• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Zangoose, Seviper, and Evolution?

Spatz

Egahds, I've been gone a long while!
Looking at it, the two of them deserved an evolution in the DPPt. Gen, and it could've been possible, using razor fang and claw. Please discuss.

Yeah... now that you think about it, it DOES seem like a good idea! Zangoose gets a mouthful of fangs, and Seviper grows arms!

LOL, just kidding. :)

I'm serious this time.
That's an EPIC idea! I wonder why Game Freak doesn't consider stuff like this. :/

One of the most common complaints about the fourth generation was the number of evolutions/pre evolutions, and you want more?

This is why I left, this place confuses me

One of the most common complaints about the fourth generation was the number of evolutions/pre evolutions, and you want more?

This is why I left, this place confuses me

Actually, it was the number of uneeded evolutions. Some of the weaker pokemon could have used evolutions, but instead we got random ones out of the blue(Was Tangrowth and Lickilicky really neccesary?). Then Dusclops got one while Banete didn't.

Zangoose and Seviper, however, could use an actual evolution. Not exactly needed, but they could use one.

I could see that, evelutions for the both of em. It makes more sense than several of the evelutions that gamefreak has come up with. They'll probably do something for fifth gen with them, although maybe we'd get a prevo, which would be a little odd. I wonder why they're mortal enimies in the first place.

And i have to agree with the post above, a bunch of the evelutions were just plain stupid and/or unesessary. Magmotar. I just don't think i'll ever get used to it. The prevo is okay, but the evelution is just wierd.

I could see that, evelutions for the both of em. It makes more sense than several of the evelutions that gamefreak has come up with. They'll probably do something for fifth gen with them, although maybe we'd get a prevo, which would be a little odd. I wonder why they're mortal enimies in the first place.

Zangoose is suposedly a mongoose while Seviper is a snake. Mongooses and cobras are natural enemys so this was just a play off of that.
Oh, and I do think that they could make some amazingly awesome evos for both of them. Their primo material.

Mind you, think about their stats. I checked them, and from what I saw they're very unlikely to get an evolved form, a pre-evolved form is much more likely.

yeah theyre confirmed for 5gen god havent u been checking the news?

vython.gif
(this is the only 1 i could find a sprit 4)

Mind you, think about their stats. I checked them, and from what I saw they're very unlikely to get an evolved form, a pre-evolved form is much more likely.

Mind you that Blissey was barely made better than Chansey. Just like five more stats in each. Scyther was evolved, and other than legends, it has the best stats for a first stage. So it's possible that evolutions could happen, and prevos now that it's been mentioned many times.

if zangoose does end up getting an evolution, i doubt i'll like it. Zangoose is one of my favorite pokemon. i don't really care for seviper that much, though.

yeah theyre confirmed for 5gen god havent u been checking the news?

vython.gif
(this is the only 1 i could find a sprit 4)

*snort*

I predict that Zangoose/Seviper will get a pre-evolution, not a evolution. Don't know why, I just have a feeling. And those feelings are usually right. :grin:

Why aren't people ever happy with single Pokemon? All the superfluous evos and pre-evos in DP just were over the top? Why more? Sure, Zangoose and Seviper might have cool pre-evos or evolved forms, but, even so, it would seem like too much to me. They should focus more on original Pokemon than adding to past families.

Agreeing with Minkow here.
Why do you people think that adding an evolution to an already good pokemon makes it better? Not every pokemon has to evolve, and that's what I like about them. It's like Absol all over again.
Just leave them alone. Seviper is like my favorite pokemon and I love them just the way they are, without any dumb evolutions (seriously I wish they'd stop making up new ways to evolve).

Why do you people think that adding an evolution to an already good pokemon makes it better? Not every pokemon has to evolve, and that's what I like about them. It's like Absol all over again.
Just leave them alone. Seviper is like my favorite pokemon and I love them just the way they are, without any dumb evolutions (seriously I wish they'd stop making up new ways to evolve).

Okay, I partially agree with that, BUT most of the single, no-evolution Pokémon are a lot weaker than fully evolved forms, making them fairly useless for competitive battling and, to a lesser degree, in-game. With my favorite Pokémon being Absol, I'd love to see evolutions to some of the cooler 'loners' (Zangoose and Seviper included). If Nintendo is going to make Pokémon that will never evolve, they need comparable stats to those that have evolved.

That said, I'm still mad about Magmortar, Electivire, most baby Pokémon, and Rhyperior.

I agree with sections of above posts, but knowing nintendo/gamefreak, they'll do it. I'm more of suprised they didn't give more use to that claw and fang than just single evo. At the moment (still tired) I can't think of a unique way of evolving involving an item holding pokemon other than the actual item. And Stones need to be reimbersed, their only purpose is first gen evos. (Fire, Leaf, Thunder, and Water) Or first/second (Moon and Sun) or Second/Third (Dawn, Dusk, Shiny)

Poor Porygon, upgraded to much that it got a virus. Poor thing...

I agree with the last part why don't they just put more uses
to the old stones. I mean look
at the thunderstone there are only two
evolution families that need it.

Mind you that Blissey was barely made better than Chansey. Just like five more stats in each. Scyther was evolved, and other than legends, it has the best stats for a first stage. So it's possible that evolutions could happen, and prevos now that it's been mentioned many times.

That's why Scyther needs a Pre-evo.. I've been calling for one since Gen 3. A cute little nymph, maybe 2 and a half to 3 feet tall, with smaller, more rounded features, and no wings... pure bug type... maybe 70 base attack and speed...

^ That could be interesting.

Thinking about the Zangoose-Seviper evolution thing, I...don't think it would be a good idea anymore. The Pokédex entries say those two are mortal enemies, not that their evolutions are mortal enemies. It would be very difficult to evolve without going against all that has been revealed so far. Besides, both of them are dang cool as it is...maybe they deserve prevos, though.

Back
Top Bottom