• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to see in the 5th gen?

What do you want to see in future generations?

This is pretty much a thread to hear what you want to see when generation V rolls around. This isn't Pokemon wise, this is simply stuff like the geography, plot ideas, new types, you know.

Last edited:
I'd like more than one region (with separate regional dexes) and each version to start in a different region. Exclusive legendaries could be region-based.

Multiple enemy teams (like emerald) and rivals. Also giovanni could come back as a good guy.

Dark type gym

A light-type, and a gym for it

Probably some other stuff

I'd like to see some new Pokemon:
-Another bear type pokemon (maybe a panda and a polar bear)
-Definately more fire types

Multi-region gaming

ETC...

More than one region.
More original ideas.
A plot that isn't for ten-year olds.
More pure-Ice types... There's, what, about four at the moment?
Difficulty settings.

A light-type,

...Why?

Difficulty settings.

Why difficulty settings? Pokemon is fine the way it is. You can make it harder or easier on yourself through what you decide to do. If you wish to use powerful legendary pokemon against the E4, then go ahead. If you want to use a mono-type, then go ahead. If you don't want to use items, go ahead. Its these type of choices that help make Pokemon enjoyable. So, why a difficulty setting?

I think it would be cool to have a large "plain" for a geographical feature for the game. (Hoenn was surrounded completely by water, Sinnoh had Mt. Coronet) It could be this massive area that is simply a plain with a few trees and tons of trainers.

Also, I had this really weird idea of having a building in a major city (i.e; Veilstone, Jubilfe, Celadon) with one floor devoted directly towards in-game trades, such as every day there is a new trainer there offering and asking for a different Pokemon. In the beginning of the game it could be easy trades (i.e Sinnoh: Bidoof for Budew), eventually turning into better trades (i.e Skorupi for Croagunk), and after beating the e4 have even more important trades (i.e Murkrow for Misdreavus, Chimchar for Cyndaquil). It would be a really interesting add.

1.Being able to accually cook poffins/pokeblocks. I mean your own recipies and stuff.(no more 'select a berry and use the a button/touch screen amnd insantly get a poffin/pokeblock' stuff.
2.Compete 3-D. This includes sprites. And battles.(battles like on the consoles andstuff.)
3.Secret bases in the feild.
4.The ability to hold conversations with people.(this means the use of the DS microphone.

2.Compete 3-D. This includes sprites. And battles.(battles like on the consoles andstuff.)

I'll say it again - the only reason they don't do this is because it'd really annoy the fans who enjoy spriting, because they wouldn't be able to, ah, sprite with the new Pokémon.

Dark-type gym.

Multiple regions.

No outrageous shortage of Fire types during the story mode like in D/P.

New types, with something else for Poison to be super effective against- it's a good type with potential but it only beats Grass. What is the deal with that??

ARMADILLOS

I want the region to be mountains or tropical islands. By mountains, I mean the whole region is on one, there isn't just one in the middle of the map.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah but console battles take a srious long amount of time to battle. I mean Colosseum pulled it off but that is because there weren't as many trainers and no wild pokemon.

How would you feel have to wait a minute and a half just to press the "run" button. I know I would be annoyed.

ALTHOUGH: It is a good idea but I don't think for story mode. I think just for Wi-Fi battles and such.

I seriously want to see some more Wi-Fi features.

Contest
Secret Bases
Actually having like an MMORPG gameplay (althought thats unlikely to happen)
A story! I'm tired of Team X is trying to accomplish a big goal to rule the world
Johto was the only one that actually worked well.
And maybe like a super trainer like Red in GSC. Wi-Fi battles are boring now since if one move messes up, even from the beginning then you can pretty much lose.

Zephyrous Castform said:
I'll say it again - the only reason they don't do this is because it'd really annoy the fans who enjoy spriting, because they wouldn't be able to, ah, sprite with the new Pokémon.

They could try 3-D spriting. :grin:

And in the options you could select if you want 2-D sprites or 3-D sprites.

--More careers (i.e. a breeder sidequest, expand the dance part of the Contests into an "idol" career, etc.)
--revamp the Contests to include more events and tone down the difficulty a tad
--make Poffin making a little easier

--More careers (i.e. a breeder sidequest, expand the dance part of the Contests into an "idol" career, etc.)

I have one thing to say: Pokemon Breeder game! You could be given a small farm with that generations Rattata and Pidgey and Starter pokemon, then as time passes you expand and rarer pokemon can come. Of course, in order to upgrade your farm, you have to care for your Pokemon. Also, how you care for them can determine what type of farms appear to upgrade to. When your farm is big enough, you can fence off spaces to keep seperate Pokemon, and eventually get multiple farms. Then, there would be a special farm that you could store pokemon from the main game in to raise and care for. I also forgot to mention that the farm's pokemon can breed, hence the name, but only if they are in the same egg group, like in the games. The game also keeps track of a pokemon's attacks, since you would be able to transport them to the main pokemon game once they are so many days/weeks old, and on there they will have a special ribbon. Okay, I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom