• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of my Emerald team?

Flygon1

Also known as Hyozanryu
Pronoun
they
I really never use Diamond, so here is my Emerald team. All are level 100.

Swampert
HP-336 TACKLE - and yes, I know I need to replace this with Ice Beam.
ATK-264 MUD SHOT - Redundant, eh? I like it.
DEF-209 SURF
SP. ATK-224 EARTHQUAKE
SP. DEF-197
SPEED-175 Leftovers

Flygon
HP-321 CRUNCH
ATK-234 EARTHQUAKE
DEF-191 DRAGON CLAW
SP. ATK-212 FLY
SP. DEF-208
SPEED-240 Focus Band

Blaziken
HP-325 DOUBLE KICK - Please note the fact I am training a replacement Blaziken.
ATK-277 SKY UPPERCUT
DEF-183 BLAZE KICK
SP. ATK-274 SLASH
SP. DEF-171
SPEED-229 Will get a Scope Lens for Slash.

Breloom
HP-283 ugh SKY UPPERCUT
ATK-307 MACH PUNCH
DEF-165 MEGA DRAIN
SP. ATK-157 GIGA DRAIN
SP. DEF-177
SPEED-188 Not really sure what to give this. I rarely use my Breloom, so I don't care too much.

Kyogre
HP-368 BODY SLAM
ATK-249 SURF
DEF-218 ICE BEAM
SP. ATK-336 WATER SPOUT
SP. DEF-267
SPEED-237 Nevermeltice - I can't think of anything better. It's been so long since I used my Kyogre.

I am also currently training a Blaziken with Rock Slide, Flamethrower, Sky Uppercut and Thunderpunch to improve on the one I currently have. And I know that Mantine will destroy my main Battle Frontier team (Flygon, Blaziken and Swampert), as I have sadly found out. Please comment.

If we knew natures, that would be best for help, since they can make a big difference when battling other people. Usually, ubers (AKA most legendarie,s like Kyogre) aren't used in competitive battling, but whatever floats your boat.

Effort training would also help, so if they have some effort values, it would be useful to know those as well, instead of their stats.

Swampert's Mud Shot can be replaced with Protect if you wish, unless you need a weak move, which is rare. He can get EVs of 240 HP, 216 Attack and 52 Special Attack, to help with the fact that all Water moves are special in Emerald. A great nature would be Brave or Quiet.

Flygon should have Flamethrower or Fire Blast instead of Fly to ward off those Ice-types like Glalie. His effort can be 252 Attack, 216 Speed and 40 HP. Nature is really up to you, although don't choose Calm or Bold.

The replacement Blaziken's moveset is great. I'm not sure about the nature though. Good EVs are 216 Attack, 40 Special Attack, 80 HP and 174 Speed.

Breloom's Mega Drain should be replaced with Spore, and Mach Punch can be replaced with Focus Punch. Use Spore first, and then Focus Punch. :) He should get 44 HP, 252 Attack and 212 Speed in effort. An Adamant nature would work fine, I'm sure, although Giga Drain is kind of iffy with the lowering of Special Attack...

Kyogre's Special Attack is WAY better than his attack, so Body Slam can be replaced with Thunder (the TM is bought at the department store in Lilycove). His effort can be 6 HP, 252 Special Attack and 252 Speed. For him, a Modest nature is best.

Back
Top Bottom