• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OoC and Sign-Ups] Prehistoric Pokemon

President Michael Wilson

Tildes are the work of the devil
Pokemon, creatures of great power in all forms. They dominate the lands in which they live- Other forms of life save human are near nonexistant. Millions of years in evolution has placed them near the top of their food chain, and with few exceptions Pokemon hold the throne.

It has not always been this way.

Millions upon millions of years in the past, millions of years before the first human took his first breath, the world was different. It was a violent time and a violent age, ruled by creatures great and mighty- Creatures that existed in all facets of life, the great reptiles. Greatest among these were the dinosaurs, creatures that adapted to live all over the globe. Small pathetic creatures other than the great reptiles do exist- But these, creatures like mammals, are often so scrawny that they are far beneath notice even when they are scurrying directly on top of the great dinosaur's feet. And then, there was a new lifeform to scurry late onto the scene...

These were generally small creatures, animals who resembled other and earlier forms of life but were in fact anything but. They often had very hard skins and could hold their own against many creatures, but overall they were still very weak. Like many species in the dinosaur age, these animals would likely have been easily wiped out, had it not been for one thing- Most of these creatures could manipulate the elements.

-----

The time is the age of dinosaurs. The great creatures rule the earth. Little do the great beasts know that in several million years their reign will end, but that is of no concern. When the great beasts die, two species shall fill the void; Mammals shall take up the vast majority of the lands, while Pokemon shall fill the void on a remote collection of islands. But for Pokemon to survive to become a major force, they must survive amongst the dinosaurs first...

In this RP, you RP as a prehistoric Pokemon, simply interacting with the enviroment and other Pokemon. You, the players, will have a large say in any story that devolps, although I shall pull the strings of the area. Have fun, but keep these rules in mind:

1). No godmodding. Know what the limits of your Pokemon are, and follow by them. No autohitting of attacks, no excessive dodging to the point where it is obscene, and no control of other characters at all or of the enviroment beyond what is reasonable.
2). Start weak. Your Pokemon is not a level one-hundred fully evolved engine of death from the get-go. Everyone starts off at the lowest evolution chain of whatever Pokemon you chose, and starts out weak. Don't worry, your strength will build as the RP goes.
3). Ancient Pokemon only. Pokemon you can be are only prehistoric Pokemon. Fossil Pokemon are obviously A-OK, but anything other than that is kinda iffy. Use your best judgement, I will inform you if that Pokemon is not good. As a rule of thumb, highly complex Pokemon or man-made ones generally would not be acceptable for this RP.
4). Turn order. Try to keep some semblance of a turn order, please. It shall make it easier for me to keep up with things.
5). Keep OoC conversation here. There's a reason there's an "OoC" tag. When the RP thread goes up, do not post in it unless you have RP in your post. Otherwise, post here.
6). Have fun. If you are not enjoying yourself I will beat you with a tuna until you are having fun.

And now, the all important form:

Name:
Species:

That's it. I encourage character devolpment in this to the point of just those two entries. If you feel you absoultly must add in additional segments to the entry form, I will not stop you.

Accepted: (Character-Species) (RPer)

(Kay-Nidoran female) (Evoli)
(Len-Anorith) (Kali the Flygon)
(Iris-Paris) (Flareth)
(Rin-Kabuto) (Crazy Linoone)
(Rikabric-Sandshrew) (Blastoise428)
(Lullay-Yanma) (Shadow Lugia)
(Xhan-Aerodactyl) (Black Yoshi 99)
(Konchu-Nincada) (Aethelstan)
(Sorathem-Aerodactyl) (Cryptica)
(Sabreclaw-Kabuto) (Darksong)

Last edited:
A variation of Darkwing, am I correct?

Or maybe I'm reading too much into this :P

Name: Lullay
Species: Yanma
Other: Lullay is extremely tiny, and is no bigger than an ordinary dragonfly.

Pretty clever what you did with the yanma thar. A reversal of how prehistoric insects usually were

I guess I'll get a thread started then

Nothing's stopping anybody from being an aerodactyl you know

I should pay more attention to this thing

That's enough people for now, I won't be able to keep up with more. If somebody dies there may be new slots open

Back
Top Bottom