• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My attempt to get active in the forums again...

Tropiking

Wow, it's been a while. I haven't been active on these forums in a long while so here's my attempt to do so again. When I was on here last I could only do splices or fusions for the most part. I've been more into scratching now.

Scratches

Fakemon:

Cankyl, Metaur, and Ankylotohn

Revamped_Cankyl_by_Tropiking.png
Metaur_by_Tropiking.png
Ankylotohn_by_Tropiking.png

Sotter, Sleak, and Aquatter

Sotter_Revamp_by_Tropiking.png
Sleak_by_Tropiking.png
Aquatter_Revamp_by_Tropiking.png

Cimbear, Torzly, and Grizire

Cimbear_by_Tropiking.png
Torzly_by_Tropiking.png
Grizire_by_Tropiking.png

Coonix and Noctake

Coonix_by_Tropiking.png
Noctake_by_Tropiking.png

Lylark, Lylark's first evo (currently un-named), and Falcunder

Lylark_by_Tropiking.png
Electric_Bird_Evo_Fakemon_by_Tropiking.png
Electric_Bird_Final_Fakemon_by_Tropiking.png

Pudock and Mastan

Pudock_by_Tropiking.png
Mastan_by_Tropiking.png

Ralo and Levitor

Ralo_by_Tropiking.png
Levitor_by_Tropiking.png

Robble and Talboar

Robble_by_Tropiking.png
Talboar_by_Tropiking.png

Brozen and Blizziord

Brozen_by_Tropiking.png
Blizziord_by_Tropiking.png

Tanteer, Atnog, and Forrantoss

Tanteer_by_Tropiking.png
Atnog_by_Tropiking.png
Forrantoss_by_Tropiking.png

Emsin, Scorva, and Volcerix

Emsin_by_Tropiking.png
Scorva_by_Tropiking.png
Volcerix_by_Tropiking.png

Raptary, Carnitark, and Raptark

Raptary_Revamp_by_Tropiking.png
Raptor_2nd_Stage_Fakemon_by_Tropiking.png
Raptark_by_Tropiking.png

Fawntler

Stantler_Prevo_by_Tropiking.png

Real Pokemon:

Bubasaur_by_Tropiking.png
Venusaur_by_Tropiking.png

Charmander_by_Tropiking.png
Charizard_by_Tropiking.png

Squirtle_by_Tropiking.png
Blastoise_by_Tropiking.png

Caterpie_by_Tropiking.png
Metapod_by_Tropiking.png
Butterfree_by_Tropiking.png

Pidgeot_by_Tropiking.png

Raticate_by_Tropiking.png

Pikachu_by_Tropiking.png

Arcanine_by_Tropiking.png

Drowzee_by_Tropiking.png

Chikorita_by_Tropiking.png

Cyndaquil_by_Tropiking.png

Totodile_by_Tropiking.png

Phanpy_by_Tropiking.png

Houndoom_by_Tropiking.png

Scizor_by_Tropiking.png

Treecko_by_Tropiking.png

Flygon_by_Tropiking.png

Shinx_by_Tropiking.png

Gliscor_by_Tropiking.png

Garchomp_by_Tropiking.png

Misc.:

Overworld House

My_First_Overworld_House_by_Tropiking.png

Overworld Tree

My_First_Overworld_Tree_by_Tropiking.png

Tanteer Overworld

Tanteer_Overworld_by_Tropiking.png

Robble Overworld

Robble_Overworld_by_Tropiking.png

Empoleon as a frog

Empoleon_as_a_Frog_by_Tropiking.png

Prehistoric Dragonair

Prehistoric_Dragonair_by_Tropiking.png

Futuristic Charizard

Futuristic_Charizard_by_Tropiking.png

Medieval Pokemon Battle

Medieval_Pokemon_Battle_by_Tropiking.png

Fusions

Super Bug Fusion (Beedrill, Heracross, Scyther, Armaldo, and Pinsir)

Super_Bug_by_Tropiking.png

Torteptutor (Exegutor, Torterra, and Sceptile splice)

Torteptutor_by_Tropiking.png

Taurterenido (Nidorina, Tauros, Mightyena, and Torterra splice)

Taurterenido_by_Tropiking.png

Garchialanite (Garchomp, Dialga, Salamence, and Dragonite 100% scratch splice)

Garchialanite_by_Tropiking.png

Dratoxirhycor (Drapion, Toxicroak, Gliscor, and Rhydon 100% scratch splice)

Dratoxirhycor_by_Tropiking.png

Blue Fusion (Dratini, Feraligatr, Kingdra, and Golduck)

Blue_Fusion_by_Tropiking.gif

Revamps

Silver_Version_Nidorina_Revamp_by_Tropiking.gif

Silver_Version_Lapras_Revamp_by_Tropiking.gif

Well, that's it for now. I'll post more stuff when I get stuff done. Also, I'm kind of out of ideas for fakemon right now so if some of you could post ideas for animals or things that you think would make good Pokemon that would be great. Thanks.​

Last edited:
Whoa o.o
These scratches are incredible. The light source looks a bit different and all, but it's fine if you don't shade DP style.
The only complaint I'd have would be the Shinx, it looks somewhat awkward.

I actually managed to get a new scratch done! And not only that, a fakemon! I've been really stumped on ideas for fakemon but I finally came up with one.

Coonix_by_Tropiking.png

Coonix, the baby raccoon Pokemon.

On a side note, how many people would be interested in a weekly spriting contest? It would be like the one over on the Serebii forums if you're wondering. I already have permission to start it, I'm just wondering how many people would actually enter.

Depends on theme and effort put in it. If it's one of them amatour contests that were on this forum before (Splice this and this and I'll give you a trophie!), then I won't. However, if you'll have interesting themes and enough information, then I probably will. Also, will you be give criticism to the sprites entered?

It will definitely not be like those old contests. Every week will be a different theme. If you want to see what it will be like, go to the spriting section of the Serebii forum and click on the WSC. The way to win would be a voting system instead of just me deciding. Winners would receive a spot in a Hall of Fame and multiple winners would recieve a trophy (Not one that takes 10 minutes to make either!). Since there is some interest I most likely do it and start it around a week or two from now.

Yes I love that idea. Reminds me of the contests at TrsRockin that got me into spriting in the first place.

I like the contest idea.

The only nitpick I have is that the scratched Bulbasaur's legs seem too long. You're really good at scratches, and I also like the splices. Great work.

Welcome back, by the way.

I would LOVE contests, I personally think it's a great idea! I agree with everyone else that your scratches are VERY good, the only thing that bothers me is the Charizard sprite in general, and the fact that some of them are kind of too fat in my opinion. Empoleon as a frog is AWESOME, it makes me laugh.

Your sprites are excellent. =) I especially like the lineart and the fakemon concepts. I do have a few pieces of advice, though; most of your sprites have many dots of black in the outlines (Talboar and Forrantoss have some of the most). This makes the outlines look a little perforated and jagged; maybe that's part of your style, but if you're willing to change that, I think your sprites would look a lot smoother with fewer dots in the outlines.

Also (and I'm mainly noticing this on your official Pokémon scratches), watch out for pillow shading. There should only be one light source. =)

As a side note, I'd be interested in participating in your spriting contest. Might give me a little more incentive to finish something... xD;

Well, the real pokemon scratches are a bit disproportionate, but other than that, wow! You are a really great spriter.

I might be interested in a weekly spriting contest, but it would all depend on how I feel atm and what you are asking me to do.

No new scratches this time but I do have a five way fusion.

Super_Bug_by_Tropiking.png

One super bug consisting of Beedrill, Armaldo, Heracross, Pinsir, and Scyther.

Two new fire fakemon, including Torzly's evo, Grizire.

Emsin
Emsin_by_Tropiking.png

Grizire
Grizire_by_Tropiking.png

Oh and I finally managed to name Lylark's final evo after who knows how long. Falcunder.

The sprites are good, but Emsin is startlingly flame-lacking for a fire Pokémon, and Grizire looks a bit too much like Ursaring, I think.

Here's a few new sprites for ya to see.

Two new scratches. Emsin's evo, Scorva, and it's evo, Volcerix.

Scorva_by_Tropiking.png
Volcerix_by_Tropiking.png

One new fusion consisting of Dratini, Feraligatr, Kingdra, and Golduck.

Blue_Fusion_by_Tropiking.gif

And two revamps, believe it or not. Both from Silver Version.

Silver_Version_Nidorina_Revamp_by_Tropiking.gif
Silver_Version_Lapras_Revamp_by_Tropiking.gif

Hopefully I'll have more soon.

Back
Top Bottom