• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Video game glitches

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
I don't think there's a topic for this yet, so I figured I might as well post one: what are some glitches you've pulled off or discovered in video games?

Well, I found three (if the third can be counted a glitch), all SM64:

I was in Jolly Roger Bay, trying to get into the sunken ship (as it's still sunken). Now, I think that the outside of the ship and the inside (with the treasure chests) are two separate areas; this is actually confirmed by a glitch that allows you to swim through a wall and get outside the ship - you end up in a "secret lagoon" that is all water except for the ship. For this glitch, the outside ship (the physical ship that's underwater when you enter to the level) is the 'big ship', and the inside area - the area with the treasure chests and the star - is the 'small ship'. I was trying to get into the warp to the small ship, the black hole in the ledge on the big ship. So after swimming into a bit I pop right into the ship. The big ship. I missed the warp to the small ship and am now swimming around inside the big ship. Didn't have much time to explore, though, for my health was low and I drowned a few seconds later. Still weird, though...

I'm in Big Boo's Haunt trying to get up to the Big Boo's Balcony star (that took forever x_x), and at one point I just switch to the close-up view to see if there's anything I've missed about getting up to the star, which I couldn't do because I kept sliding off the house. I zoom back out of close-up, fall off the house as normal, but when I go in... the camera view's normal. Not fixed like in the castle and in the mansion normally. Normal - I can control it as I would were it a regular course with the regular camera stuff. This kept up until I got the star a while later. Weird...

Lastly: I was in Shifting Sand Land trying to jump on top of the roof where the koopa shell and the wing cap are, but in this particular instance I miss the roof and pass underneath it. I do a side flip, but the roof gets in the way, and when Mario falls down from the flip I jump away immediately. Mario starts going back and forth between visibility and invisibility - invisibility like "you can't see him at all", not vanish-cap invisibility. It lasted only a second, though...

I found a copy of Super Mario Bros. (the original one) and an NES, and I decided to try out the Minus World glitch. IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!! :D

I also discovered a glitch in SSBB. I was the Ice Climbers on 75m, and for some reason that I can't remember, Popo was on one of the bottom platforms while Nana was under it. I kept on using my Up-Tilt, which caused Nana to repeatedly use her Up-Air, and she just stayed floating under the platform.

After a while, I decided to stop, and Nana fell to her death. :)

Super Mario 64...oh so fun with glitches, well, one that I liked doing, I self-turboed long jump going backwards and I shot up the endless stairs. :3

guys guys guys you've forgotten the obvious.
picture.php

Oh, damn you Dewgong.

Missingno, can't tell if it's more fun in red or blue.
In blue, becomes a kangaskhan with sky attack, water gun, and water gun. I messed with 'M, I caught one, put an exp all in my bag, defeated another 'M, and got 0 exp shared throughout my party. 'M became level 100 off of it, =.=

In red, well, I caught about 3 missingno and then put them into battle where they proceeded to blow up the sprites of opposing pokemon.

Missingno, can't tell if it's more fun in red or blue.
In blue, becomes a kangaskhan with sky attack, water gun, and water gun. I messed with 'M, I caught one, put an exp all in my bag, defeated another 'M, and got 0 exp shared throughout my party. 'M became level 100 off of it, =.=

In red, well, I caught about 3 missingno and then put them into battle where they proceeded to blow up the sprites of opposing pokemon.

Um. I have Red and my MissingNo. Evolved into a Kanga as well.

Back
Top Bottom