• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[open] Shadowlands OOC

Flora

local hellion
Pronoun
they/he/it/neos
The Persian, standing on the highest rock in his territory, looked over the lands that he ruled over. In only six months, he had managed to turn a fertile kingdom into what his resentful subjects now called the “Shadowlands,” a barren wasteland with no food or water. His delighted rise to power after murdering his brother, the former king, and driving his son out of the Pridelands had resulted in this. The Luxrays and Persians have resorted to looking for new territory in an attempt to keep their pride alive.

However, the little heir to the throne isn’t so little anymore, currently living in the jungle far away from his rightful kingdom. When several lions from the pride, including his childhood friend, encounter him and discover that, contrary to what their new king informed them, he's alive, can he return and take his kingdom back? Or will the knowledge that he apparently caused the death of his dad keep him from helping his pride?
Rules:

~No Godmoding or powerplaying; basically, the usual rules.
~Since this is only the basic idea of The Lion King with Pokémon thrown in, you can ask if we can change the storyline a little. Ask, however, don’t just do it.
~FMC, aka King Scar Edward, is co-DM, because, uh, Edward’s in charge of the evil people. Oh, and Bakun too.
~Two chars maximum; if one dies, however, you may create another one.
~There is going to be violence in this roleplay, that’s definite.

Skeleton:

Name:
Species: (lions can be either Shinx line or Meowth line, hyenas are Mightyena, check with me for the others)
Appearance: (any distinguishing features)
Personality: (can be played out)
Bio:
Other:

Character List:

(italics indicate a reserve)

Flora: Rafiki, Shenzi
FMC: Edward (aka Scar)
Flareth:Makoto (aka female!Pumbaa)
Zora: Zed (aka Timon)
Dragon: Storm (aka Nala)
Darksong: Kiara
Bakun: Kopa and Nuru

My bio will go up after another profile comes in.

Last edited:
I'm already reserved, but a few questions.

One: Character species?
Two: It doesn't have to be the exact same, right? I can do him just fine, but other than the species I've got a little bit of free reign, right?

hey hey I forgot to ask this before, uh... can I use a different name? *Was planning on using Edward (of RSP fame) for the Scar-character* Since we were justing using the idea?

And you said that guys could be Persians too ; ;

(oh god I confused myself)

Alright~

Name: Storm (Nala, but screw you~)
Species: Luxray
Appearance: luxray
Personality: PO'd
Bio: A childhood friend of Simba, she secretly likes him.

Last edited:
Zora: Species is Furret. I think. If you can come up with something better then do it. It doesn't have to be the exact same.

FMC: Yes, can be a different name. (God now I confused myself; now you can choose between Shinx/Meowth)

EDIT: Rafiki's profile is done;

Name: Rafiki
Gender: Female (yeah, female. I’m going mostly by the musical, and she’s a girl in it. Sorry)
Species: Ambipom
Appearance: Being much older than many of the inhabitants of the Pridelands, her fur has a slight grayish tinge.
Personality: Rafiki is often seen as slightly insane, but under the surface, she is, in fact, very wise.
Bio: Rafiki came to the Pride Lands long ago, when the former king and his brother were still children. She acts as a shaman to the pride.
Other: Stupid bio.

Last edited:
Works for me.

So that means I can be a girl character, right? I'll keep the personality the same, but.
Sorry for all the questions :<

Name: Kopa
Age: He's not born yet. He's the son of Simba and brother of Kiara.
Species: Shinx
Appearance: He's got reddish-brown eyes and a brown hairtuft on his head. Otherwise he's a normal Shinx.
Personality: Adventurous and somewhat brave.
Bio: Well, some fans, including me, thinks the lion cub Rafiki holds in the first movie's ending is Kopa, because it looks like a male and he's included in The Lion King: Six New Adventures. However, he's not included in the second movie, where Kiara seems to be Simba's and Nala's only cub. So my theory is that Kopa ran away or was forced to run away. Then the pride thought that he was dead, explaining why Simba's so protective over Kiara. So, I'll just base the biography of that:

Kopa, when born, would be born a year or two before Kiara, and live happily. At that time, the outlanders (Zira, Nuka etc.) still lived in the Pride Lands. A fire broke out when Kopa was playing on the savannah, and he was caught in it. When the fire subsided no Kopa was found. The outlanders were blamed for his death, even though it wasn't them, and became exiled and therefore explains some of the hate Zira has towards Simba.

Kopa had escaped the fire with a rather bad burn mark on his left hip, but never found his way back to his father.

Simba rarely speaks of it and never mentions it to Kiara, and is very protective.
Other: Comes in later.

Name: Tojo
Appearance: Blue and yellow eyes instead of red and yellow.
Personality: He luvres birds :3.
Bio: Hmrpghlp. Link up there. I don't know more.
Other: jifjr

Last edited:
Name: Edward
Species: Persian

Appearance: Edward is a large, rather vicious looking specimen of a Persian, his body fur a pale gold, and his long, thick mane a darker, richer gold. His eyes are the same shade of gold as his mane, and he has a large scar over his left eye. His ears are the usual black of a Persian, and the right one has a large nick in it. The rest of his body is heavily scarred as well.

Personality: Two Words: Pure Evil. (AKA mostly played out, hurhur)

Bio: Edward harboured a heavy resentment of the others from a young age, teased for his small size as a Meowth. As such, he went a little... insane. He vowed to take over the Pridelands, to show them...

Other: man the Bio sucks :x but I can expand it later I guess.

FEEEEEEEMALE PUMBAAAAAA!

Name: Makoto
Species: Donphan
Appearance: Shorter tusks, otherwise all normal.
Personality: Played out
Bio: Went with Zed (INSIDE REFERENCES FTW!) to find a place to live. They find the jungle that they still live in today. Or just take the plot of Lion King 1 1/2 xD AKA http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lion_King_1½
Other: Nope :D

Last edited:
OK Zora decided to retcon and do a male characer anyway because she doesn't have enough of them.

Name: Zed (INSIDE REFERENCES FTW!)
Species: Furret
Appearance: The parts that are cream-colored are golden, and he has a tuft of red fur on his head, akin to the actual Timon.
Personality: Played out mostly, but I will say this. He has very... odd, speech patterns sometimes.
Bio: Watch The Lion King 1 1/2 He was forced to leave his family of Furret due to his failure at guard duty and almost losing his uncle as a result (but the uncle was neurotic anyway!). Shortly after, he met a Donphan named Makoto (will be filled in when Flareth fills in her form but you get what I'm getting at). They were bitter at first, but soon thereafter became fast friends. He now lives in a jungle alone with Makoto. He appears to live on a diet of solely insects.
Other: None.

Flora? Is it possible for Tojo to die later in the story and then I can play Kovu? If so, I'll just reserve him now :3.

Wait, has the bird guy already been reserved? Can't remember his name, sorry D:

You made me want to watch Lion King, but I DON'T HAVE IT D< Last time I watched it, I was, um, six, I think.

Name: (we'll go with) Zeta
Species: Mightyena
Appearance:
203.png

Personality: PO xD
Bio: Zeta was named such because of his irregularly switched-around colors. He was never teased for it, as he was always hiding in the night's shadows, stalking prey. For this other Mightyena thought that he was trying to hunt them down, so many of them made alliances with him. The CCC Zeta often talked with his friends, still sneaking about at night.
Other: NONCANONFTW

I'm whoever Kiara is... that's the daughter of Nala, right? I'll start my form.

That means I'm a Shinx, right?

Name: Kiara
Age: Right now, at the VERY start of the RP, since Kopa isn't born yet, she isn't either. Correct?
Species: Shinx
Appearance: Nothing distinguishing, except her eyes are rather dark
Personality: PO, since I have no idea how to put it in my own words. I haven't watched the movie with her yet...
Bio: I'm lazy so just click her name xD
Other: I'm so confused XP

Last edited:
Shadow_Lugia@ Nope, Zazu is not reserved.

Darksong@ Kiara would be a Meowth in this RP actually.

Also, Flora, can I mayhaps be co-leader? I've recently gotten really into The Lion King (Thanks to you <-<), and I've watched the movie twice (Yes, twice) in two days (Thanks to my recent addiction of The Lion King), and so I'd love to co-lead this RP :3. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Also, I'm going to edit my forms slightly.

EDIT: Take out Tojo. I'll have my own Character instead.

Name: Nuru
Appearance: Where the dark blue should be, he is black. His eyes are green and yellow and he's got a black nose. Also, the should-be-yellow rings on his feet are blood yellow.
Personality: Nuru is a very sinister, blood-thirsty Luxray. He was born to be a killer, in other words. He, however, doesn't attack without a reason, but I would still strongly recommend to stay on his good side. Nuru has no goals in his life, and only kills when he's ordered to do so, agitated, or hungry. So he can't exactly be called evil, like Edward :3.

Rest PO?
Bio: Nuru was still a Luxio when Edward had the outlanders move to the Pride Rock. Nuru, who was originally going to leave to form his own pride, was welcome to stay because he supported Edward so much.
Other: Did you know Nuru means Light in swahili? Also, did you know, almost all of the names of the animals in TLK are in swahili :D?

Scar=Dirt
Kovu=Scar
Simba=Lion
Sarabi=Mirage

Yes I know, very interesting indeed.

But then I won't play Kovu.

In other words, I'll play Nuru and Kopa :3.

Last edited:
Okay all are accepted.

@Bakun: Sure. I need help with this anyway cause I'm still messed up from being iPod/DS/glasses-deprived. (basically I lost all of the above at Hersheypark) And I actually did know about the Swahili names.

Back
Top Bottom