reflect can help Blissey out as well with physical moves should Cress get pwned by a powerful special attack. Thunder Wave neuters faster sweepers. Moonlight is probably Cress's best recovery move, although it can be unreliable, because the moment a sandstorm boots up it's recovery is halved. If you really fear that, Rest is an option, but I don't know if being out of commission for two turns is worth it. It could work if you toss a Chesto berry on her, but then you're missing out on Lefties recovery.
Ice Beam's better than Psychic because of its coverage. Psychic isn't super-effective on many types (in fact, iirc, only Fighting and Poison are weak to it), whereas Ice Beam can handle tons of stuff. If you want both, you could drop Thunder Wave or Reflect for Psychic if you want. Alternatively, you could use Charge Beam; its 60% chance to boost your special attack can be mean after a few hits, especially on something as bulky as Cresselia.
As for nature and EVs, it's your call over Bold or Calm. Keep in mind, though, that Cress' special defense is slightly higher than her defense, and Blissey is already taking up your special wall roll. For your team, I'd suggest Bold. Then, max HP and Defense for EVs, maybe putting the last 4 into Special Attack. Or Special Defense. Or something.

Now, Deoxys-D. I've never actually used one, so I can't offer much help here. Taking a look at its base stats, though, it looks like the Uber brother of Shuckle; sure, his defense is massive, but his HP will be a serious let-down. In fact, if my calculations are right and my calculator doesn't suck, Cresselia has better overall defense anyway, all because of her higher HP.

Having finally managed to capture and EV Train a good Cresselia, I'm updating my Team.

452_drapion_1_m.png

Moves:
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Ice Fang
Earthquake

No change to this guy

474_porygon-z_1_m.png

Moves:
Nasty Plot
Tri Attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

No Change

445_garchomp_1_m.png

Held Item: Persim Berry
Moves:
Fire Fang
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Outrage

A few slight changes to this fellow. I gave him a Persim berry to compensate for Outrage, and swapped Fire fang for Stone Edge

242_blissey_1_f.png

EVs: 252 HP, 4 Defense, 252 Special Defense
Moves:
Ice beam
Thunder Wave
Softboiled
Calm mind

Many changes to this Blissey, and also another reason why it took so long to update. I've yet to try my hand in using this Special Wall, but I look forward to it.

491_darkrai_1_m.png

Moves:
Dark Void
Dark Pulse
Spacial Rend
Thunder

The only reason I've yet to change him is that I used my only heart Scale on Garchomp, and i can't find another one for Nasty plot. Once I do find one, it'll replace Thunder

Spr_4p_488.png

EVs: 252 HP, 4 Special Defense, 252 Defense
Moves:
Thunder Wave
Refelct
Moonlight
Ice Beam

And replacing Hippowdon is this wall, made from J.T.'s suggestion. It's an almsot exact replica of Blissey, if you just swap Calm mind for reflect and softboiled for moonlight. Much like my new Blissey, i have yet to test this wall out
----------------------------
One Other consideration:

382_kyogre_1_m.png

Moves:
Surf
Water Spout
Thunder
Ice beam

I've Scrapped G.O, as I figure I can't put them both in the team. I want to have this steamroller in, but I can't decide who to take out.

Any new suggestions?

Having finally managed to capture and EV Train a good Cresselia, I'm updating my Team.

Cool.

445_garchomp_1_m.png

Held Item: Persim Berry
Moves:
Fire Fang
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Outrage

A few slight changes to this fellow. I gave him a Persim berry to compensate for Outrage, and swapped Fire fang for Stone Edge

The Fire Fang choice is fine, but having a Yache berry down is so, so much more important than loss of confusion; if you're having that much trouble with Outrage's confusion, maybe just replace it with Dragon Claw, although a Swords Danced Outrage will be killing almost anything.

242_blissey_1_f.png

EVs: 252 HP, 4 Defense, 252 Special Defense
Moves:
Ice beam
Thunder Wave
Softboiled
Calm mind

Many changes to this Blissey, and also another reason why it took so long to update. I've yet to try my hand in using this Special Wall, but I look forward to it.

Calm Mind? Boosting your special defense is literally pointless on something like Blissey, and boosting special attack isn't all that big a deal anyway; Seismic Toss or Toxic will do pretty much everything you need in the damage department.

491_darkrai_1_m.png

Moves:
Dark Void
Dark Pulse
Spacial Rend
Thunder

The only reason I've yet to change him is that I used my only heart Scale on Garchomp, and i can't find another one for Nasty plot. Once I do find one, it'll replace Thunder

Focus Blast is a nice option when used in conjunction with Shadow Ball; together, they have perfect coverage, hitting every Pokemon in the game for neutral. Dark Pulse is a good STAB move, though. Other than that, nothing to bring up.

Spr_4p_488.png

EVs: 252 HP, 4 Special Defense, 252 Defense
Moves:
Thunder Wave
Refelct
Moonlight
Ice Beam

And replacing Hippowdon is this wall, made from J.T.'s suggestion. It's an almsot exact replica of Blissey, if you just swap Calm mind for reflect and softboiled for moonlight. Much like my new Blissey, i have yet to test this wall out

Looks good. If you want a Calm Mind tank, though, this is the one to put it on. Cress is absolutely evil after one Calm Mind in terms of tanking, and behind a Reflect she can absorb everything and smack back with a huge Ice Beam. It's a valid option, and you can consider either replacing Thunder Wave or Reflect for it.

382_kyogre_1_m.png

Moves:
Surf
Water Spout
Thunder
Ice beam

I've Scrapped G.O, as I figure I can't put them both in the team. I want to have this steamroller in, but I can't decide who to take out.

Any new suggestions?

Yeah, Kyogre is absolute evil. Drapion would be a nice thing to replace for Kyogre, as would Porygon-Z. Up to you, really, what you want to switch out.

Team's coming aong well. Good luck with it.

Commenting on youtr old Pory-Z:

404 special attack, and it's a pokemon that comes from a computer, lol...

Back
Top Bottom