• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Any recommendations for XBox 360?

Let's just say I have hardly ever touched my XBox 360 I got for Christmas(it's mostly my brother that plays it). I just don't know of any "good" games for it, that's pretty much it. So, just to see what non-Nintendo consoles have to offer, can I get any recommendations?

Specifics:

* Preferably nothing 16+/M or above. (Is it just me or are most "good" games for the XBox like this?)
* Games I like include Mario series, Pokémon, just started getting into the Zelda series, Warioland series, WarioWare... stuff like that. Or genres I enjoy: adventure, RPG(really depends), platformer. But feel free to recommend stuff that's not in these genres!
* I'm not really into FPSes and most "action" games(really depends). Just a note.

So, any recommendations?

Last edited:
* Nothing 16+/M or above. (Is it just me or are most "good" games for the XBox like this?)
* Games I like include Mario series, Pokémon, just started getting into the Zelda series, Warioland series, WarioWare... stuff like that. Or genres I enjoy: adventure, RPG(really depends), platformer. But feel free to recommend stuff that's not in these genres!
* I'm not really into FPSes and most "action" games(really depends). Just a note.
With those specifics...
I don't think you'll like anything for the 360.

Yeah.

Umm.... Geometry Wars, Castle Crashers, Uno, Braid, why not try scouring Xbox Live Arcade?

I know... maybe the XBox just isn't the console for me. I just want to give it a try, see what's to gaming aside Mario and Zelda.

Some games that only meet the "no 16+" criteria then?

Sonic Unleashed is really fantastic; much better than the Wii/PS2 version and has more DLC than the PS3 version. Check it out if you're in the mood for something exciting and fun that doesn't take itself very seriously. The storyline and cutscenes are very animated and remind me a lot of the old Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog TV show.

If you're into RPGs, Tales of Vesperia is really good, but I'm slowly growing out of the Tales series, so my recommendation isn't wholehearted.

Sonic Unleashed is really fantastic; much better than the Wii/PS2 version and has more DLC than the PS3 version. Check it out if you're in the mood for something exciting and fun that doesn't take itself very seriously. The storyline and cutscenes are very animated and remind me a lot of the old Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog TV show.

If you're into RPGs, Tales of Vesperia is really good, but I'm slowly growing out of the Tales series, so my recommendation isn't wholehearted.

For the Sonic thing... maybe? I was quite the Sonic fan some years ago, and for some reason, after all the going downhill lately, I still have a bit of a liking to the superspeedy blue hedgehog... so I could check that out.

Thanks fo some actual recommendations!

I don't think you'll like anything for the 360.
Not true, but I kinda see your point. You should've got a Wii.

Sonic Unleashed is really fantastic; much better than the Wii/PS2 version and has more DLC than the PS3 version.
Disregard this post. Don't even think about trying it. The adventuring as a "Werehog" is supposed to be agonizing, and... just watch a Gametrailers review or something. New Sonic games=fail. And no, not in the side-scrolling way the platform games were made.

OK, Tales of Vesperia is s'pposed to be really good, you should definitely try it out, especially if you're new to the Tales series. Also, Lost Odyssey is good. Those two a RPG type games. If you will try a Star Wars game, The Force Unleashed is a fun game.

Soul Caliber 4. If you don't this series, all it is a fighting game, no story, nothing else but fighting. I love these kinds of games, but that's just me. I haven; got to play this one yet, but it's supposed to be good.

Beautiful Katamari. Buy it.

Eternal Sonata. This is also a RPG, and, my god, I'm dying to play this. Everything is done so beautifully in this game: the music, the graphics, the plotline. And it looks like tons of fun. I think you'd like this, you should DEFINITELY check this out.

You say you're into things like Mario, right? You know the Banjo-Kazooie games? Nuts & Bolts I'm pretty sure is on the 360. Haven't played it, but you can check it out. Also, er, Blue Dragon... whatever, it looks like shit to me, but some people say it's good.

If you can play M games, the following are all great: Gears of War, Halo, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Fable (for the original Xbox, it's sequel on the 360), Ninja Gaiden (same conditions as Fable), Devil May Cry 4,

And lol, there's always Guitar Hero.

:D THANKS.

Katamari? The game where you roll around a ball and try to collect lots of weird stuff? YES. I'll get that for sure.

I've heard about Banjo-Kazooie. Maybe I'll try that?

I'm actually not sure if I'm allowed to play 16+/M games(never asked). I know Mom won't like them, but not sure about Dad...

And one thing I forgot(self-recommendation): Viva Piñata. Heard lots of good stuff about it, and it looks pretty cute and fun. Sure, it's a "kids" game, but hey, they call Pokémon one too.

And Guitar Hero=no thanks.

Last edited:
For Christ's sake, don't buy Nuts and Bolts.

Unleashed is actually better than most new Sonic games, except for the Werehog levels. Ugh.

And then all of Erif's suggestions suck because he evidently didn't read the first post.

Disregard this post. Don't even think about trying it. The adventuring as a "Werehog" is supposed to be agonizing, and... just watch a Gametrailers review or something. New Sonic games=fail. And no, not in the side-scrolling way the platform games were made.
I'm sorry, but when someone makes a recommendation you don't tell the person they were recommending it to to disregard their post and then back it up with a single completely inane reason. Common courtesy and everything, you know?

The werehog sections are surprisingly well-done considering that it is, you know, a werehog. They are exponentially less agonising than the treasure hunts and shoot-em-up levels of a certain well-received game that starts with "A" and ends with "dventure 2." They are also not prominent; one only has to "suffer" through each werehog level once. (Although for those of us who aren't whiny purists, multiple run-throughs have plenty to offer.)

The daytime levels are indeed reminiscent of the Genesis era. To say they aren't is, quite frankly, stupid. The levels are split equally between 3D areas (which are quite fun, despite what past games may have led one to believe) and 2D areas inspired by the classic side-scrolling platformers, switching between the two seamlessly.

Add in the fact that there is plenty of DLC available and more is constantly being developed, and you've got a pretty satisfying package.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but writing it off as "fail" (which isn't a noun, by the way) simply because it was made this decade is a good way of looking like a complete asshole.

I've only played 4 games on my Xbox; Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean 4, and Infinite Undiscovery. All four of them are very, although Vesperia and Eternal Sonata are the best out of those four. That's about all I CAN recommend, since those are the reasons I even got my Xbox.

:D THANKS.
Katamari? The game where you roll around a ball and try to collect lots of weird stuff? YES. I'll get that for sure.

I'm actually not sure if I'm allowed to play 16+/M games(never asked). I know Mom won't like them, but not sure about Dad...

And one thing I forgot(self-recommendation): Viva Piñata. Heard lots of good stuff about it, and it looks pretty cute and fun. Sure, it's a "kids" game, but whio says it can't be good because of that?

And Guitar Hero=no thanks.
Ahh, you mean that show with the walking Pinatas? Sure, knock yourself out lol. And yes, that's Katamari.

I understand. I haven't played too many M games cause my Mom's pretty strict about that kind of stuff, but not that strict.

No Guitar Hero? D;

Unleashed is actually better than most new Sonic games, except for the Werehog levels. Ugh.

And then all of Erif's suggestions suck because he evidently didn't read the first post.
It prolly is, but that doesn't mean it's good.

orly? Aside from the Soul Caliber and Star Wars comment, I don't think all of my suggestions "suck". lol.

I'm sorry, but when someone makes a recommendation you don't tell the person they were recommending it to to disregard their post and then back it up with a single completely inane reason. Common courtesy and everything, you know?

The werehog sections are surprisingly well-done considering that it is, you know, a werehog. They are exponentially less agonising than the treasure hunts and shoot-em-up levels of a certain well-received game that starts with "A" and ends with "dventure 2." They are also not prominent; one only has to "suffer" through each werehog level once. (Although for those of us who aren't whiny purists, multiple run-throughs have plenty to offer.)

The daytime levels are indeed reminiscent of the Genesis era. To say they aren't is, quite frankly, stupid. The levels are split equally between 3D areas (which are quite fun, despite what past games may have led one to believe) and 2D areas inspired by the classic side-scrolling platformers, switching between the two seamlessly.

Add in the fact that there is plenty of DLC available and more is constantly being developed, and you've got a pretty satisfying package.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but writing it off as "fail" (which isn't a noun, by the way) simply because it was made this decade is a good way of looking like a complete asshole.
Uh, sorry for the rudeness. But I don't think using a recent Sonic game as a recommendation for the 360 is a good idea, seeing how there are tons of other games out there. I guess I'm not common and courteous.

What are you talking about? The werehog parts were horrible. I don't know how you can compare this to the modes SA2, they were pretty well done. The levels are boring, long, and s-l-o-w. There's nothing notably "fun" about them. I agree, the regular Sonic levels were well done, but they felt so short compared to the werehog levels.

lol, I never said it was fail just because it was made this decade. There are multiple things that are just outright bad about this game, besides the overly extended Werhog gameplay and the short playtime with "true" Sonic.

Yeah, the 360 is really starting to become the console for RPG players. I love it.

Mmm... Not really. They aren't really getting too many RPGs anymore, and they are getting are also being released on the PS3. I'm getting a PS3 this fall just so I can get the Enhanced Port of Tales of Vesperia, with the extra character, altered story that ties in with the movie that's coming out this year, fully voiced game (There won't be a moment of silence in the dialogue!), costumes for Repede who can also finally be used as an on-screen avatar, more sidequests, and more bosses, and a bit more playable Flynn. And I figure I'll get Resonance of Fate on the PS3 as well.

If you noticed, most of the RPGs are coming to the Wii this year, what with Arc Rise Fantasia (FUCKING awesome game), and Tales of Graces, and the PS3 is getting a nice batch of its own RPGs. The only RPG I've seen so far is Resonance of Fate/End of Eternity, which is also for the PS3. There's also Castlevania, but that looks like it'll be an action game, not an RPG.

* Preferably nothing 16+/M or above. (Is it just me or are most "good" games for the XBox like this?)

Erif said:
If you can play M games, the following are all great: Gears of War, Halo, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Fable (for the original Xbox, it's sequel on the 360), Ninja Gaiden (same conditions as Fable), Devil May Cry 4, (FPSes and action games)

Hmmm I wouldn't quite count out the 360 for RPGs, but it depends on what you like. Sure, not as many JRPGs, but it's got a lot of Western RPGs going for it.

And, of course, Final Fantasy XIII comes out only for the 360 in North America, whereas Japan will get a PS2 and PS3 release. I don't think many other companies will follow this trend, but you never know.

@TC, If you can wait a year, we'll be getting the new tri-Ace RPG, End of Eternity, under the name of Resonance of Fate.

If you like fighting games, or competitive gaming, there's also DoA4, but if I were you, I'd hold out and wait until September when Tekken 6, since DoA crap compared to Tekken. Even better, BlazBlue comes out at the end of the month, and The King of Fighters XII is in July.

You can also get Microsoft Points, and download Castlevania Symphony of the Night, a platformer RPG. It's more recommended than actually looking for the game, since the game is impossible to find for the PS1 or Saturn. Unless of course you find someone willing to part with it. Just don't ask for any of my three copies >O

Hmmm I wouldn't quite count out the 360 for RPGs, but it depends on what you like. Sure, not as many JRPGs, but it's got a lot of Western RPGs going for it.

And, of course, Final Fantasy XIII comes out only for the 360 in North America, whereas Japan will get a PS2 and PS3 release. I don't think many other companies will follow this trend, but you never know.

Not really that many Western RPGs as it is. Like I said, whatever it is getting, the PS3 is also getting it, and most people generally settle for the PS3 versions anyway.

FFXIII isn't getting a PS2 release. The 360 version is coming out in all locales except Japan, and the PS3 version is getting released in all NTSC and PAL regions.

And @ Dezzuu, I wouldn't really count Bioshock as an FPS. Sure it's played like an FPS, but if you've played either System Shock games, you'd know that it's more akin to an RPG than an FPS. Fable's not an action game either. It's an RPG. Albeit a very boring RPG.

Also, I know technically they're the same thing, but I'm very picky when it comes to characterizing Devil May Cry as an action game; It's a "stylish" action game.

And, good luck on finding Adventure games; There are no Adventure games except Zelda, and Beyond Good & Evil. Beyond Good & Evil 2 is supposed to be coming out, but not this year, and possibly not even next year, but it's something to look forward to. Play the original if you haven't yet NAO though.

Back
Top Bottom