• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt UU Trick Room Team

Thorne

It's feeding time
Jesus Lord and Mary too, I'm doing another Trick Room Team, this time I've posted it on another forum and got some help from them before posting it here.

Porygon2
-Trick Room
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover
Item Attached: Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)

Slowking
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Calm Mind
-Slack Off
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SDef / 44 SAtk
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)

Cacturne
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
Item Attached: Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)

Weezing
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split
Ability: Levitate
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

Banette
-Shadow Claw
-knock Off
-Will-O-Wisp
-Destiny Bond
Item Attached: Focus Sash
Ability: Frisk
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -spd)

Claydol
-Trick Room
-Earth Power
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 108 SDef / 40 SAtk

Last edited:
Jesus Lord and Mary too, I'm doing another Trick Room Team, this time I've posted it no another forum and got some help from their part before posting it here.

Odd way of posting, but it's readable, so.

Porygon2
-Trick Room
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover
Ability: Trace
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)

Having only one Trick Room user is begging for trouble on a Trick Room team. You need more than one to use it effectively. Anyway, Porygon2 is nice and defensive, which is nice. I see this one bringing a lot of trouble, especially on things with Intimidate.

Slowking
- Surf
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SDef / 44 SAtk
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)

This Slowking's focusing too much on his higher defense stat. You max out special defense, use a +Sp.Def nature, and then have a move to boost your Sp.Def. You need to put something into Defense to make sure he can take the odd super-effective physical attack, as almost anything with fists or claws could take this guy down with a super-effective hit. This is why most people use a Bold nature and max out defense EVs on Blissey.

Cacturne
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
Item Attached: Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)

Looks okay, although I'd really consider something else. Cacturne really lacks in terms of selling points.

Weezing
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4SAtk

Looks good. Consider Explosion somewhere on there, to be able to take down something when the need arises.

Banette
-Shadow Claw
-knock Off
-Will-O-Wisp
-Destiny Bond
Item Attached: Focus Sash
Ability: Frisk
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -spd)

What, no Sucker Punch? Knock Off is a useful attack, as is Will-O-Wisp, and assuming you can outspeed the opponent, Destiny Bond. Frisk isn't great, although it could allow you to get a good idea of the Pokemon; Insomnia might be nice if you have things putting it to sleep.

Parasect
-X-Scissor
-Seed Bomb
- Pursuit
- Spore
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+Atk, -Spd)

... wat. I can see absolutely no reason to use Parasect on a team. Its attack is below average, its defense is bad, and the fact that it has Spore is augmented by the fact that Breloom (the only other one who can learn it without Sketch) can use it, then be able to do some damage to the sleeping foe or whatever switches in. It's faster, which may be a bit of trouble for your Trick Room team, but it has a priority move in Mach Punch. Combining it with a Toxic Orb and teaching it Facade can lead to some big fun. Oh, and it gets Swords Dance. (Also Quiet doesn't boost attack.) On top of that, Parasect gets killed by sunlight. Rain is more common and heals him, but still not a big selling point. Drop it.

It looks okay. I'd make a suggestion for something with Curse - on a Trick Room team, a Curse user would have no downside at all (lowers its speed, boosts its attack and defense). Curselax could be an idea; that thing was a goddamn beast in RSE, and with the bonus of Trick Room and the fact that it keeps Curse, I could see it dominating a lot of things for your team.

I just realized I wrote the wrong nature on Parasect, but since he doesn't seem to be worth having that doesn't matter, I don't think I can have much use of Snorlax as I'm pretty sure he's a OU Pokémon and I'm limiting myself to UU and NU. Could you suggest something that can be a secondary Trick Room user?

By the way, the reason I don't have Explosion of Weezing is because I don't want to risk him taking another one on the team with him if I play a Double, and I was thinking of using Frisk in combination with Knock Off to remove the more necessary items from the opponent, rather then using it wildly.

But yeah, I'd like it if you suggested better natures, Ev's, movesets and such for those who you think need to change.

I just realized I wrote the wrong nature on Parasect, but since he doesn't seem to be worth having that doesn't matter, I don't think I can have much use of Snorlax as I'm pretty sure he's a OU Pokémon and I'm limiting myself to UU and NU. Could you suggest something that can be a secondary Trick Room user?

Oh right, forgot this was a UU team. Points stand, though.

Um, let me see. Slowbro would be a nice replacement to Slowking, since a good chunk of UU Pokemon are physical, last time I checked. Give him a moveset essentially similar to your Slowking right now, and maybe a few EVs in Defense. He can learn Trick Room as well.

Claydol is a good Rapid Spinner to clean out Stealth Rock and other entry hazards, plus a Trick Room user, although his speed is rather high for a Trick Room team. You could augment this with a Macho Brace hold item, which halves his speed. An Iron Ball with a Trick moveset could potentially work too, as it lets you destroy Flying-types and anything with Levitate, at the expense of your own Levitate (until you Trick it away), which is good as long as you don't mind the opponent potentially going first. You'd want to max his HP, then spread roughly equally among defense and special attack, maybe a bit more emphasis on defense. Rapid Spin is a must, and Trick if you're using an Iron Ball. Earth Power is an obligatory attack move, and you can choose between Knock Off, Toxic, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Stealth Rock, all kinds of options.

And Spiritomb is a nice option too, although he can't Trick Room. His speed is pathetic enough to make good use of Trick Room, and his typing is the best defensive one possible - zero weaknesses is too awesome to pass up. He can even Calm Mind to boost his special stats into insane levels, then level an entire team. Max HP is important, but the balance between special attack and defense is a bit trickier. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting have perfect neutral coverage, but since you'll be lucky to get that, you can try something else, maybe Dark Pulse. Pain Split brings healing along, and Will-O-Wisp helps Spiritomb deal with physical threats more easily.

Along similar lines (minus typing) is Hariyama, who has massive HP and strong attack, who can boost with Bulk Up to be a usable physical wall and attacker. He has the added bonus features of Guts, which is great if you can switch into a Will-O-Wisp or TWave, or Thick Fat, which gives him resistances to two common attack types. He can also Whirlwind to phaze setup sweepers. HP maxed on this thing is somewhat pointless, taking into account the fact that he easily tops 400 HP even without any EV investment, but a few points never hurt anyone. Attack maxed is important. You would be best off investing the rest into defense. Close Combat might destroy the point of the defense boosts, but after a couple Bulk Ups I dare you to find something that will survive. If I remember correctly, he can Belly Drum too. Hell hath no fury like a stomach-pounding sumo wrestler.

And finally, Steelix is an option. His defense is absolutely ballistic, and his attack, while below average, can be used with good old Curse. (There's an option! Forget Curselax, you got Curselix!) And it has the added bonus feature of boosting his defense, which can already top 500 with ease, to essentially unhittable levels. On top of that, he's slow as hell, and has no negative effects from Iron Ball, so his Gyro Ball becomes insanely powerful, even before taking STAB into account. And I know you really don't like Explosion, but after a couple Curses, NOTHING will survive. Besides, you can always switch Banette in to eat it without any negative effects. His big problem is that two of his common weaknesses, Fire and Water, often hit his very low special defense stat. Despite this, he should be able to crush pretty much anything. Max HP and Attack with a Brave nature. There's essentially no point in putting anything into defense that high. If you really want to, maybe take some out of attack and place them into defense.

These were all off the top of my head, but they could work.

By the way, the reason I don't have Explosion of Weezing is because I don't want to risk him taking another one on the team with him if I play a Double, and I was thinking of using Frisk in combination with Knock Off to remove the more necessary items from the opponent, rather then using it wildly.

Both sound points. I hadn't thought of that doubles thing, and Frisk and Knock Off both go well together.

But yeah, I'd like it if you suggested better natures, Ev's, movesets and such for those who you think need to change.

Yeah, sorry. Any nature that kills speed is good for a Trick Room team. Porygon2 might want a little bit more defense - maybe like 40 points out of special attack - but then again, after Tracing Intimidate, it'll be much easier to eat physical attacks. Anyway, boosting special attack is somewhat counterproductive, but I see it as more of a defensive Pokemon, so eh.

Slowking looks okay now that I think about it, since Weezing covers your physical walling needs. Calm Mind could probably go, maybe replace it with Nasty Plot, but then again I can see the special defense boost coming in handy. Psychic may get STAB, but overall it's a bad attack type; Ice Beam provides better coverage, and Surf already gives STAB.

Cacturne looks okay if you want to keep it. I have absolutely no clue why you'd put the last 4 into special attack; I know it's almost nothing, but placing it into defense or special defense might actually help in some situation.

Weezing looks fine.

Banette's fine. It learns Trick Room, so replacing something on there for another Trick Room user is a nice option.

And by the sounds of it you're not using Parasect, so. If you do, though, he looks good (well, as good as that mushroom crab thing can get).

As a side note, a Macho Brace could really go on anything here to help it become slower than as many opponents as possible.

I was having Fire Blast on Slowking, but a guy on the other forum(Uutitan forums) told that things like Milotic would wall him completely, and I realized he was right. I'd like to use Claydol since it's a favourite of in terms of design. but since I have no real idea of what'd be a good moveset and EV spread, I'm just going to take a set from Smogon and add some sort of twist to it.

Claydol
-Trick Room
-Earth Power
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 108 SDef / 40 SAtk

And by the way, I was kinda rushed when I wrote this, hence why it started so wierd.

Milotic's a good point; but if you're worried about that, there's always Grass Knot (or Energy Ball, which I think Slowking learns). Alternatively, HP Electric, if you have it.

The EVs you have there are pretty well balanced, but it puts it in a sort of "jack of all trades, master of none" situation. Pick whichever defensive stat your team needs most, change or keep the nature accordingly, and put the points all into one stat. The moveset looks good, but if you ever go into OU beware, because Skarmory completely walls it. Macho Brace is better on something like Claydol, considering his base speed, like I said, is kinda high for a Trick Room team.

The problem is I couldn't think of anything I needed in general. And Slowking doesn't learn Energy Ball, which is a damn shame because it'd totally have use for it. And I really cant understand how to get Hidden Power to work like it should.

I mean, the EVs you have on Claydol could work. Try experimenting with it; if it works for you, then there you go. If you run into trouble with something in particular, then you know what to do to counter it.

Slowking may not learn Energy Ball, but I'm positive it learns Grass Knot, so use that.

And Hidden Power is really damn confusing; it has to do with the IVs and some formula regarding them that decides the base power and type. Unless you know the formula and you're up to IV breeding, it's not really worth it.

Well, I used my Grass Knot TM on my Infernape, so I think I'll keep Psychic on Slowking as I don't have any other Psychic move, so it's useful to it's own right.

*sigh* Right.

And I was thinking on putting Stealth Rock on Claydol, but I'm not sure which move to replace, and I can't risk it being Earth Power as Taunt would screw me over.

Yeah, I don't know how much Stealth Rock would help your team. I don't think it's worth getting rid of any of your current moves either.

As a side note, Claydol learns Cosmic Power; given a few turns to set up, he could become an indestructible wall. Combined with Toxic and Earth Power, you can whittle them down none-too-slowly for a big-time win, although he doesn't have any reliable recovery moves. My Hippowdon follows a similar strategy using Stockpile to boost his defenses, and he's saved my ass countless times. I'd suggest getting rid of Rapid Spin for it, but I don't know if it's worth the risk of entry hazards. I guess it depends how often you run into them.

Keep Rapid Spin. What's the point of Claydol without Rapid Spin? It helps against things like Toxic Spikes.

Back
Top Bottom