• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Super Smash Bros. RP Planning Committee

Aethelstan

Murderer of Words
~Intro~
Welcome everyone! For all those Smash Bros. fans out there, this thread is for you. Here we shall organize ideas for a new Smash Bros. RP (or RPs) in attempt to create some new effective, popular, long-lasting ideas. If you are not on the official committee, please feel free to submit your own ideas for the rest of us to discuss.

~Committee members~
Aethelstan
Shining Eevee
Dragon
Storm, Earth, and Fire
Jason-Kun
shadow_lugia
IcySapphire
NOTE: Before people start asking, the members of the committee were invited, because they were the original volunteers. It would be nice if I didn't have to deal with a bunch of requests to join at one time.

~Ideas~
We could use some new ones... (although we already have two Smash Bros. RPs going now, we don't want to go overboard)

~Ongoing RP's~
IcySapphire's Rescue Across Worlds
Shining Eevee's The Outsiders

Last edited:
Joining against my better judgment.

I have a vague idea for one already, actually. According to the SSE, the Smash Bros. universe pretty much consists of the trophies (AKA the playable characters) duking it out constantly. In the words of Sakurai, "They know nothing but fighting. Fighting is the sole reason for their existence." Well, that kind of gave me an idea. What if, for some reason, they were unable to fight? Or somehow came to their senses? Or something?!

Feedback, people.

Well, I guess I'll join too. What I meant in the Idea Center was a thread for all RP ideas, but..

Fan characters. Many fan characters. That's all I have to contribute right now, gimme a bit to think about it, I guess >_>

Why not two kids (or more) that join up with Mario and Link (or more) to save the Nintendoverse?
I should think more, since you can't have an RP with only two characters. That, or it would have to be a very, very small RP.

I do support fan character inclusion and non-game character inclusion

As for plot, my last attempt to create a Smash RP failed miserably, so I have no suggestions

As for plot, my last attempt to create a Smash RP failed miserably, so I have no suggestions
That's never a reason to stop trying. This goes for anything. I mean, it's okay if you don't have any ideas, but to refuse to think of any or to automatically reject your ideas before you try them out for that reason alone would be wrong.

I support the fan characters idea, but I have nothing to contribute on that front.

Why not two kids (or more) that join up with Mario and Link (or more) to save the Nintendoverse?

You could make something out of this though. The RPers could be a bunch of kids that team up with the good guys to beat the bad ones, or something along those lines.

That's never a reason to stop trying. This goes for anything. I mean, it's okay if you don't have any ideas, but to refuse to think of any or to automatically reject your ideas before you try them out for that reason alone would be wrong.

I support the fan characters idea, but I have nothing to contribute on that front.

Well, this could be applied to some other plot, you just have fan characters added in instead of just all the regular characters.

Well, this could be applied to some other plot, you just have fan characters added in instead of just all the regular characters.
Sounds like a plan. Oh, and perhaps we could have characters who pertain to a certain series but aren't fanmade, AKA Newcomers? Like in my old RP? So then Exo can play Mecha Sonic and not have to cry tears of blood?

Which reminds me. I was just thinking, perhaps we could combine IcySapphire's idea with my own? The children who befriend (I'm assuming) the Smash characters could be the 'disturbances' we need.

and we could have some Smashers who oppose this disturbance, not team up with anyone, and set out to kill the humans.

With fan-newcomers, of course.

Well, to build on the random kids idea. Why not have some of us fight the party, then, for whatever reason we decide, our character decides to join them?

Sounds like a plan. Oh, and perhaps we could have characters who pertain to a certain series but aren't fanmade, AKA Newcomers? Like in my old RP? So then Exo can play Mecha Sonic and not have to cry tears of blood?

Which reminds me. I was just thinking, perhaps we could combine IcySapphire's idea with my own? The children who befriend (I'm assuming) the Smash characters could be the 'disturbances' we need.

So what we have is something along these lines:

There is a world with those who no nothing but fighting. They live their lives day by day doing battle to improve their abilities and to show themselves stronger. This is how they survive, what keeps balance in their world. But when innocence and logic in the form of (insert number here) children enter this world, the balance could be corrupted. Their lives may change forever, things never being the peaceful yet violent existence it was before.​

Yes it's cheesy and corny sounding, but I threw it together in like, 2 minutes.

By the way, Storm, Earth, and Fire (yeesh that's annoying to type out, can I just call you Storm?), do you want to join the official committee?

So what we have is something along these lines:

There is a world with those who no nothing but fighting. They live their lives day by day doing battle to improve their abilities and to show themselves stronger. This is how they survive, what keeps balance in their world. But when innocence and logic in the form of (insert number here) children enter this world, the balance could be corrupted. Their lives may change forever, things never being the peaceful yet violent existence it was before.​

Yes it's cheesy and corny sounding, but I threw it together in like, 2 minutes.

By the way, Storm, Earth, and Fire (yeesh that's annoying to type out), do you want to join the official committee?
Well, Cheesy is my middle name. And besides, I don't think I could've done better (except you spelled 'know' as 'no'). And Storm, we could have that too.

PS: I was originally going to call you 'Steafi', a combination of Storm, Earth, and Fire, but nevermind.

Well that works too.

We just have to make it not sound corny and cheesy. =P

There exists a world, which operates far, far differently from our own. Upon this world, the beings, a seemingly impossible variety of them, live each day of their lives, reveling in the carnage and chaos of battle. Their days are filled with thoughts of triumph over the other beings, of spilling the innards of the opponents, their eternal opponents. Their skills are honed everyday through sheer necessity. The fighting perpetuates on and on for all eternity, feeding and maintaining the balance of the world.

Or so we thought...

However, a group of extradimensional beings appeared one day. They were pure of mind, pure of heart, most untainted by violence. We might call them 'children'. Their arrival threatens the status quo. Their innocence and immature worldview, threatens to sunder the very foundations of life upon the battle-scarred world. Their thoughts, their ideas, their memories of a world where violence is not a (common) way of life, threaten to wreck the delicate balance of the world they are now stranded in.​

I took some creative liberties, but hopefully that just makes it sound cooler.

Also, I think we may need something to tie it into Smash Bros...

Last edited:
Here's a little more fleshed out explanation for my idea:

The kids (however many we decide to have) enjoy nothing more than playing Nintendo. But little do they know that the world in which Mario, Link, Pikachu, and many others play is a world in itself, protected by three princesses: Peach, Zelda, and Leaf (FR/LG girl) When the three princesses are present in the Sanctuary of Light (or something else), the world of Nintendo is at peace.

But now, evil has fallen, and Leaf has been captured by (whoever the bad guy will be). Worried that the world of Nintendo will disappear, Peach and Zelda send a plea for help to the other world, pulling the kids in through their Wii/DS/Game Boy/whatever.

Can the kids work alongside their favorite heroes to save Leaf and the World of Nintendo?

I'll join the committee.

How about the kids are given a trophy to help them fight with? Like some characters ((canon)) were imbeded within trophies and by using these trophies the kids gain an attribute ((appearance, weapon, power, or personality trait)) of the character?

Back
Top Bottom