• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

E3

It looks like Sony is doing something like that too.

Holy crap, a sequel to Shadow of The Colossus? lol, God of War 3...

lol I already heard about the Shadow of the Colossus sequel. I got an email about it a couple of nights ago.

Metroid "Other M"'s trailer made me shit my pants. And Golden Sun 3. Jesus christ, and to think, just last year Nintendo was really dropping the ball at E3 (Though, to be fair, E3 hadn't been revived yet. They just didn't announce Punch-Out for some reason).

I'd rather call it Metroid Gaiden though, for obvious reasons due to the Nintendo and Team Ninja Collab...

Red Steel 2 also looks like it's gonna be the shit. And I can't fucking wait long enough for Silent Hill Shattered Memories, and RE Darkside.

HOLY MOTHER OF F**K METROID MORE THAN MAKES UP FOR A LACK OF KIRBY WII!!!!!111

Seriously, you'd probably shit bricks just by watching the dang trailer. And then there is NSMB Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2...with yoshi. :D

But there was a distinct lack of Kirby there. :(

That's cause Kirby's just a niche that Nintendo throws out when they don't have anything else to come out with...

I'm not so much disappointed by the lack of Kirby as I am by the lack of F-Zero and Star Fox... They were supposed to show us the Star Fox in development for the Wii...

Taking more of a look into E3 (since I was only watching that one streaming Sony video before):

Holy crap. You said it; Red Steel 2 looks like teh shit. I really hope the Wii controls don't make this impossible, like a lot of the games. The graphics are cool. They're realistic, but they have a sort of cartoony look about them.

JYEAAAAHHHH BOIEEEEEE. Assassin's Creed 2, complete win. Check it out.

Yay, another Professor Layton game! The first was a very nice puzzle-solving game, which wasn't easy, and had a nice mystery and great animated cut scenes. I really looking forward to this game, and I hope I can finish it without relying partly on a walkthrough. :/

Um, wtf?

As I said before, I''m liking what I see for Modation Racer (or whatever it's called). Little Big Planet styled graphics and customization mixed with a bit of the Maro Kart racing features, this game looks like it could really sell. Too fucking bad I don't have any of the new generation consoles, though (and in this case, the PS3). =/

That's about it, I guess. I'm not really looking forward to a new Metroid, since I've barely even started the Prime, lol, yet alone the two sequels. I'm glad they're making a No More Heroes sequel, though, it gives me something to look forward to after I but and beat the first.

=D

Edit: Wait, weren't they planning on making a Kirby and Star Fox for the Wii? Wtf?

That's about it, I guess. I'm not really looking forward to a new Metroid, since I've barely even started the Prime, lol, yet alone the two sequels. I'm glad they're making a No More Heroes sequel, though, it gives me something to look forward to after I but and beat the first.

=D

Edit: Wait, weren't they planning on making a Kirby and Star Fox for the Wii? Wtf?

Dude, you HAVE to play Prime. The original Prime was the best though.

No More Heroes Desperate Struggle is... Old news. It was announced last year at TGS 2008, along with like 30 other Wii games, about half of which I'm looking forward to. The premise is still kinda silly, seeing as though it IS a Suda51 game; Travis somehow finds himself moving down in rank from a Rank 1 Assassin to Rank 52, and he has to get back up to the top xD Hopefully this means it'll be a bit longer. And more confusing than Killer 7.

I don't know about Kirby, but Star Fox was already supposed to be in development.

The Nintendo conference was a bit lackluster, except for the new Metroid and Mario Galaxy 2.

I didn't see much of the Microsoft one, but I did see the Natal. It looks pretty neat.

Well, Nintendo's is certainly better than the crap they showed us last year.

I'm also looking forward Devil May Cr--- err... Bayonetta. I'm really hoping they somehow reference Jack, and one of the bosses from MadWorld, or even reference to one of the kill techniques from that game xD
MadWorld is definitely the greatest Wii game I've played so far...

And at Sony's key notes, they announced an FFXIV for some fucking ass backward reason. When XIII isn't going to be out for another fucking year.

Kirby's going Duke Nukem Never on us. It's been in devleopment for a long time....I think it was supposed to be a Gamecube game, but then was upgraded to a Wii game. There is one trailer from the Gamecube days and a few pictures.

The only thing other Air Ride I saw for a Kirby game on the 'Cube was a remake of Kirby's Adventure, but that got turned into Nightmare in Dreamland for the GBA...

And I think you mean Duke Nukem Forever in Development Limbo.

There's a release date set for Duke Nukem Forever BTW.

Kirby's going Duke Nukem Never on us. It's been in devleopment for a long time....I think it was supposed to be a Gamecube game, but then was upgraded to a Wii game. There is one trailer from the Gamecube days and a few pictures.
I'm guessing they turned it in to the Adventure mode of SSBB and now the game will never be made.

also, Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks exactly like the original. disappointing because that game was definitely the worst 3D mario (and this is coming from someone who has 100% completion in all three)

Ugh, no... I hated Sunshine. Galaxy was only so-so for me... The FLUDD will always be etched in my mind as one of the worst ideas known to all mankind...

The only thing other Air Ride I saw for a Kirby game on the 'Cube was a remake of Kirby's Adventure, but that got turned into Nightmare in Dreamland for the GBA...

And I think you mean Duke Nukem Forever in Development Limbo.

There's a release date set for Duke Nukem Forever BTW.

Actually, Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams Deluxe in Japan, was an entirely different game before Sakurai(aka the mastermind behind Kirby AND Smash) left HAL. Being without an developer, they instead converted the game into NiD. The gamecube game was never, at any point in its life, called a remake of Kirby's Adventure. Rather, it was an entirely new game that was canceled and then given a Wii release. To be more accurate, the title of the game is Hoshi no Kaabii: Hoshi no Densetsu, or Kirby of the Stars: Legend of the Stars. The basic story given is that Dedede steals Kirby's Warpstar(I smell of anime influence here) and Kirby must try to get it back. Whether Dedede is the true baddy here(as seen by the Dedede Robot) or he needs it to fight a bigger evil(like what he did against Nightmare and Tabuu) is unknown, because that is the only info given about the game aside from some gameplay features.

holy CHRIST new Metroid. WANT.

Mario Galaxy 2. Is it weird that what I'm most excited about is that they now have a second chance at making an insanely epic Bowser battle without making him piss easy. It does look great, though.

Actually, Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams Deluxe in Japan, was an entirely different game before Sakurai(aka the mastermind behind Kirby AND Smash) left HAL. Being without an developer, they instead converted the game into NiD. The gamecube game was never, at any point in its life, called a remake of Kirby's Adventure. Rather, it was an entirely new game that was canceled and then given a Wii release. To be more accurate, the title of the game is Hoshi no Kaabii: Hoshi no Densetsu, or Kirby of the Stars: Legend of the Stars. The basic story given is that Dedede steals Kirby's Warpstar(I smell of anime influence here) and Kirby must try to get it back. Whether Dedede is the true baddy here(as seen by the Dedede Robot) or he needs it to fight a bigger evil(like what he did against Nightmare and Tabuu) is unknown, because that is the only info given about the game aside from some gameplay features.

Hmm... I see. Though I recall seeing E3 footage from years ago back when the 'Cube first came out showing footage of a Kirby game with stages exactly like those in Kirby's Adventure, and the subtitle on the footage even said "Kirby's Adventure". I might be wrong though. I'll have to see if I can find my old E3 tapes.

Hmm... I see. Though I recall seeing E3 footage from years ago back when the 'Cube first came out showing footage of a Kirby game with stages exactly like those in Kirby's Adventure, and the subtitle on the footage even said "Kirby's Adventure". I might be wrong though. I'll have to see if I can find my old E3 tapes.

That sounds rather interesting, but Legend of the Stars was started near the end of the cube's life. Please do find those tapes so we can confirm this, as anything related to Adventure is awesome in my book.

Ugh, no... I hated Sunshine. Galaxy was only so-so for me... The FLUDD will always be etched in my mind as one of the worst ideas known to all mankind...
WAT!? I had so much incredible fun playing Sunshine, gawd. 'Cept for the first two levels, Sunshine was awesome.

But srsly gaise, moar discussion 4 AC2 noa pl0x kthnx.

Back
Top Bottom