• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror speedrun attempt thing

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
So! I realized pretty recently that I can actually run KatAM 100% without stopping pretty well. Only problem: death and not-100% (I'll explain in a second).

I started a new file and played straight through earlier today. The time was approximately 2:09. Actually, I missed one of the sections that would make it... um, something like 2:14 maybe. I've nearly memorized the routes I used, but apparently I missed a little... This is why I say "approximately" 2:09: I had to stop and check the maps to see what it was that I still needed to do (especially near the ends).

Now for the route. I essentially use this walkthrough as my route, with two exceptions: the Moonlit Mansion guide states to go up as far as the Candy Constellation warp star, then to call the star back home and head to Cabbage Cavern. I don't do this. I go through that part of the Mansion for the first time en route to Candy Constellation. Secondly, the Mustard Mountain part says to "go through the door under the Star Blocks.", break some Hard Blocks for a Music Sheet later, turn around and "go through the door in the Bomb Block". Later in the Mountain, it says to "go through the door behind the Star Blocks". Instead of going through that door twice, I go through the Bomb Blocks the first time, and then later grab Stone on the way to that room, collect the Music Sheet under the Star Blocks and continue on.

I probably can't give you excellent descriptions of my strategy, other than saying I spam Burning and Wheel. The any% speedrun spams Smash - would it be worth it to change the route significantly so I get Smash earlier?

I don't have a video or any sample of speedrunning ability to offer. However, I'd still like input on what I'm currently going for. A 36% speedrun gets 40 minutes; what would a 100% speedrun be expected to get? How can I change my route and strategy to optimize it?

I'm not even sure if I'll ever be able to speedrun it optimally, but it's nice to dream, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom