• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt I feel sorry for Paras/ect all of the sudden...

Spatz

Egahds, I've been gone a long while!
In D/P/Pt paras now has the possiblility of having the ability Dry Skin:

This POKeMON gradually loses HP per turn during Sunny Day, and gradually heals during Rain Dance. This POKeMON takes double damage from Fire attacks, but Water attacks heal it for 1/4 its HP.

With the fact that already takes 4x damage from fire, this is settin git up for murder. ie.

Lv 100 Heatran 31 special attack IVs, 252 special attack Ivs, uses Over Heat on lv 1 paras w/ 1 special def IV = murder...

Poor Paras...

LOLZ

The next most painful things would be:
Groudon EQ on lv 1 Aron...
Rampardos SE on lv 1 Articuno
Electivire TP on wingull

It probably wouldn't feel any pain. Paras would transform into ashes the mere nanosecond Heatran got close to it, never mind Overheat..

All the more reason for not getting a Paras/Parasect and pitting it against a Heatran(or any other Fire type, for that matter), stupidly expecting to win.

The only thing Parasect ever had going for it was Spore, and all I have to say to that is Breloom says hi.

Of course, even looking into the eyes of any Fire-type, let alone something like frigging Heatran, would probably be enough to send it running.

The only thing Parasect ever had going for it was Spore, and all I have to say to that is Breloom says hi.

Of course, even looking into the eyes of any Fire-type, let alone something like frigging Heatran, would probably be enough to send it running.

Scuttling, more like. I don't think Paras can run.

^ It's just our opinion. Don't take it so harshly. As the title says, we're pitying Paras here, not discriminating it.

I really liked that one episode of the show with the Paras that couldn't evolve. :(

But on the plus side, Dry Skin makes it immune to water-type attacks! It could kill a... Luvdisc...!

Unless that certain Luvdisc knows Ice Beam. We would have a problem there. But yes, it would probably kill it, since wild Luvdisc don't know Ice Beam.

Did you know that a level 100 Shuckle with maxxed Attack EV and IVs, using Power Trick and Rollout on its final iteration, on a Pokemon quadruply weak to Rock, would do upwards of 2 million damage?

Did you know that a level 100 Shuckle with maxxed Attack EV and IVs, using Power Trick and Rollout on its final iteration, on a Pokemon quadruply weak to Rock, would do upwards of 2 million damage?

Did you know that critical hit +6 attack choice band defense curl pure power power swap shuckle fifth rollout with +def nature against -6 defense ledyba with -def nature does 60603876 to 71298684 damage, averaging over sixty-five million.

Oh, and Paras isn't doubly-weak against rock

Seriously, Game Freak. What has Paras ever done to you?
Then again, in D/P/Pt there are hardly any Fire Pokemon. Not that that's much of a redeeming feature though.

Did you know that critical hit +6 attack choice band defense curl pure power power swap shuckle fifth rollout with +def nature against -6 defense ledyba with -def nature does 60603876 to 71298684 damage, averaging over sixty-five million.

Oh, and Paras isn't doubly-weak against rock

And these are perfect examples as to why things like that scare me...poor ledyba...

:( Paras and Parasect are awesome, though. I mean, a crab-mushroom? How much cooler can you get?...and how is it part bug-type, thinking about it?

Dry Skin needs to not exist.

Rayquaza used Fly.* It's super effective!* A critical hit!* Paras lost 4123168700% of its health.**
Shuckle used Rollout.*It's super effective!*Paras lost 19031990200% of its health.

This is real.
All that would be left is a sad orange splotch and a few miserable mushroom spores..

Hmm, that brings up an interesting question. Could a lv. 1 Focus Sash Paras defeat a lv. 100 Staraptor who uses Brave Bird and gets hit with recoil?

Back
Top Bottom