• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt I need some movesets for my team.

Lollicat

The speling qeen
For competitive battling, my loves~

I'm revamping my competitive Platinum team. This time, I'm going to abuse underused Pokemon (mostly, anyway) which was difficult on my part for selection, but I've chosen a few. I know a couple of moves that they should have, and I'm training them for their part in the battle, but I'm not sure on some moves. This is where you come in~

[Blissey/Leftovers]
Serene Grace/Quirky
-Follow Me
-Sing
-???
-???
Since I'm into double battles, Blissey will have super defense and special defense. And, obviously, HP is great too. Blissey uses Follow Me, so that the opponents are only whittling down her health, and her partner is free to attack.

[Absol/I dunno what item yet.]
Super Luck/Hasty
-Sucker Punch
-Superpower
-????
-????
Absol is for....attacking, silly. xD Actually, I need the other two moves to determine who he works with and his role and all that good stuff.

[Gardevoir/I dunno. owo]
Trace/Jolly
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-???
-???
Backup. Again. I'm actually not too sure what to do with her.

[Lucario/Life Orb, maybe?]
Steadfast/Serious
-Aura Sphere
-Extremespeed
-Focus Punch
-???
Pure, brute force. I need the other moves to really determine though. Focus Punch abuses Lucario's ability to raise its speed if the punch fails.

[Aerodactyl/???]
Rock Head/Sassy
-Take Down
-AncientPower
-???
-???
Take down, since Rock Head prevents recoil, will be a big one here. Otherwise...I dunno. owo

[Drapion/???]
Battle Armor/Bold
-Cross Poison
-Aerial Ace
-Ice Fang
-X-Scissor
...Help? xD As you can see, I got Drapion off of the GTS, who used a hacker to catch the elite four's Drapion.

... underused? Most of this are standard or BL.

What's with all the neutral natures?

I have mentioned this before, but I'm really no competitive battler myself, but I can try to help.

SoftBoiled on Blissey is a must, when Blissey have SoftBoiled your enemy won't be able to take it down. The last place could use Ice Beam, as otherwise Ghost-Types can become a huge pain. *Looks at Gengar*

Absol have some good choices, really, amongst others there are Rock Edge, Psycho Cut and Swords Dance, Rock Edge and Psycho Cut both have raised Critical Hit ratio, so you'll be hitting high often, since you use Super Luck. Swords Dance can be used to raise Absol's monstrous attack even more.

Gardevoir can use Psychic just for the STAB, the last spot could be Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball and so on.

I'm not sure about Lucario, it has so many choices for that last spot.

And I've never used or planned to use Aerodactyl or Drapion, so I really don't have any suggestions.

OKAY actually looking a bit more now. Why does your Blissey have Serene Grace instead of Natural Cure? Why the hell do you have a Jolly Gardevoir and Bold Drapion?

If you list natures, you should probably make sure that the natures don't really suck.

Yes, they are EV trained as follows...

Blissey: 252 Def/40 SpAtk/216 SpDef
Absol: 252 Atk/40 SpAtk/216 Speed
Gardevoir: 252 HP/48 SpAtk/176 SpDef/32 Speed
Lucario: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed
Aerodactyl: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Drapion: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed

Or at least this is what I plan to do...so tell me before I start. Oh yeah, and I'm kinda stupid when it comes to this whole ability/nature/EV/IV sort of thing, so if you need to explode in frustration, at least do it nicely ^^";

Um. Go look up your natures somewhere, please. :( Jolly is -spatk +spd.

To start with, neutral natures are never good.

Don't go with Serene Grace on Blissey if you have nothing that takes advantage of it. Natural Cure is always good; Serene Grace is good if you have an attack move with added effects.

Okay, let's sort out your natures.

This is just an estimation and it completely depends on what you personally want to do:

A Blissey with 252 Def EVs definitely needs a Bold nature so it can withstand most physical attacks.
Bold: -atk, +def.

Absol and Aerodactyl should be adamant or jolly. Absol's poor defenses make hasty a poor nature. Physical Lucario would want to be adamant.
Adamant: -sp. atk, +atk.
Jolly: -sp. atk, +spd.

Gardevoir and special Lucario would want to be modest.
Modest: -atk, +sp. atk.

Drapion depends on what you're doing with it. Bold is wrong though as it cuts attack which is its strongest form of dealing damage.

Actually, on something like Gardevoir, she needs some help with speed since it's rather low, and her special attack's already pretty high. Go with Timid. With Lucario, Modest or Timid will work; it depends on what you want.

Also thought I'd point out that I don't believe Focus Punch flinching activates Steadfast; I've never tried, though. Either way, you'd have to have something stuck into something Lucario resists to be able to survive and abuse it; unless it's something like Outrage that keeps them from switching out, they'll probably switch out a Choice Pokemon stuck into something you resist anyway. Granted, you get a free punch in on whatever's next, but it might be a ghost and go to waste anyway.

(not gonna cover the natures because everyone else has done that)

Absol needs Swords Dance. Big attack boost ftw. It might be hard to find an opportunity to pull off one because it doesn't prompt as many switches as something like Scizor (whose only weakness is 4x Fire), but once you do, expect some pain to go around. Another move option? Stone Edge is good coverage, but it's rather inaccurate. Night Slash gets a STAB boost, but you already have a Dark-type move in Sucker Punch. Psycho Cut is another way to cover the slower Fighting-types that Absol hates running into, like Machamp, but Psychic coverage overall is kinda lame. All of them boast a high-crit rate, which pairs beautifully with Super Luck. As for items, you can toss a Scope Lens on to boost your crit rate unbelievably high; in fact, with Scope Lens, Super Luck, and a high-crit move, you have a 50% chance at a crit, and a 33.3% chance with every other move. If you'd prefer constant damage, Life Orb is a nice option.

The problem with Follow Me on Blissey is that you can't use it when there's a physical attacker, or they'll reduce her to paste. It's a nice option, but be careful when using it, especially on mixed attackers. Other than that, Softboiled and Wish are great options; Wish lets you heal your team by switching out after using it, but Softboiled is a good option for quick, Blissey-only healing. I'd get rid of Sing for Seismic Toss, because it's wonderful to be able to whittle opponents down rather easily. Flamethrower and Ice Beam allow you to hit Ghost-types, while Toxic helps Blissey stall. The problem with Toxic/Seismic Toss is that she can't do shit to Gengar.

Gardy won't be surviving too many hits anyway, so there's not really a point in Dream Eater. Paired with the fact that it's way too reliant on Hypnosis, which is inaccurate, and you're setting yourself up for a loss. Dream Eater should go. Replace it with Psychic; sure, it's weaker and you don't recover health, but at the same time you can still fall back on something else when Hypnosis misses. The next two moves are a dilemma. Do you want pure power, or status support? Focus Blast is a good move for destroying Dark-types that otherwise would eat Gardy for lunch. Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp are both great status moves; TWave cripples sweepers' speed, and Wisp weakens and destroys walls. If you have decent prediction, you can hit with Hypnosis, then TWave/Wisp what they switch in. I'd also suggest a Trick Specs set, consisting of Hypnosis, Psychic, Focus Blast, and Trick, with Gardevoir holding Choice Specs or Choice Scarf. At the beginning of the battle, Trick the Choice item onto a physical sweeper, hopefully maiming them while they attempt to set up and forcing a switch. Even if you don't see an opening, the speed/power boost is nice. It should also be noted that Focus Blast and Shadow Ball produce perfect coverage; everything in the game takes at least neutral damage from it.

I gotta go, so I can't look at the rest of the team. Maybe later.

Back
Top Bottom