• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requests Closed Alraunne's Spriteys

Aisling

Super Moderator
Alraunne's Spriteys Request Shop and Gallery

wow what an interesting shop name

So um. I never know what to sprite next (or what to do next, in my life, ever) without someone practically assigning me one,
but since I like spriting I guess I'll open up a sprite shop. I finally got some sprites together over on Sprout Tower's forums
so now I have a decent collection of "samples" to open up a sprite shop here with... yeah.

GUIDELINES
Yeah, I have a few. Don't freak out! They're not so bad. I'm not gonna make you put a smiley in your request or anything dumb like that.​

• I might take a little while to fulfill your request sometimes. I'll be checking this thread often because I have no life, so only bother reminding me if you don't see your request in the to-do list, please. If it's not there, chances are I actually did miss it.
  • I'm interested in improving my spriting abilities, but due to my pathetic lack of ideas, I am leaving this up to you! As such, I don't offer recolors because those are just too easy. Sorry. There's plenty of other threads where you can request one, though! Don't be afraid to request something a little complex here! For example, if you've got an idea for a splice that involves three or maybe even four Pokemon, I'd love for you to hit me up with it!
  • Feel free to offer some constructive criticism as well! Just don't be an ass about it. Nobody likes an ass. Spriters want to be encouraged to improve, not discouraged!

To-Do List
Prehistoric Eevee line for Kai
Prehistoric Pikachu for Mewtwo

SAMPLES and COMPLETED REQUESTS

Sprites start from right (oldest) to left (newest), and from the bottom row upwards in the case of sections large enough to have rows.
Prehistoric lines are listed in number order, with one family line for each row.

PREHISTORIC
These were for a RP project I had in the works. These consist mostly of splices and depict either
the ancestors of modern Pokemon, or fakemon.

prehistoric_charmander.png
prehistoric_charmander_s.png
prehistoric_charmeleon.png
prehistoric_charmeleon_s.png
prehistoric_charizard.png
prehistoric_charizard_s.png

prehistoric_meowth.png
prehistoric_meowth_s.png
prehistoric_persian.png
prehistoric_persian_s.png

prehistoric_eevee.png
prehistoric_eevee_s.png
prehistoric_vaporeon.png
prehistoric_vaporeon_s.png
prehistoric_flareon.png
prehistoric_flareon_s.png

prehistoric_bagon.png
prehistoric_bagon_s.png
prehistoricsalamence.png
prehistoricsalamence_s.png

SCRATCHES
fakemon1.png
fakemon1_s.png
fakemon2_.png
fakemon2_s.png
doduno.png
doduno_s.png

cyndaquil.png
cyndaquil_shiny.png
togeticevo.png
quaxiatu.png
porkymon.png

The first sprite is the fakemon Mochira,
created by our very own Medical Meccanica!
The second sprite is the fakemon Quaxiatu,
created by Full Metal Cookies!

SPLICES

darkskullnair.png

fearowcuno.png
laprasdewgongpiloswinefroslass_tran.png
dino_02.png
rasqueon.png
esplosionmoth.png
sheiwile.png

The third sprite is the fakemon Rasqueon,
created by Kratos Aurion!

TRAINERS

alraunne2.png
alraunne3.png
alraunnevsface.png

naboo.png
masada.png
kurotowa.png
edwardelric.png
alraunne.png

PIXEL OVERS

weavilepixelover.png
lugia2.png
lugia1.png
hoothootpixelover.gif

miltankpixelover.png
banettepixelover.gif

REPOSES

meowth.png
meowth_s.png
gliscorrepose.gif
gliscorreposeshiny.png

REVAMPS/DEVAMPS

tcg_breeder.png
tcg_clefdoll.png
azelf_enlarge.png

tcg_magikarp.png
tcg_golduck.png
silvermeganium.png
silvermeganium_s.png
lickilicki_devamp.png
crystaldunsparce.png
crystaldunsparce_s.png

goldbellsprout.png
crystalvenomoth-1.png
golddragonite.png
goldhoppip.gif
silverbulbasaur.gif
crystalkangaskhan.png
redbluekangarevamp.png

More to come! Please check back!
^u^

Last edited:
oooooh. Shiny. *_* You're very good, I especially like the Vaporeon revamp (vaporeon! yay!), the Gliscor repose, and the Mawile/Shaymin~

I don't normally make requests but I like your sprites a lot, so I will from you<3 So... could you do a a scratch of my fakemon, Quaxiatu? If that's too complicated or you don't feel like it, though, I would love a Trainer sprite of Edward Elric.

C: You're really good~ And I'm terrible and crit, I'm sorry D:

Vaporeon was always the most popular one at the time when I first started doing TCG revamps. :P

As for the requests, since it's the first, I'll try both the scratch and Ed! :3 Thankies~

Oh wow, I feel so inadequate now >_>
Wish I could sprite like you :D

I'm not sure if I'm going overboard with this, but could you pixelover the Weavile in this card?

It would make me very happy :DDD

Oh wow, I feel so inadequate now >_>
Wish I could sprite like you :D

I'm not sure if I'm going overboard with this, but could you pixelover the Weavile in this card?

It would make me very happy :DDD

Ah, it got replaced by a don't-direct-link image. :x Try from a different place? Oh, and how big would you like it?
(I like how they stole the picture of Shadow in their don't steal image from Kojichao's dA, lolol)

And, practice makes perfect! All I've ever done is practice and observe, and I'm not perfect, either. As long as you try your best you'll get there. :3

Last edited:
FUCK YOU DON'T-STEAL-IMAGE JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF A CARD I WANT

AND YOU GOT OWNED BY GOOGLE

Alright, I'll use.. Photobucket and Microsoft One-Note.

Haha link

Alrighty, yours is next on the to-do list, Dragon!

As for FMC, finished your requests!
quaxiatu.png

It's not my best, but... darnit, it's just not my best.
edwardelric.png

On the other hand, I'm a lot happier with this one!

Also, a new revamp!
golddragonite.png

Last edited:
I... I love you *_* They're so pretty~ I love how Ed looks remarkably pissed off xD it's awesome.

Oh, and do you mind if I use the sprite of Quaxiatu in my LJ comm for my fakemon? You'll get credit, obviously C:

This is some pretty impressive work you have here! I don't sprite myself (well, okay, occasionally, but only when I really need a sprite of one of my fakemon and I'm feeling particularly sick and masochistic) so I'm afraid I can't say anything about the quality of your spritework other than "durr looks fine to me :B", but I can offer a few anatomical comments--mainly, on the scratches, Piplup's head is a little too small compared to it's body. It should be a bit bigger and rounder, taking up a little more than half of the total size rather than a little less than half. Cherrim's head, arguably, could be a little bigger, or, at least, the petals could be a bit more pronounced. They're both very nice, though.

That's about as constructive as I can get seeing as I just don't get this spriting business, but hopefully that was at least a little helpful.

And, er... might I request something as well? I have a few fakemon I'd like sprited, but this one in particular: Rasqueon. It doesn't really matter to me how you do it (if you choose to at all, of course)--scratch it, pixel-over, maybe you could even try making it out of some spliced parts kind of like aragornbird does, if you've seen those. Whatever you think would be best. I would like it to be 80x80 or thereabouts, if you can. And, if possible, could I use it (with credit) on a few sites? Mostly just here for ASB and another battling site.

Thanks in advance if you do, and keep up the good work.

FUCK YOU DON'T-STEAL-IMAGE JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF A CARD I WANT

AND YOU GOT OWNED BY GOOGLE

Alright, I'll use.. Photobucket and Microsoft One-Note.

Haha link

Ugh damn I'm so sorry this took such an ungodly amount of time to finish

The pose and legs and proportions were ticking me off and I redid the whole thing entirely a couple times, etc. etc., then once I finished it I kinda forgot to upload it and stuff. ._.
weavilepixelover.png

Kratos, now that this one is out of the way I'm gonna get to work on yours. ;_;

edit: All done!
rasqueon.png

Hope you like. :3 He was fun to make.

Last edited:
Added to the to-do list! He looks like he'll be fun. I like his hair.

edit:
time for a bellsprout intermission
goldbellsprout.png

edit edit: What the fuck is this anti-sec stuff that all of my sprites turned into?
edit³ : gallery redone, but it's decimated my samples. Sorry, guys.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post I guess, but I figured this'd need a bump so NightDaemon knows that...

Naboo is finished!
naboo.png

Any details I need to add? I couldn't find a whole lot in the way of reference images.
and I couldn't resist adding a pink sparkle or something, he looks like some sort of genie, lemmie know if you want that gone too

Ooh, your sprites are purty~

Pixel over of baby Mewtwo, please!
babymewtwo2.png

Make it avatar sized, 120x120. And just leave the background white, I'll probably try and find some sort of picture to make in to the background but I'll do that myself (if that's okay with you, of course I'll still credit you).

Added to the to-do list! I've gotten a start on it, but most of last night I was working on some splices/fakemon for an RP I'm sort of planning.

dino_1.png

A very sloppy work in progress, this is going to be a prehistoric Charmander line. Perhaps their shiny forms were their ancestors' natural colors, but they developed their present colors because they helped survival in some way, but their vestigial colors remain as a recessive gene and that is why we see shinies sometimes to this day.

dino_02.png

This was going to be an alternate Omanyte evolution that didn't hold out so well, but eventually it became some kind of different thing. Splice with Omanyte, Bellsprout, Goldeen and Tangrowth.

edit:
babymewtwopixelover.png

Pixel-over done! Since there was a lot more plain space I decided to try dithering a little. Hope it looks alright.

Last edited:
Glad you like! c:

Also, an update.
prehistoric_charizard.png
prehistoric_charizard_s.png
prehistoric_charmeleon.png
prehistoric_charmeleon_s.png

Working on Charmander right now. I'll probably prehistorify the rest of the first gen starter lines. I also plan on doing a prehistoric version of a legendary Pokemon, but I don't know which (probably Rayquaza or something like that).
I'll take any suggestions, I might even make this into a new category of request (for now I've got them categorized under splices) if this takes off. I want to have plenty of species made to choose from the beginning and also to add to the RP as time goes by, and wouldn't mind some ideas~

Back
Top Bottom