• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Pie and a Sprite Gallery

iLike2EatPiez

... is raiding your fridge for pastry delights. =D
Erm, hai. I’ve been pretty much gone for about… *counts* seven months? Wow. Didn’t think it was that long. Not sure if anyone remembers me, but yeah. I’m back with a new sprite thread. =D I’ve been spriting a lot lately, but haven’t gotten much (if any) critique, so that’s mainly what I’m looking for. Instead of rambling on I’ll just get to the sprites already--

Recolors
Camolithe.png
Goldenbrand-Dodrio.png
Naiyntaylezz.png
Rapidash.png
Vollpixx.png

All of these are actually old. Meh. x3

Splices
AggronxSkitty.png
DeoxysxNinetales.png
ElectrikexTogetic.png
GranbullxLuxray.png
KecleonxSealeo.png
MewxPikachuEdit.png
MurkrowxScizor.png

Insane_Sinnoh-Evos_Splice7616881158.gif

… Conversely, all of these (save for the Luxray-Granbull) are new.

Scratch-Edits
ClothedLeafeon.png
PluseMinunIceClimbers.png

Basically sprites with a bunch of scratched details to them. And, yes, Ice Climbers rule. =3

Other Stuff
Shrubara.png
Riyoteon.png
TCOD-PersonaSplice.png

I didn’t really have enough similar sprites to these guys to put them in separate categories. I do actually have more 100% scratches than the first one, a Fakemon of mine called Shrubara, but he was definitely my best. The second one is also a Fakemon, a Fighting Eevee-evo called Riyoteon. Only a few parts of him are scratched, though; the limbs, tail, head, and several other parts are all from various official sprites. The third one’s a Mew/Tyranitar fusion that was supposed to look like an Ice/Fire Type.

Sooo… Critique, comment, or just look. x3

Dude, that Luxray-Granbull looks really cool, and that Dark Scizor looks like it could seriously fuck up your shit.

Good job.

The head looks like it's under the metal breast plate. Add shading to the armor and moar outline to the head to show that it is above the armor. Also, add shading under the added metal parts, to show that they are above them.
It's good, but I think you could do a bit more. Make the red triangles the color of the opposite sprite (yellow on white and white on yellow) and do something to the wings. Also, that head is way to big for the body.

The tail looks like it is stuck to the body in two places, add darker outilines to the upper part of the lower back, and also, change the colour of the mustache in both sprites and the spike edges in the right.

The hat is too big for the head, also the wings do not fit the style of Murkrow, Honchkrow, or Scizor. =/

First it's way too busy, making it hard to crit, second, the Dusknoir "face" and the Yanmega tail are angled awkwardly, third, why is it the only WBGed sprite?

Overall, copy-pastish, try scratching more. =/

Your recolours are amusing and the Ninetales/Deoxys splice is some epic fucked up shit. :o

Uh, carry on.

Thanks for the crit, Umbreon-dana! I'll get to editing a lot of those sprites soon... To answer your question about the Sinnoh-Evos splice, I had already made it transparent before posting, whereas all the others weren't transparent. I'll be honest and say I was too lazy to do the same to the rest of them all at that moment. I may make the others transparent later.

I would have kept the Super-specialawesome-Shades, wolftamer, but I really got tired of people requesting them... If I put them back up it wouldn't surprise me if people kept asking for them, even though this isn't the request forum. Plus I only really liked a few of them. ^-^;

... Animated what's-his-name movies?

...spirited away, my neighbor totoro... those.
Studio Ghibli?

Anyway, the majority of the recolours look pretty detailed, which is more than I can say for a majority of recolours here. I think that they all look really nice, though I'm a bit confused as to the red on the flames of Rapidash, though.

I agree with Umbreon-Dana with the stuff on splices; scratch more onto them.

One of the reccuring things in your disguises is a lack or black shading. Don't be afraid to use it; It makes the sprite look more authentic and it helps to fistinguish the different parts from each other. It hurts my eyes trying to seperate the pink from white on Plusle.

And I think that to keep these ideas in your mind, I'll request a splice of Zangoose, Natu and Skiploom, and a disguise of Delcatty as Vyers.

Back
Top Bottom